Hot Tub Cover

Started by antique1, February 07, 2018, 20:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antique1

Any suggestions as to the best place to get a jacuzzi/hot tub cover in or near Corralejo? An idea of cost would help too

beachlife

You might be better going online and getting a price from the Uk  and getting a price to have it delivered by Woodside Cargo. Then compare price with say Wizard Pools.

Try here for a quote
https://www.hottubsuk.co.uk/replacementhottubcover

MLA

Quote from: antique1 on February 07, 2018, 20:01:52 PM
Any suggestions as to the best place to get a jacuzzi/hot tub cover in or near Corralejo? An idea of cost would help too

Do you mean an insulated lid, or a cover to protect and go over the whole hot tub?

antique1

Hi
I think it's a bit of both - the cover we have now is insulated and is strapped down so it covers the top of the tub. It folds in two to make it easier to get on and off.

Solomon

Hi antique1

You can have a cover made in Lajares by David at ZIG ZAG -  the number I have is +34 610 861 531 but this is a mobile from November 2016 so it may have changed.

If you go through Lajares to the roundabout by Hiperdino, take the left on the main road (bus route) towards ElCotillo his workshop is about 200-300 metres on the left side of the road - (garage size brown wooden door facing the road). The sign on the building says 'Kite and Sail repairs' or something like that and is visible on the side of the building as you come back towards the roundabout from the El Cotillo direction. If you have any difficulty ask in the Magma surf shop by the Hiperdino roundabout in Lajares - I'm sure they will help.

Bring your dimensions, and the corner radius - I traced my radius out on a piece cardboard and left it with him.

I had two covers made about 15 months ago and i'm happy with them both.

Re price:

For my lid the price was about â,¬330 from memory including new foam,and complete new straps. He did offer to use my existing foam which would have been about â,¬70 less.

I also had an over cover made to protect my new lid. I can't remember how much this was (it was cheaper) but it was a good decision - it keeps much more heat in on the days the hot tub is not used and there is no sun damage to the lid.

A couple of thoughts you may find helpful

I asked for handles on two edges of the lid which I didn't get - not a big issue.
The centre folding seam could be a bit stronger - it hasn't been a problem but I am fairly careful with it so you may want to ask for extra reinforcing along the folding edge.

I decided to get new foam as I didn't want to leave my tub with no cover while the new lid was made - the new foam is effective but noticeably heavier so if you can find a way to cover your tub and your existing foam is in good condition you may wish to reuse it. 

David is a very nice guy, he speaks good English, but he was busy and it took a few weeks for my lid to emerge. He delivered it as well.

Finally if you decide to buy from him you might wan't to write your dimensions and other requirements (e.g. Handles & reinforced seams etc.) on a single piece of paper so that nothing gets missed.

Overall I'm quite happy and it was much less hassle than trying to import a lid and the 'over cover' was definitely a good decision.

My over cover was similar to the one on this link but a much better job. To make it wind proof I had eyelets put in the skirt (2 each side and 1 at each corner), threaded it with elastic rope, and fixed small wooden door knobs to the side of the tub to fix the elastic around. (Knobs and rope from Marcial in Correalejo)

https://www.hottubsuk.co.uk/media/product/31b/hot-tub-cover-cap-f7e.jpg

Any questions i will be happy to try and help

Good luck

yorksblue

Had mine done by Dave at Zig zag. Very good service and not expensive. Highly recommend

antique1

I've been in touch with David at Zig Zag who has been very helpful - thanks to those who suggested him

antique1

I haven't heard from Dave at Zig Zag for a week or so - is he still in circulation or just very busy?

MLA

We called in at the workshop and spoke him in person and gave him our measurments for the cover. We were told that it would take a week and he would call us when the job was completed and ready to collect. We waited, and after 2 weeks of hearing nothing, called in. The cover was finished and ready to collect. There had been no contact from them saying it was ready for collection. So maybe you need to speak in person, face to face. Then be prepared to call around to collect.

fourthwisemonkey

If you don´t mind me asking. What was rough dimensions and how much was it....considering a new one myself

antique1

Quote from: MLA on February 24, 2018, 22:24:04 PM
We called in at the workshop and spoke him in person and gave him our measurments for the cover. We were told that it would take a week and he would call us when the job was completed and ready to collect. We waited, and after 2 weeks of hearing nothing, called in. The cover was finished and ready to collect. There had been no contact from them saying it was ready for collection. So maybe you need to speak in person, face to face. Then be prepared to call around to collect.
I would love to visit in person but we're in the chilly uk at the moment!

MLA

Quote from: fourthwisemonkey on February 25, 2018, 10:10:49 AM
If you don´t mind me asking. What was rough dimensions and how much was it....considering a new one myself

PM sent