Author Topic: Cotillo Sunset Apartments ? ? El Cotillo  (Read 7103 times)

Offline duncolmTopic starter

• Fuerteventura Guidebook
Cotillo Sunset Apartments ? ? El Cotillo
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:43:18 am »
Just got back after a two week stay here. It’s a smallish 2 star complex at the Lagoons end of El Cotillo. It's about a 10 minute walk from the centre of the village, and has access directly onto the beach.
There are 34 apartments divided upstairs and downstairs in two blocks. Rooms 1 to 8 are to be particularly coveted and worth paying a supplement for. They’re upstairs with balconies directly above the beach, looking out on the setting sun.
What we found:
• The staff are friendly and helpful. As we were leaving on an evening flight we were told to keep the room ‘til mid-afternoon and spend the morning on the beach.
• The rooms are spacious with plenty room for beds, settee, table and chairs.
• The balcony on our upstairs room was big enough, and had a plastic table and chairs and a parasol. Lower flats get a terrace area.
• The kitchen facility has a 2 ring cooker, microwave, fridge, plenty of pots and pans, crockery and cutlery.
• The television has satellite and terrestrial digital stations. We didn’t find any English language channels. Perhaps this could have been fixed, but we didn’t care enough to enquire. • Rooms are cleaned and towels/bedding changed several times a week.
• There is no air conditioning. When sleeping with the balcony door open there’s a bit of noise from the surf.
• The pool area between the two blocks is well sheltered from the wind. There’s a small swimming pool, spa pool and childrens pool. There are plenty sunloungers and it never seems to get busy. This isn’t surprising as you can step out of the back gate straight onto a soft sandy beach with swimming lagoon…

In conclusion – we’ll be happy to stay here again, and I expect we will.

Restored review from 2012
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 20:40:03 pm by duncolm »

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
Re: Cotillo Sunset Apartments ? ? El Cotillo
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 17:13:11 pm »
Just returned from a very relaxing 4 night stay at Cotillo Sunset, our second stay at this peaceful and well maintained apartment complex right on the beach.

Omar the owner / manager and his team are very helpful we plan to return in February 2016.

See website for very accurate images and information - http://cotillosunset.com/en
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 17:18:37 pm by Windermeregolfer »

Fuerteventura Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 17:13:11 pm »

Offline MinRich

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 19:29:02 pm »
So what is the complexes view on naturists and the use of the pool and surroundings as far as naturists are concerned. I expect it isn't very naturist friendly or we would have heard it was .

Offline duncolmTopic starter

• Fuerteventura Guidebook
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 11:27:34 am »
The information sheet given out makes it clear that nudity in not acceptable in the complex.
No one seems to push the boundaries. During times I've stayed there I haven't even seen a topless lady....

The following users thanked this post: MinRich