PlusCars popularity

Started by KWC, January 25, 2017, 07:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deso

What about the warning triangle?   :)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

KWC

Quote from: Deso on April 18, 2017, 10:11:35 AM
What about the warning triangle?   :)

Ahh forgot to say Payless had that in the boot lol.
I added my spare set of driving specs to the glove compartment too before you say  :P

Deso

I don't wear mine when driving, not managed to hit anything yet.....   :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Johnrgby2

Digressing slightly, someone mentioned in the bar a couple of nights ago abot carrying a spare set of bulbs, now I know France and Germany expect it, but this Island?

TamaraEnLaPlaya

From Janet Anscombe (the paperwork requirement is presumably different for a hire car but I would have thought the physical items would remain the same:

It is compulsory for drivers to carry the following in a car:  two warning triangles, one reflective vest, spare wheel plus tools to change it. As of 2015, it is no longer mandatory to carry spare light bulbs or a spare pair of glasses. In addition, drivers must have the following documentation with them (or compulsados â€" officially stamped or notarized copies): driving licence; ITV sticker and report; permiso de circulación (equivalent to the log book). It is not obligatory to carry the following documentation in the car, but it is advisable: impuesto de circulación (road tax paid to the ayuntamiento); insurance certificate and proof of payment; European Accident Form.

paully

Just picked up a car from this lot last Friday.. Pleasant man delivered it on time..Did the paperwork quickly, then I inspected the car..Oh dear the two front tyres were, shall we say borderline and didn't match the rear tyres for tread, looks like it was a pick and mix job. Car, a Peugeot 208 wasn't high mileage. But I asked the question posed above ,  does it have the jackets and the triangles..Only to be told, with a straight face, that these were not legal requirements in Spain and therefore not supplied   :o..

It was only when I got to Correlejo that I discovered it didn't have a rear windscreen wiper fitted👹.. Presumably they have the same approach to maintenance it seems...Ok some folk might be happy as long as they are cheap and drive off in anything in which case fine..I won't be using them again though..You get what you pay for   :'(
I HATE computer thingyss

rob_finch

Just back from a week on the island, had a Renault Clio from Pluscar. Car was in good condition, price was cheap and customer service was good. Didn't know I needed any warning triangles or hi viz jacket and these weren't supplied wth the car. Will definitely use them again in future.

paully

Yes both the jacket and the triangle are a requirement of Spanish Traffic law with the potential for an on the spot fine if you haven`t got them. I agree the customer service ( other than the obvious) was good and the clio`s seemed to be new. But I`m back to Cicar or Autoreisen in the future.
I HATE computer thingyss

Mark07

Picked up car on Friday. Airport car park is being worked on. Pluscar collection was from bays near the ticket machine & not the usual spot. Not sure if this is temporary.

Can the Man

Quote from: Mark07 on June 12, 2017, 09:21:13 AM
Picked up car on Friday. Airport car park is being worked on. Pluscar collection was from bays near the ticket machine & not the usual spot. Not sure if this is temporary.

I also experienced this about 2 weeks ago and the enoying thing is that they never informed me of a change to pick up point, I went to area 431 to find it was enclosed behind the barriers, I called to be told they were up at 867, trudged all the way up did the paperwork only to be told I had to go back to area 200 to collect the car, I refused and told them that as no one told me about the changes by email, they better bring the car to me, and they did, when I returned the car 8 days  later it was up to 867, and I could see loads of people trudging up the car par. BTW the car was a very brigh Orange Fiat Qubo, in excellent condition petrol engine but very economical

F1REFLY999

No mention of numbers in new confirmation email

An AUTOS PLUS CAR representative will be waiting at FUERTEVENTURA
Airport (in the public car park). Leaving the airport by the door opposite
the arrivals gate "A" or "B".  Pass the zebra crossing and by the
ramp or the stairs you can access to the public car park. Go to the exit area of the parking lot (next to the parking ticket payment area)

We will complete the paperwork (contract) and take payment from your
credit or debit card there.
La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

Can the Man

Quote from: F1REFLY999 on June 18, 2017, 09:12:04 AM
No mention of numbers in new confirmation email

ramp or the stairs you can access to the public car park. Go to the exit area of the parking lot (next to the parking ticket payment area)

We will complete the paperwork (contract) and take payment from your
credit or debit card there.

