Airport drop off

Started by MalT, May 17, 2017, 11:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalT

Dropping grandkids at airport on Saturday, want to go into airport to ensure they really go!! Just kidding, want to make sure they get right queue. So will need to park up for 15 minutes, is it an easy process to park and pay

duncolm

Very easy.
Follow the road round past the hire car entrance. Take a ticket at the barrier to enter the car park. Drive on a good bit to get near the doors before selecting a bay. On leaving pay at the pay station, take small change as it will cost less than a euro. Drive to the exit barrier and feed your paid ticket into the slot at the exit barrier to get out.

decho

Dead easy as already said and I think if you are less than 10 mins it's free😊
Wish rip-off Edinburgh airport was like that😡

spitfire58

Quote from: decho on May 17, 2017, 17:25:27 PM

Ha ha decho, no chance. I stopped in the regular car park to check in our big bags & then take the car out to the long term car park. I was no more than possibly 20 minutes, half hour tops (had to take them to oversized baggage). It cost be over £6.00, nearer £7.00 I think. Ripoff 😡😡

skillt

Yes its free for ten minutes but its about three or four euros per hour after the ten minutes.

spitfire58

Quote from: spitfire58 on May 17, 2017, 17:39:07 PM
Quote from: decho on May 17, 2017, 17:25:27 PM

Ha ha decho, no chance. I stopped in the regular car park to check in our big bags & then take the car out to the long term car park. I was no more than possibly 20 minutes, half hour tops (had to take them to oversized baggage). It cost be over £6.00, nearer £7.00 I think. Ripoff 😡😡

This was at Edinburgh

fuertewolves

david carless

yorkiecouple

To simply drop off on the road outside of departures is free for 10 mins, longer that that you are meant to us the car park through the already explained barriers, which is 1.3 cents per min so it's so cheap to use yet people still block off the drop off only zone. It's time Fuerteventura monitored the airport like Lanzarote do, park in the drop off zone and you get a 50euro fine by the police, it's give anybody a chance to use the drop off zone for free.

decho

Quote from: yorkiecouple on May 18, 2017, 18:21:38 PM
To simply drop off on the road outside of departures is free for 10 mins, longer that that you are meant to us the car park through the already explained barriers, which is 1.3 cents per min so it's so cheap to use yet people still block off the drop off only zone. It's time Fuerteventura monitored the airport like Lanzarote do, park in the drop off zone and you get a 50euro fine by the police, it's give anybody a chance to use the drop off zone for free.
Totally agree, dropped(genuinely!) a friend off at the airport today(a quiet day) and everyone single space was taken....and there was nobody in ANY of the cars. All for saving a few cents.
The only way to do a genuine drop off is to stop on the road itself and let the person out.

erik_tonny

Quote from: yorkiecouple on May 18, 2017, 18:21:38 PM
Have seen people dressed in airline uniforms park their car there and go off (to work?)
Seen workman parking a van there, unloading building materials and off they went into the terminal.

jg

Quote from: erik_tonny on May 19, 2017, 09:54:14 AM
Seen workman parking a van there, unloading building materials and off they went into the terminal.
I believe it is an internationally accepted practice for builders to park anywhere they fancy.
JG

cockney

If your using a rental car stop in the road way to drop passengers off  and then park up in the rental area for free.