all inclusive at the dunnas calleta

Started by cairocuz1, October 18, 2013, 21:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cairocuz1

thinking of staying here in march 2014, and was wondering what the quality of the all inclusive is like? stayed here in the late 90s when it was self catering and had a great time. can it be the same gary who worked there then? any information would be most welcome, thanks

cairocuz1

sorry should of put ANY not ANT information!!

cairocuz1

yes im a newbe and ive just realised you can edit posts!

cairocuz1

:) booked for 19th march 2 weeks, would love any info, weve not been to Fuerteventura 10yrs and not stayed at the dunnas calleta for 15yrs thanks!!

SheilaW

As a resident, I don't know much about what happens inside the hotels, but the Dunas Caleta Club is certainly in a good location, and the reviews are really good if you ignore the occasional gripe. The outside is maybe a little tatty and it sounds as though the rooms are too, but most of Corralejo could do with a bit of spit 'n' polish - it's part of its charm, really. :)

I hope we'll see you around the bars and restaurants, helping the local businesses to survive the year, even though you're in AI. You'll certainly get a warm welcome and meet people from outside the hotel.

cairocuz1

thanks sheilaw we are AI but only because it was so cheap. we will be eating n drinking out. we found a really good restaurant  at the back of the square when we stayed before,think it was called el Rincon do you know if its still going? also a Argentinian restaurant just off the main road thanks for any info

SheilaW

I'm not sure about either, but I am sure you'll have fun finding things you remember, and new things.

westhamrule

:D Yes it is still the same Gary that works there.

cairocuz1

thanks westhamrule looking forward to seeing gary,
shouldn't you change your login name to westhamwanderers as you've got our ex manager and half our old team!!! :)

cairocuz1

read some really good revues on the blue sea dunnas calleta cant wait to go

Thong Man 007

Me and the girl friend stopped here a couple of years ago and as we was both in thongs was told to cover up. Then the fat woman at reception then went to another and told them to cover up.
Women are allowed to go topless but you can't go bottomless.
She came out a few times to tell people by the pool to cover up while we was there for two weeks.
THONGS NOT ALLOWED.

cairocuz1

not a thong wearing person so no problems for me here. as long as the beers cold the sun is out and I can chill out we will be fine

dee-dee

You can`t go wrong at the Dunas...we`ll be back in July  8)

cairocuz1

glad to hear that dee dee
how would you rate the food at the dunnas?
we stayed there 3 times before in the late 90s,but never all inclusive
thanks for any information

dee-dee

If you are there for 2 weeks the food can be a bit repeatative but we always make sure we have enough money with us so that we can eat out some nights which gets you out and about and gives you a break...but saying that, there is always lots of different choices to choose from  ;D
I think its fine......depends what you are expecting?
Just remember its a 2/3 * complex  ;D

Ronnietheblue

Hello Dee-Dee, we are thinking of going to the Dunas Caleta in June. Could you please tell me if they have romantic candlelight dinner evenings, where I can treat my beloved, and maybe a dance floor/ballroom, where we can dance the night away. Also if we fancy a nibble later on, is there anywhere that sells jellied eels, my beloved is rather partial to them.
Thank you
Ronnie

dee-dee

Quote from: Ronnie The Bull on January 09, 2014, 19:48:11 PM
Hello Dee-Dee, we are thinking of going to the Dunas Caleta in June. Could you please tell me if they have romantic candlelight dinner evenings, where I can treat my beloved, and maybe a dance floor/ballroom, where we can dance the night away. Also if we fancy a nibble later on, is there anywhere that sells jellied eels, my beloved is rather partial to them.
Thank you
Ronnie
I think you better go somewhere else  ;D  :-*

cairocuz1

jellied eels im more mushy peas and steak pudding!

dee-dee

Quote from: cairocuz1 on January 09, 2014, 23:14:01 PM
jellied eels im more mushy peas and steak pudding!
Don`t worry about Ronnie...he`s trying to be funny  ;D  ;D

Ronnietheblue

Quote from: dee-dee on January 09, 2014, 07:25:17 AM
If you are there for 2 weeks the food can be a bit repeatative but we always make sure we have enough money with us so that we can eat out some nights which gets you out and about and gives you a break...but saying that, there is always lots of different choices to choose from  ;D
I think its fine......depends what you are expecting?
Just remember its a 2/3 * complex  ;D

Dee, why do you go all inclusive when you don't really drink. Is it because you like the pretty pink wristbands :-*
Cairo have a great holiday. Think el Rincon is still there, if you mean blue jeans Argentinian rest. That has now changed to a pasta pizza place. If el rincon has gone try Boa Vida Brazilian restaurant which is close to where el Rincon was. Have a look at bar restaurant reviews on the forum. If you remember Pancho villa Mexican, boa Vida is where that used to be.

cairocuz1

cairocuz1

not long to go fly out on the 19th of march for my 50th birthday celebrations on the 27th anybody got any ideas how to spend it?

cairocuz1

back from 2 fabulous weeks at the blue sea dunnas calleta
all the staff were very friendly and helpful. the complex is in need of a bit of tlc,but this didn't spoil our stay. food is very good and varied and constantly freshly topped up. no problems at the bar beer served in pints (tropical) there was a cocktail of the day everyday
gary and nicci both work very hard keeping you entertained
this is a 2 star property with 5 star service we would have no problems going back again