Caleta de Fueste

Started by Imcn11, June 02, 2017, 10:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imcn11

Hi,

I'm visiting Caleta de Fueste in a couple of weeks and I'm keen to go 'au natural' at the beach. Would this be possible here or isn't it accepted at this beach?

Thanks  :D

janandpaul

hi, i hope that you are well, I would not go eu natural in fuste , try other places, north of the island ,cotillo, corelecco,hope you have a great time.

bedouin

Don't try it in Caleta!  The Brits abroad mob with knotted hankies on their heads and socks on their feet will be on to you like a shot, with dire warnings of "not in front of my kids", etc.

Magoo

Quote from: bedouin on June 02, 2017, 14:16:38 PM
Don't try it in Caleta!  The Brits abroad mob with knotted hankies on their heads and socks on their feet will be on to you like a shot, with dire warnings of "not in front of my kids", etc.

You forgot to mention numerous copies of the Sun being ripped apart in synchronised anger.  Hie a car head South until you get to Costa Calma South of there you can strip off without issue

jg

Quote from: Magoo on June 02, 2017, 17:10:40 PM
Quote from: bedouin on June 02, 2017, 14:16:38 PM

You forgot to mention numerous copies of the Sun being ripped apart in synchronised anger.  Hie a car head South until you get to Costa Calma South of there you can strip off without issue
Or if you are feeling cheapskate (or want to have a few beers) use the bus service.
It is very reliable.
JG

falkirkdan

I remind you that it is not illegal to be naked in Spain in public unless there is a local byelaw in force forbidding being naked in public.   I doubt there is such a byelaw for Caleta beach.  Just be sensible.
Included in public means most open areas, parks, streets, your garden terrace overlooked by a road etc.

Magoo

Quote from: falkirkdan on June 08, 2017, 18:15:56 PM
I remind you that it is not illegal to be naked in Spain in public unless there is a local byelaw in force forbidding being naked in public.   I doubt there is such a byelaw for Caleta beach.  Just be sensible.
Included in public means most open areas, parks, streets, your garden terrace overlooked by a road etc.

Quite so, but to me, going for the naturist holiday is about relaxation, not taking grief from some clown in an Ingerlund shirt.  By relaxation, I mean a sun bed, parasol and safe swimming. It's difficult to be discreet when you walk down to the sea every hour or so. 

falkirkdan

Magoo totally agree but us who wish to enjoy being naked are protected by the Spanish law.  Ok in theory!
There was a guy who insisted in walking naked in Barcelona streets which caused the local council to introduce a byelaw there  forbidding being naked in the streets.
As I said be sensible.  I have stripped off on a beach were everyone else was textile and a few others then removed their costumes. 

Magoo

Quote from: falkirkdan on June 12, 2017, 12:43:56 PM
Magoo totally agree but us who wish to enjoy being naked are protected by the Spanish law.  Ok in theory!
There was a guy who insisted in walking naked in Barcelona streets which caused the local council to introduce a byelaw there  forbidding being naked in the streets.
As I said be sensible.  I have stripped off on a beach were everyone else was textile and a few others then removed their costumes.

Dan, I don't think that you are protected, its just that Spanish law does not cover the subject (No pun intended)  As you point out, it only takes one idiot to change that locally.  There have been folk on here advocating nude hiking across the mountains.  1. That's high risk to yourself and 2. If people start giving the Guardia grief about this sort of behavior, you could see a more general crackdown.
I have also noticed the ringleader mentality, one person strips off and others follow suit.

Lee@Joyce

If you hire a car or use the bus, Cotillo is great just head out of town towards the lighthouse and there are some great lagoons. Corralejo or should I say the dunes out of town.
I also agree don't push the limits we've stayed in loads of apartments and villas through out Corralejo and always been nude on the terrace or in the garden. We've never had an issue so why spoil a good thing by pushing the local authorities.

Imcn11

Hi, thank you to all who commented! Got here last night so just waking up to the glorious heat! What's the easiest way to head north?

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: Imcn11 on June 27, 2017, 07:34:00 AM
Hi, thank you to all who commented! Got here last night so just waking up to the glorious heat! What's the easiest way to head north?

A Hire Car is the easiest way to get north 45 minutes to the Dunes and probably an hour to the lagoons just outside El Cotillo

janandpaul

hi, pluscar on Call: +34 928 827055

MalT

You could catch the bus to corralejo and get off at the Rui hotels, only a short walk to the dunes.

scottishnudist

We were in Caleta in January. There seems to be a few nudist zone signs on the rough ground between Caleta and Atlantico area where the stone circles are.

There are a few secluded spots on the main beaches also.

Will be back in March to try out the Caleta beaches. Also going to the Dunnes, Cotillo etc.