Abandoned water park at Costa De Antigua

Started by rosamund, October 24, 2017, 16:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosamund

Perhaps the all knowing and all seeing Woe will know the answer to this. Has the abandoned water park been bought by anyone and if so will they please knock it down- it's becoming a real eyesore with all the graffiti on it.

spitfire58

Quote from: rosamund on October 24, 2017, 16:27:54 PM
Perhaps the all knowing and all seeing Woe will know the answer to this. Has the abandoned water park been bought by anyone and if so will they please knock it down- it's becoming a real eyesore with all the graffiti on it.

I thought it was being adopted now as a piece of modern art because of the graffiti 🤣😂🤣😂

woe10

Quote from: rosamund on October 24, 2017, 16:27:54 PM

It was never a "water park" as such, but just a large ewimming pool for which they were charging about 10 euros to go in, which was an afront to most people as their hotels all had pools. Hence after time, no people, closed and left to rot. 

rosamund

Only if Banksy had painted a mural on it which is very unlikely unless he has been on holiday there😂🎃🎉🍷🍷🍻🍻

g121ffs

Earlier this year in one of the free newspapers there was an article about improvements in Caleta & Costa de Antigua, I think they were interviewing the major?

It said that the council had brought the water park and they were going to re-open it summer 2018.

woe10

GSD Girl

Thanks for this thred. We have walked passed, round, and tried to look into this place several times, whilst walking from Rosario to Caleta, to find out what it is. Now we know. Hope something can be done with it.

spitfire58

Quote from: FORUM SUPPORT âœ" on October 25, 2017, 21:25:16 PM
Quote from: vivafuerte on October 25, 2017, 20:53:29 PM
can somebody show me where this is ?

goo.gl/97EVNB

That`s not quite it is it. I thought it was the big white elephant down at the front as you come off the path from Caleta ??

Brightspark

Quote from: spitfire58 on October 25, 2017, 22:55:32 PM
Quote from: FORUM SUPPORT âœ" on October 25, 2017, 21:25:16 PM
Quote from: vivafuerte on October 25, 2017, 20:53:29 PM
can somebody show me where this is ?

goo.gl/97EVNB

That`s not quite it is it. I thought it was the big white elephant down at the front as you come off the path from Caleta ??
The link doesn't work on phones correctly.

Here:
Dropped pin
near Av. Maritima, 35610 Antigua, Las Palmas, Spain

https://goo.gl/maps/LinpWR6vNdM2

dagwood

Quote from: vivafuerte on October 26, 2017, 10:53:25 AM
anyone know the story behind why all those new built houses on the front are not for sale ?

someone told me they didnt have permission to build and the one thats occupied was sold before they where found out.
I know but I wouldn`t tell you.

rosamund

I think probably because they are so expensive. Gold acres are advertising them at 454,000 euros 😨

Some Bloke

I was wondering what that eye-sore was - looks like some sort of unfinished monument you might see in North Korea  ??? ??? ??? ???

dagwood

Quote from: vivafuerte on October 26, 2017, 11:10:44 AM
Quote from: dagwood on October 26, 2017, 10:58:03 AM
Quote from: vivafuerte on October 26, 2017, 10:53:25 AM
anyone know the story behind why all those new built houses on the front are not for sale ?

someone told me they didnt have permission to build and the one thats occupied was sold before they where found out.
I know but I wouldn`t tell you.

Quote from: rosamund on October 26, 2017, 11:07:35 AM
I think probably because they are so expensive. Gold acres are advertising them at 454,000 euros 😨
Believe it or not I do and I`m not saying, and what you were told only affects a few  if any I believe  , the roof tiles have been replaced on most of them earlier this year. Now does that look like there going to be knocked.

no you don't

Brightspark

I don't know so much now but several years ago there used to be a security guard in there, you could see lights on in the windowed bit and he did actually come out and chase you off if you snooped around too much.

dagwood

Quote from: FORUM SUPPORT âœ" on October 27, 2017, 10:22:52 AM
I don't know so much now but several years ago there used to be a security guard in there, you could see lights on in the windowed bit and he did actually come out and chase you off if you snooped around too much.
You were probably very young then.

Brightspark

Quote from: dagwood on October 27, 2017, 17:14:44 PM
Quote from: FORUM SUPPORT âœ" on October 27, 2017, 10:22:52 AM
You were probably very young then.
when I say snoop about I mean you couldn't even sit near the benches outside it at the wrong time without being watched.
I've never been inside the place, never needed to, you can see it all on Google maps.