Distilled Vinegar

Started by Johnrgby2, November 29, 2017, 13:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnrgby2

Hi Guys

Is it possible to buy the above on The Island, and if so where?

emmi

Seen it recently, but cannot remember exactly where.  Either Spar in Atlantico or the British shop in Caleta.

GSD Girl

I know this sounds odd but try looking in the cleaning products isle at Mercadona. A lot of people use this as a degreaser and for windows.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: emmi on November 29, 2017, 13:25:25 PM
Seen it recently, but cannot remember exactly where.  Either Spar in Atlantico or the British shop in Caleta.

Thanks, Emm, we looked in Spar this morning, so not there, which Brit shop? Castillo or the one in town?

spitfire58

Hi John,
Had a look on amazon.es you can get 5ltr for approx 20â,¬. Depends on how much you want, cheers . . Ron

emmi

The one in Town and also possibly in the  Hiperdino in the White Centre.I know I was surprised to see it as have looked before on many occasions and not found it anywhere.

zedzedeleven

Tropical lager is a good substitute
Mentor to the boneheads.

PHo

We have bought white vinegar at Mercadona regularly, if this is the same thing. Look near the bleach &c

Johnrgby2

Quote from: PHo on November 29, 2017, 15:41:35 PM
We have bought white vinegar at Mercadona regularly, if this is the same thing. Look near the bleach &c

Yes it is Pho thanks

Charlie dont surf

Quote from: zedzedeleven on November 29, 2017, 15:05:18 PM
Tropical lager is a good substitute

Tropical Lager is also good for getting the enamel off your teeth   

GSD Girl

Not making piccalilli to go on your salami sarni are you? ;) ;)

spitfire58

Quote from: GSD Girl on November 29, 2017, 22:06:20 PM

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Johnrgby2

Quote from: GSD Girl on November 29, 2017, 22:06:20 PM

No, I rarely eat bread these days, but The Catering Dept. likes to make Pickled Red Cabbage, which I enjoy, along with pickled beetroot which I HATE.

GSD Girl

Coincidence. Had some red cabbage with my lunch today for the first time in ages. It had gone soft   >:(

Johnrgby2

Quote from: GSD Girl on November 30, 2017, 13:41:33 PM
Coincidence. Had some red cabbage with my lunch today for the first time in ages. It had gone soft   >:(

As did I, it had been pickled in Wine, so is apparently always going to be soft, but the flavour was excellent.

GSD Girl

I suppose that would be more of a marination. Hence the softness and excellent taste, Hic! Mine was just old, Yuk!