Author Topic: Norwegian not showing flights from Gatwick to Fue.....  (Read 553 times)

Offline el caballo hambrientoTopic starter

Norwegian not showing flights from Gatwick to Fue.....
« on: August 17, 2017, 09:35:23 am »
Norwegian not showing flights from Gatwick to Fue after March 2018.  Is this because the dates and times have not been released yet or has the service been withdrawn. I did a search on Google and cannot find any information.

Offline Archer

Re: Norwegian not showing flights from Gatwick to Fue.....
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 09:43:17 am »
I can only assume they have packed in doing Fuerteventura, as they normally put on flight schedule 1 year in advance. Maybe just concentrate only sub-contracting to Thomson, which they are doing this peak season, again.
We now have to use Tho Cook or easyJet. Thomson usually too expensive.

Fuerteventura Forum

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 09:43:17 am »

Online Johnrgby2

• Real stupidity trumps experience every time
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 09:46:27 am »
Norwegian not showing flights from Gatwick to Fue after March 2018.  Is this because the dates and times have not been released yet or has the service been withdrawn. I did a search on Google and cannot find any information.

They are apparently going to concentrate on long haul, and have come to some arrangement with Dire Air, sorry Ryan Air to link their long haul flights to connect with the others short haul.

Offline jg

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 11:14:30 am »

They are apparently going to concentrate on long haul, and have come to some arrangement with Dire Air, sorry Ryan Air to link their long haul flights to connect with the others short haul.
Judging by the aircraft registration and a few other details, I strongly suspect it was a "wet lease" operation with RyanAir.

Offline Archer

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:02:40 am »
The news is out!
Norwegian has come to an 'agreement' with easyJet to link their shorthaul service timetables and to sell their longhaul flights on the easyJet website.
Did the competition authorities sign this off? ie. 'You stop competing on these routes and we'll sell your longhaul flights'.
Come to think of it....why is there only ONE monopolies commission?? :D

Offline dagwood

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 17:54:23 pm »
According to MOL the may not be around in 12 months.