Any froggies ?

Started by Parisbynight, June 16, 2017, 19:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parisbynight

Good evening all,

We are a french couple in the process of buying a property in Fuerteventura.
Although we do get along very well with the Brits
we are wondering whether there are also some frenchies on this island and this forum ?

bedouin

Welcome to the forum!  I'm not sure that French people are allowed to use the term "froggies", I thought the EU had reserved its use for British nationals only. ;D

Parisbynight

As you know, one must not always believe what the EU says ...

bedouin

SheilaW

Bien sûr il y a des francophones qui habitent ici et d'autres qui ont une résidence secondaire. Il y a un groupe sur Facebook : Amis Francophones de Fuerteventura

MalT

Sheila, is there no end to your talents? A grateful TripAdvisor patron 😎

Tamkid

Bienvenue mes petits amis de Froggie, il y a une belle boulangerie Français près du Centre médical à Corralejo, beaucoup de vos compatriotes se bloquer là-bas.

SheilaW

It's how I earn my living, Malt - French to English translator living in Spain. They say learning several languages keeps your brain active and prevents you getting dementia. For me, it just means I have three times the difficulty finding the right word.

Philippe est pâtissier émérite - ses croissants sont délicieux. D'autres Français/Françaises (ou francophones) travaillent ici en tant de : propriétaire d'une agence immobilière, d'un magasin de surf, d'un restaurant (qui vient d'ouvrir) et d'une école de surf, pharmacienne, vendeur de meubles, guide d'excursions en buggy, photographe, musicien, conseillère banque ...

For those who don't read French, French speakers working here includes the owners of an estate agency, surf shop, surf school and a recently opened restaurant, a pharmacist, furniture sales person, bank advisor, buggy excursion guide, photographer, musician... Those are just the ones I know, or know of. Of course, there are others who don't work.

spitfire58

Bienvenue PBN. Je ne peux pas dire que je parle français (même si je devrais apprendre, mon fils et ma famille vivent à Rosporden), j'utilise un traducteur. Nous passons chaque année). Nous venons d'acheter une maison l'année dernière et nous attendons de nombreux voyages agréables. J'espère que vous apprécierez votre séjour à Fuerteventura

ashworth

There are a lot of French tourist in Caleta every week. Several hundred stay at the Elba Carleta. Some then go on to purchase property as the Brits have done. So no shortage of French people around Caleta.

woe10

FORUM RULES:

POST ONLY IN ENGLISH - THE WORD FROGGIES IS NOT ALLOWED.

"When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked.

There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.  This will not be tolerated and can lead to immediate suspension. "

SheilaW

Quote from: woe10 on June 26, 2017, 13:13:13 PM
FORUM RULES:

"When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked.

There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.  This will not be tolerated and can lead to immediate suspension. "

Well, someone had better get busy deleting about 99% of posts on this entire forum then. There's very little 'proper grammar' here. Or maybe admin would like to take advantage of my professional English proofreading services  :). And if ever that rule about insults is enforced, you'll have nothing but echoes here.

It just defies belief that there can be so much vile bullying, taunting and trolling on here and yet a few of us give one foreign newcomer some information in his own language (for which he will of course NOT need Google) and the rule book comes out. I'm disgusted, frankly!

spitfire58

Quote from: SheilaW on June 30, 2017, 15:31:51 PM
FORUM RULES:

Well, someone had better get busy deleting about 99% of posts on this entire forum then. There's very little 'proper grammar' here. Or maybe admin would like to take advantage of my professional English proofreading services  :). And if ever that rule about insults is enforced, you'll have nothing but echoes here.

It just defies belief that there can be so much vile bullying, taunting and trolling on here and yet a few of us give one foreign newcomer some information in his own language (for which he will of course NOT need Google) and the rule book comes out. I'm disgusted, frankly!

I think it was just a pi**take SheilaW, take no notice. I looked in the settings & couldn't find anything in forum rules 😁😁😁

woe10

FORUM RULES:

This is a General Rule on all International Forums. French on French Forums etc ..

General posting guidelines. English
Do not use the mentions feature to harass other users or the moderators. There is a report post option if a post needs moderator attention.
Do not create duplicate threads in the same or multiple sections to attract more attention.
Do not bump threads
Use the search function before creating a new thread
Choose a suitable and clear subject line for your thread, no one-word subjects
Limit the usage of CAPS (capital letters), color, and special fonts
Do not use ASCII code symbols or Unicode symbols
Contribute in a constructive way
Do not quote entire posts, only quote parts you wish to elaborate on. The quote button is not a reply button.
Do not create pointless threads such as "Which class/race/gender/faction/server should I roll?"
Not everything belongs under "General Discussion", try to find the best suited section for your thread.
Only post in English.
Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police.
Intentional poor writing, spelling or 1337sp33k will only get your post/topic deleted.
Format your post (aka no "Wall of text"); paragraphs make reading a big post a lot easier.

spitfire58

Quote from: woe10 on July 02, 2017, 11:37:47 AM
FORUM RULES:

This is a General Rule on all International Forums. French on French Forums etc ..

General posting guidelines. English
Do not use the mentions feature to harass other users or the moderators. There is a report post option if a post needs moderator attention.
Do not create duplicate threads in the same or multiple sections to attract more attention.
Do not bump threads
Use the search function before creating a new thread
Choose a suitable and clear subject line for your thread, no one-word subjects
Limit the usage of CAPS (capital letters), color, and special fonts
Do not use ASCII code symbols or Unicode symbols
Contribute in a constructive way
Do not quote entire posts, only quote parts you wish to elaborate on. The quote button is not a reply button.
Do not create pointless threads such as "Which class/race/gender/faction/server should I roll?"
Not everything belongs under "General Discussion", try to find the best suited section for your thread.
Only post in English.
Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police.
Intentional poor writing, spelling or 1337sp33k will only get your post/topic deleted.
Format your post (aka no "Wall of text"); paragraphs make reading a big post a lot easier.

If that's the case then why aren't the posts in Spanish !! It's a Fuerteventura forum 😁😁😁

Tamkid

Leben Sie am Rande, nur tun Sie es.
Vivre sur le bord, juste le faire.
ΖοÏ...ν σÏ,,ην άκρη, μόλιÏ, κάνει.
Wonen aan de rand, gewoon doen.
住ã,"でã,,ã,‹ã€ç«¯ã«ã ã'そã,Œã,'è¡Œã,,ますã€,
ЖиÑ,ÑŒ на краю, просÑ,о сделаÑ,ÑŒ эÑ,о.

beachlife

FORUM RULES:

Oops, Sheila. You used "and" as a conjunction, therefore  it should not have started the sentence. Hope you don`t think I`m being too pedantic, but just wanted to point out the irony that even the best of us can fail to use the skills we possess.

However, totally agree with many of your observations.

Tamkid

Surpris de vous Sheila pour mordre, votre normalement très décontracté.