New Hotels Planned for Caleta de Fuste?

Started by Captain Sensible, November 18, 2017, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Sensible

Plans to build hotels on the land between the Montecastillo area and the Fuerteventura Golf Club are being considered.  Three options have been drawn up, which might increase the number of tourist beds available in the resort from 12,500 to 37,500.
Details here: https://www.aeca-antigua.es/informacion-de-los-nuevos-planteamientos-para-caleta-de-fuste/

rosamund

Who owns the land between Costa deAntigua and caleta? When we arrived here many years ago we were told that the land was earmarked for a golf course which hasn't materialized.

spitfire58

If I got some of that right. It appears that only 10 houses in the Caleta environs are registered as rentable holiday homes !! Some joke !!

I do think though that before they look at extending the built up area that they utilise the existing part built sites before any more are allowed, ie Chipmunk mountain etc

erik_tonny

Fantastic plan! This is just what the island needs.

spitfire58

Quote from: erik_tonny on November 18, 2017, 12:16:14 PM

It is good to have development as long as it is tightly controlled. You do not want to return to the pre 2007 situation where we had bogus developers building whatever & wherever. I personally like Fuerte with the slower pace of life that it has. I don`t want to see it turned into another Tenerife or Benidorm !!

ashworth

Caleta is busy enough nowadays. It is full of families in Summer and Golfers in winter. loads of new development would ruin the place. Plenty of empty properties everywhere to sell of 1st.

Johnrgby2

That is a massive increase in numbers, from whichever angle you look at it, obviously, y the time the so called consultation goes ahead, then planning application it is going to take 10 years minimum, there is apparently a shortage of hotel rooms in Caleta, but that kind of extra capacity will take some filling, it might, of course, make them all more competitive, price wise, by the law of supply and demand, and would be good for the traders In Caleta, probably not the bars, as most of it will be All inclusve, if current trends continue.

Let us hope they do something to the main beach as part of this so called improvement

fatherted

Just imagine if the clowns who were tasked with the beach project were also involved with these plans!

Johnrgby2

Quote from: fatherted on November 18, 2017, 13:27:51 PM
Just imagine if the clowns who were tasked with the beach project were also involved with these plans!

:o :o :o Dear God no.

erik_tonny

Quote from: erik_tonny on November 18, 2017, 12:16:14 PM
This was meant te be sarcastic !!!!

bedouin

Deso

Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Jamesy

Quote from: rosamund on November 18, 2017, 09:57:09 AM
Who owns the land between Costa deAntigua and caleta? When we arrived here many years ago we were told that the land was earmarked for a golf course which hasn't materialized.

Is in it a tad too windy there?

Jamesy

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on November 18, 2017, 13:27:02 PM
That is a massive increase in numbers, from whichever angle you look at it, obviously, y the time the so called consultation goes ahead, then planning application it is going to take 10 years minimum, there is apparently a shortage of hotel rooms in Caleta, but that kind of extra capacity will take some filling, it might, of course, make them all more competitive, price wise, by the law of supply and demand, and would be good for the traders In Caleta, probably not the bars, as most of it will be All inclusve, if current trends continue.

Let us hope they do something to the main beach as part of this so called improvement

There was some talk over the past months that governmental licensing bodies shan't be issuing operating licenses for all inclusive hols. I have no idea if this is still the case, but their objective was to encourage tourists to "venture" out of the hotel and explore. On the flip side this will provide more opportunities for all, also driving costs of dining out down.

All in all, there is always something positive for all.