How far to the Dunes?

Started by Jester10, July 11, 2016, 15:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester10

Hello, first posting on here, we come in peace!
My wife & I are coming to Corralejo in September, staying at Barcelo. We're fairly confirmed naturists and would like to know how long it would take to walk to the dunes from the hotel.
Cheers.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Jester10 on July 11, 2016, 15:49:59 PM
Hello, first posting on here, we come in peace!
My wife & I are coming to Corralejo in September, staying at Barcelo. We're fairly confirmed naturists and would like to know how long it would take to walk to the dunes from the hotel.
Cheers.

Depends which part of the Dunes, but 30 mins should cover it.

Jester10

Good point. As this is our first visit for the best part of 30 years it'll all be new to us again. Are there any places that are better than others in the Dunes?
Looking forward to our visit.

helsbelles

The Barcello runs a daily shuttle bus to the Dunes. I think it leaves about 11'ish and returns at 16:30'ish. No problem getting a taxi back from outside the RIU Oliva Hotel rather than being tied to the shuttle. If you want to walk, turn right out of the hotel, keep walking for 20/25 minutes and you will come to the start of flag beach. The beach at this point is not that good but improves a lot after the water sports/kite flying centre. Another 30 or 40 minute walk will bring you to the RIU hotels on the dunes ( you will see them on the way in to Corralejo) and a further 10/15 minute walk will bring you to one of the better parts of the dunes used by naturists. Once you get to flag beach (Starts at Gran Natura Hotel) you can walk naked most of the way - you just need to cover up in the family areas fronting the RIU hotels.

There is a coastal path you can walk to the start of flag beach, which is 5 or 6 minutes longer,  if you prefer. Cross the road when you come out of the hotel, turn right and after a short distance you can turn left onto the coastal path. We used to cut through the apartments opposite the Barcello.

Jester10

Thanks, looks like it'll be the shuttle bus or taxi, not sure we fancy an hour + walk to the dunes  :o

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Why don't you hire a car for some or all of your stay? By the time you have paid for airport transfers and then buses or taxis you might find there is not a lot of difference but you will have the freedom to go where you like when you like.

Jester10

Other than going to the Dunes we don't really plan on doing much traveling. We're only over for a week so it hardly seems worth it. Also I drive around 50k p/a, a week off is a bonus  :P

janandpaul

hi jester, we have just returned from the island and hired for the full week online before arriving, 80 euro all in for one week,its the cheapest way and the roads are very easy, it gives you the freedom at night to go where you want, star gazing etc,meals out or leave it just to get around in the day, saves the legs with any bags you have to carry.even though we were at el caleton it was very handy in the heat to jump into the car to move further up the lagoons,and to visit all the lovely beaches.reconsider.pluscar was the company.hired three times now and no trouble at all.hope you have a great break, 50k a yr on uk roads if enough for anyone,

jg

Unless you are on free transfers included in your package a week's car hire can be as cheap as the transfers, unless you use the ordinary bus service changing in Rosario.
JG

Jester10

Thanks all, we'll not be hiring a car for the week as we don't intend to do much driving.

SheilaW

You don't have to go all the way to the dunes to get an all-over tan here. That last hotel mentioned above, the Gran Hotal Natura, is 100% naturist and their back entrance is well used by naturists who only take their keys, flip-flops and sun-cream with them. The beach from there on just gets better, as said. We've stayed at GHN and never bothered to go too far. Why cover up to get a bus or taxi or walk along the textile bit of beach by the dunes hotels? The dunes are a must-do for one visit as they are spectacular (you'll see them on the way in, of course) but other beaches here are lovely, and just as clothes-optional, too.

slotman

The small beach called "Playa las Agujas" just after you pass Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real and before Grand hotel Natura is often used by naturists.

Jester10

5 days & counting, can't wait ;)

spirefolks

Why not try the Gran Hotel Natura while you are there. They allow day visits for 10â,¬ and include a towel for the day. I spent a day there last week and it was superb. Just email the owners who are really friendly and arrange a day. You then simply turn up and ring the bell. The pool is awesome and the pool bar great for a drink and snacks.
thanks

Magoo

Ok, I will most likely get flamed for this, but I recommend that you rent a car and checkout the beaches of the South.  Do some research first as time is at a premium.  The Natura looks OK, we visited it a few years ago on a day trip, when it was textile.  However, the beach in front of it does nothing for me at all as it is not really suitable for swimming. If you go much further north than this, you will have Sun readers spewing up on their flip flops.
For naturist beaches in the North I prepare El Cotillo, sea state and tide permitting.
Whatever, enjoy your holiday and I envy you as lack of funds dictate no Fuerty break for us this year.

bedouin

Quote from: Magoo on August 31, 2016, 11:29:45 AM
Ok, I will most likely get flamed for this, but I recommend that you rent a car and checkout the beaches of the South. 

Absolutely right! The southern beaches are superb.

Jester10

Cheers, we're not planning on getting a car as we're only over for 7 days and are looking to just chill out and relax after what has been a pretty challenging fist 9 months of the year, otherwise we would go for the car option  ;D

MalT

Sure, you'll have a great time, just love laying in those pods and soaking up some sun and cooling off in the sea 😎 Correlljo offers so much.

Jester10

We had a great time in the dunes, easy bus trip from Barcello, even if it got a bit blowy a couple of days! Can't wait to come back.

SoCal

Quote from: Magoo on August 31, 2016, 11:29:45 AM
Ok, I will most likely get flamed for this, but I recommend that you rent a car and checkout the beaches of the South.  ...
For naturist beaches in the North I prepare El Cotillo, sea state and tide permitting.
Whatever, enjoy your holiday and I envy you as lack of funds dictate no Fuerty break for us this year.

Why did you expect to be flamed for such a suggestion. Personally, I prefer the beaches to the south, I simply don't care for the population density of Costa Calma or Morra Jable. Love Playa Risco el Paso.

Now If you want to be flamed, do what I do: "Corralejo is a pit!"

See, doesn't that feel better?

The dunes are fun too as is biking to Tindaya. Each to their own.

Biking and beaches - total freedom