Airport Cash Machine

Started by Windermeregolfer, November 22, 2017, 16:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windermeregolfer

Can anyone confirm is there a cash machine in the arrivals area at Fuerteventura airport, need cash for car hire deposit this time as I have been told CC can't be used for a hire more than 4 weeks.

Deso

There is a Bankia one almost facing you as you walk into departures from outside John.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

bedouin

Hire car deposit?  Perhaps you're hiring from the wrong people.

jg

A car hire firm which does not take credit cards seems a bit dodgy for a start.
JG

falkirkdan

Use Payless.es  no deposit.  Good cars. Good prices And desk in terminal.

Geoff007

W.G

We have hired from Autoreisen on a number of occasions -the longest being 10 weeks. The Company admin did not vary. Always no hassle !

suendrob

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on November 22, 2017, 16:35:52 PM
Can anyone confirm is there a cash machine in the arrivals area at Fuerteventura airport, need cash for car hire deposit this time as I have been told CC can't be used for a hire more than 4 weeks.

They are probably concerned that things may happen to the credit card during a long hire, though I don't know what, nor how to get round it.
I also think the OP may not necessarily have meant to write the word deposit, but possibly meant rental.

jill tie

There is a cash machine to the right hand side of the big doors as you come through arrivals

Logitechtom

If you hire a car for four weeks or longer, car hire firms can't rely on the charge they reserve on your credit card (the card provider only allows reservations up to one month), so it's not unusual to be asked for a cash deposit.

Tom.

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: jg on November 23, 2017, 09:19:19 AM
A car hire firm which does not take credit cards seems a bit dodgy for a start.

Thanks for the info re Cash Machines.

In answer to all the points above -

I already have the money in my account over on Fuerteventura so want to draw on that forgot to take it out before we left last time there.

Deposit needed as I am not taking the extra insurance due to having annual hire car cover for £39pa  It is a deposit they will take the hire payment on my Sol Bank debit card ok.

As Logitechtom says as the car hire is for 6 weeks cash needed as apparently CC deposits are only good for up to 4 weeks.

Cheers all, looking forward to getting there in 8 days.

John

cockney

I would be interested to know who you are renting the car from. I always use Cicar and full insurance is included, not an extra, and I have never been asked for a deposit on a long rental.
Enjoy your trip.

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: cockney on November 26, 2017, 16:12:20 PM
I would be interested to know who you are renting the car from. I always use Cicar and full insurance is included, not an extra, and I have never been asked for a deposit on a long rental.
Enjoy your trip.

Top Car AutoReisen who we have used for the last 3 years, will look at Cicar for February.

Update, just checked and  Cicar are 1.55â,¬ a day dearer for Dec to Jan hire & 2.55â,¬ a day dearer for a hire of 67 days Feb to April for comparable 2 door cars.

cockney

That price includes full insurance and although I always book the smallest, cheapest car I always end up with a larger one for the same price. No deposits, no extras and return with fuel as started with. At least your not going with Gold Star.

Interestingly I had this e.mail on Friday:

HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!

Make the reservation of your car in our web www.topcar.es on the next four days (from the 24th to the 27th of November) and enjoy a 15% discount indicating the promotional code

BFTOPCAR

charlatanefc

Top Car and Autoreisen have been seperate companies for a while now. Theres no deposits with autoreisen