Plus Car

Started by Devonia57, October 08, 2012, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devonia57

Hi
Used Plus car again this year, competitive price and good service. We booked on line before we left and they met us in the car park opposite the arrival area we paid there and then and away we went then dropped the car back at the same spot at the appointed time. well pleased. They would also have met us at the apartment as per last year but then then take you to their office opposite the airport to do the paperwork. This from Coletta took about hour. we then left the car at the reception for them to pick up....all with no fuss. Will certainly seek their prices for next year.

djk99

Yes, I've used them before, and I noticed this year many more Pluscar rentals on the roads. They certainly seem to have increased their share of the market which is  good for customers, as some of the others are responding with increasing competitiveness. You need to be careful with some of the rental companies who are hiding their true costs behind a low 'initial' quote, unlike PlusCar who, so far, have resisted the temptation to make extra money out of fuel. insurance etc. 

col328

Used plus car this September €160.00 for two weeks in a Hyundai i10, great value for the money, did 450kms, would highly reccommend, having used all the other rental companies over the years

nacnud

Have used Plus Car for the past 2 years 5 or 6 times a year. Found them cheap easy to do business with never a problem and so easy to return cant recomend them enough

Deso

Quote from: nacnud on October 09, 2012, 14:30:45 PM
Have used Plus Car for the past 2 years 5 or 6 times a year. Found them cheap easy to do business with never a problem and so easy to return cant recomend them enough

What e said.   ;D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

bedouin

Just got back from my first trip to the island.  On basis of recommendations here, I used Plus Car for a 10 day hire.  Excellent, timely, hassle-free handover at the airport.  Paid €110 for a Hyundai i10 or similar, but they actually gave me a Nissan Note which was much bigger.  So nice to avoid the insurance excess scams and the "pay for a tank and bring it back empty" scams!  I'd certainly use them again.

Deso

Glad you were happy with our recommendations. We aim to please.  :D

SO????  Have you now got the 'Fuerte Bug' ?
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

bedouin

Quote from: Deso on November 29, 2012, 18:33:44 PM
SO????  Have you now got the 'Fuerte Bug' ?

As a naturist, I was delighted by the clean sandy beaches around Risco del Paso.  Without doubt the nicest naturist beach I've found anywhere in Europe.  So I'm sure I'll be back!

SheilaW

The great thing is, it isn't a naturist beach at all, it's just one of the many beaches in Fuerteventura. Except for a few beaches in towns, and the ones in Caleta apparently, they're all naturist-friendly. And we're happy to share them all with textiles if they don't cause any trouble. :)

smurf

Yep we used plus car this time no problems at all with the car or the people. :D well apart from been in pot for three wks  :-[

ridings.info

Just a couple of questions if you please?

I have just priced up a car for 80 euros for the week, however I do not own a credit card.
Do plus car require a deposit? and if so
how much? also
Can you pay cash?

Today I cancelled my car hire with hertz as they required a 670 euro deposit and it had to come from my debit card they wouldn't take cash

Many thanks in advance

Deso

According to this thread.......http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=14081.0    Pluscar take Debit Card or Cash.

Just drop them a mail to confirm, they have English speaking staff.  :D

Regards, Neil

nobbyz

Hi,
whereabouts in the car park do you meet up with Plus Car people?  Do they have a kiosk or a specific area? Or is there a bloke holding a placard?
Thanks
Nobby

Deso

When you come out of arrivals, cross the road at the pedetrian crossing part way down the Taxi rank. Go up the stairs/ramp and at the top cross into the car park. Look to your left and you will see the exit barriers. Walk towards them and look for bay 931 in the covered area near to the barriers. That is the usual meeting place.

You will be given details, including a phone No. when you receive your booking confirmation.   ;D
Regards, Neil

peanut123

Hi can you tell me if plus car accept cash as i emailed them and all they have told me is that accept credit or debit cards but i have noticed that a few people have said they paid using , would just like to know if this is true
thanks

TheCooler

I think I might give them a try in April .
I will require a child seat ... Has anyone had any issues regarding getting a child seat??
Regards
The cooler.

Deso

Quote from: TheCooler on January 26, 2013, 20:30:57 PM
I think I might give them a try in April .
I will require a child seat ... Has anyone had any issues regarding getting a child seat??
Regards
The cooler.