Firefly this is around 867

fuerte crazy

Hi, can anyone enlighten me.  So once you have crossed the road from the arrivals hall, walked up the steps or taken the ramp walkway and gone across the zebra crossing to the car park, do you turn right or left?  Been told its space 867 by Plus Car but not sure which way to direct our friends arriving next week.  They arrive late ish and haven't been before so won't to try and guide them in.... so to speak  :-[
thanks for any help

Deso

If you come out of arrivals near the Taxi Rank, turn left and cross at the first crossing. When you have gone up the stairs/ramp and crossed onto the car park, turn left and the Ticket Office is just past the covered exit barriers.
I would assume they will be in the bays behind the Ticket Office but I'm not prepared to stand up in court and say that.   ;D

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@28.4525285,-13.8700948,3a,75y,317h,84.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s992nmL6zvfyG-0WEXnj05g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Regards, Neil

Mr Boo Boo

Now I am confused, last word I got from Plus Car was to collect car from bay 432, not had any update re alternative collection point !!

Don't really wont to be trudging around the airport car parks trying to find my hire car, might e mail them to see if the collection point has changed !!

ramp or the stairs you can access to the public car park. We will meet right
at the parking space NUMBER 432 (Parking meeting point)

fuerte crazy

Sweet Cheeks, they are not very good at updating customers who like us have booked well in advance.  I've got bookings for Aug, Oct and Christmas and all of them tell us to go to space 432.  It's only after reading on the forum that they've changed pickup points, that we know and thankfully friends who are arriving for the first time next week will now know and will go to the right place instead of wandering around the car park scratching their heads.

Deso

I suppose the uncertainty is being caused by the works at the Airport, including it seems, the Car Park.
I would go and look behind the Arrivals end Ticket Office and then walk down to the Departures one if they are not there.
We are over on 13th July and that will be my cunning plan.  :D
Regards, Neil

el caballo hambriento

They provide you with a phone number so call them when you arrive to get the correct place in the car park in case what you printed from the website is out of date.

Can the Man

Quote from: fuerte crazy on June 21, 2017, 14:16:32 PM
Hi, can anyone enlighten me.  So once you have crossed the road from the arrivals hall, walked up the steps or taken the ramp walkway and gone across the zebra crossing to the car park, do you turn right or left?  Been told its space 867 by Plus Car but not sure which way to direct our friends arriving next week.  They arrive late ish and haven't been before so won't to try and guide them in.... so to speak  :-[
thanks for any help

FC 867 is beside the ticket office on the right hand side.

Mr Boo Boo

Got to say that I was impressed with Plus cars, car was in perfect condition (Renault Clio), very clean inside and out, also very good value compared to previous company's I have used .... will use again.

Deso

Quote from: Gramster on July 17, 2017, 12:49:53 PM
Got to say that I was impressed with Plus cars, car was in perfect condition (Renault Clio), very clean inside and out, also very good value compared to previous company's I have used .... will use again.

The Clio is on my possibles list when it comes to buying a car over there.

I would be interested in how it drove, particularly acceleration/pulling power as they seem to use the 1.2 75 HP version.

TIA   :D
Regards, Neil

Mr Boo Boo

Quote from: Deso on July 17, 2017, 13:28:28 PM
Quote from: Gramster on July 17, 2017, 12:49:53 PM

The Clio is on my possibles list when it comes to buying a car over there.

I would be interested in how it drove, particularly acceleration/pulling power as they seem to use the 1.2 75 HP version.

TIA   :D

Got to say excellent car very nippy and fantastic drive, very good fuel consumption, plenty of boot space, got two decent size cases in the boot with no problem,  I have a new Megane here in the UK, might change again in the next couple of years would certainly a Clio next time.

Deso

Thanks for that Gramster.   :D
Regards, Neil

MalT

Is it correct that with pluscars you can only pick up from the airport?

Deso

Quote from: MalT on July 17, 2017, 16:53:22 PM
Is it correct that with pluscars you can only pick up from the airport?

Either there or at the harbour in Rosario.
Regards, Neil