Ryanair check-in change

Started by duncolm, October 14, 2016, 12:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncolm

Got this email this morning:

Please note that from 1st November, free online check-in will be available from 4 days to 2 hours ahead of departure. Customers who do not wish to reserve their preferred seat, can check-in online or on the mobile app free of charge between 4 days and 2 hours before departure and will be allocated a random seat. (See T&Cs below).
All Ryanair customers may buy their reserved seat online, both on the Ryanair.com website and mobile app, from the time of booking right up to 2 hours before their scheduled departure, and in turn can check-in online and on the app, from between 30 days and 2 hours before their flight.

T&Cs: Please note: Affected customers who do not wish to accept this policy change have the right to cancel and request a refund (contact options) within 5 days from notification, after which the change will be regarded as implicitly accepted. Reserved seating is subject to availability from â,¬6 / £6. Prices may vary per route.

Windermeregolfer

I have just got the same email, what is interesting it has a booking reference for the 3rd of our next 3 trips booked, so not sure why it didn't pick up the other 2 first.

I have read the change and take it that as we have already pre reserved and paid for our extra leg room seats this does not affect us we still have the 30 day check in facility.

spitfire58

They are making it really difficult for people. Unless you have the App you are even more now being pushed into pre booking seats. We have just come back from a week & the holiday firm we booked through emailed the boarding cards on their (Ryanair's) existing 7 day system, so it meant I had to pay 6 euros to get it printed while we were away. Bully tactics in my view !!

zedzedeleven

Ah, a friend of mine was complaining that she was charged to check in on line, I said it didn`t sound right, I have never had to pay to check in on line with any airline I have used. Looks like she was right, I can`t imagine what has prompted this swingeing attitude from FA, especially as their competitors are not (yet) doing it. Anyone else experienced this?
Mentor to the boneheads.