Just make sure you put it in the comments box when you book and you will be fine.  :D
Regards, Neil

fuerte crazy

We've used Pluscar the last 3 times and always ask for a booster seat in the comments box and its always there waiting.  The guys are waiting for you in the car park around space no. 931.  They are very efficient and friendly.  The cars have always been in good nick.  Just worth mentioning that if you choose the Peugot 206 (I think its group B) it doesn't come with air conditioning.  I always go for the Group C peugot 307 which states it has air con.  Not always necessary I know but in August, you definitely need air con.
I'm sure you'll be very pleased.
FC

gattaca66

Just to add my bit to this thread, we've just returned to the UK after a week in Fuerte and used Plus Car for the first time, having previously used Hertz....... WHAT a difference in service and experience! From booking (no deposit taken!) to collection to return, they went out of their way to be as helpful and efficient as possible, making the whole process very easy. Good condition car (unlike the other lot), fair fuel policy.... and cheaper! Like those who have commented before me, I thoroughly recommend Plus Car to any Fuerte visitors!

bedouin

Absolutely! I arrived this morning, PlusCar were waiting in the car park, swift polite service, car was better than I booked too. Excellent company who deserve our support - who knows, it might get the other mob off their crooked fuel scam!

gattaca66

Just returned yesterday from another couple of weeks in Fuerte, used Plus Car once again, and faultless service as ever! I'm sure there are other perfectly good hire companies, but having tried a few before discovering Plus Car I'd not consider using anyone else now. They are just so darned friendly and efficient, no fuel scams, so easy to use! On the downside its pouring with rain and blowing a gale back here in the UK today :(

charlatanefc

Used Pluscar again in May for two weeks, 140 Euros all in for two weeks in a Hyundai i10.  Just booked with them again for a week in Jan 14

salsabeth1

Have just come back from Fuerteventura 1st- 12th June 2013 and used Plus car because of the recommendations on here. Thank you to those who posted as we had a very easy transaction. Booked it on line for the 12 days 114 euro's (fantastic price) The rep met us in the exact spot quoted on our confirmation email and within 5 mins we were driving away. You get a full tank and take it back with a full tank, what could be easier than that! The only downside was that we booked a clio 'or similar' and we got a Dacia, never want one of those again, bag of rubble, but I'm guessing had we bothered to drive back to the airport they probably would have changed it! The Dacia has not been well thought out. The rep warned us about the boot lid and the possibility of being garroted by it in the wind!. I would recommend Plus Car! but don't get a Dacia!

Devonia57

Its me again!
Just back home again and yes used plus car again and had the Dacia which was a worry after reading the comment from someone earlier by hey ho it growled when setting off in first gear but once away it was a nice drive comfortable and very economical......We also noticed more plus cars on the road. hope they don't start raising their prices. may have to start toning down the comments on here....

duggiesdad

Autos PlusCar every time for me, September will be the 12th time I have rented a car from them, collect and deliver back to the airport car park, never any problems.
I am not connected with them in any way!

Mr Boo Boo

Think I will give PlusCar a go when we are next over in Fuerto, just to clarify (and its probably been mentioned in the threads) do they drop off and collect at the Caleta hotels !!!.

Always used Hertz (never had any problems and been with them 11 times)

Deso

Quote from: Nosmo King on July 31, 2013, 13:54:55 PM
Think I will give PlusCar a go when we are next over in Fuerto, just to clarify (and its probably been mentioned in the threads) do they drop off and collect at the Caleta hotels !!!.

Always used Hertz (never had any problems and been with them 11 times)

Only at the airport at the moment. They say they are going to open more offices, but not when.
Regards, Neil

djk99

Quote from: Devonia57 on July 29, 2013, 23:56:35 PM
Its me again!
Just back home again and yes used plus car again and had the Dacia which was a worry after reading the comment from someone earlier by hey ho it growled when setting off in first gear but once away it was a nice drive comfortable and very economical......We also noticed more plus cars on the road. hope they don't start raising their prices. may have to start toning down the comments on here....
I know what you mean !!  I would have expected the other  car hire firms in Fue to get their act together in response to Plus Car's obvious success. Hasn't happened unfortunately. You are correct in observing more Plus Car rentals....... I parked between 2 in Caleta the other day......that would have been almost impossible a year ago !! 

Can the Man

I'm giving tehm a go this Oct, normally book with Payless or Cabrina.

Got an I10 for 11 days for €101.00  :D, cant go wrong with that :D

Deso

But you may get a Dacia Can  :o

Seriously though, when you look at what you pay with Pluscar, if you knock €24 off that you would have paid for a return taxi to Caleta, it works out at around €10 a day for a Group A car for a week.
If you are going to Corralejo by Taxi then a Pluscar car is free for a week. ;D

Granted the Dacia isn't the most sophisticated of cars, but it gets you from A to B, so who cares.  :D
Regards, Neil