Tranferwise

Started by F1REFLY999, January 27, 2015, 12:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F1REFLY999

Hi everyone just started using a new company to do transfers at superb rates....Transferwise.

TransferWise, a money transfer startup that uses peer-to-peer technology to charge significantly less than banks to send money abroad, has raised $58 million in new funding from venture capital giant Andreessen Horowitz, and at a valuation of $1 billion according to the Financial Times. Andreesen`s co-founder Ben Horrowitz will be joining the board and said in an official statement that with “no innovation from the traditional banking sector, we see massive opportunity for new financial institutions like TransferWise.”

The funding represents a new vote of confidence for the burgeoning financial-technology or ‘fintech` sector in London and a major step for Transferwise, which was launched in 2011 and co-founded by one of the first engineers at Skype. It has since picked up 250 employees and helped process £3 billion ($4.5 billion) in transactions. Revenue has grown 15-20% a month for the last two and a half years, and the company says it was on course to break even earlier this year but has been ploughing money back into the business.

If you use this link it will save you your first transfer fee  https://transferwise.com/as/66822

I am not advertising for this company in any way just thought some of my fellow forum users who do transfers could save some cash. 8)

Transferwise have reduced their rates for transferring currencies...my link above still works for 1 free transfer.  ;D
La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

decho

You mean it took you THIS long to work out how good Transferwise was?

F1REFLY999

Hi Decho I normally use Caxton but you live and learn  >:(
La luciérnaga

oystercatcher

Used them on Monday morning after the rate had stabilised post Greek election.  Great rate £1.3368 less £5 per £1000 fee. Told that transfer would take place on Wednesday.  Money in La Caixa, visible and available by Tuesday evening.

Haven't used banks for years but my FX company had a 3 day cycle plus Caixa didn't show it until day 4, although then dated day 3. 

Impressive.

F1REFLY999

Cheers oystercatcher...If you used my link it would have saved you the £5  :D
La luciérnaga

F1REFLY999

Quick...completed my transaction with TransferWise at 5:30 last night @ â,¬1.35 and was in my Solbank account this morning  :o

La luciérnaga

Archer

That is quick! Can you set a rate of exchange that you would like to acheive, like I do with Currencyfair, and then let it sit there until the rate moves or you get a match?

F1REFLY999

Hi archer you can set percentage parameters against the current rate.
La luciérnaga

F1REFLY999

La luciérnaga

silent_running

And.. http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31603163 which may be better news for those who have a property/living here.

Kyle

in the throes of completing a house purchase and got 1.359 this morning, lucky boy re timing!

Firefly - used your link also , slàinte!

TamaraEnLaPlaya

getting even better - I got 1.372 with TW compared to 1.17 a year ago.

F1REFLY999

La luciérnaga

decho

It will be nice when it overtakes the $ rate...anyone care to take a guess?

TheCooler

with this favourable rate , does anyone know of any british bank that would lend/ further advance to pay off a foriegn mortgage?

bksk2004

Used Transferwise for the first time this week. Did deal on Tuesday money in bank  in Fuerte this morning.  Great rate and very straight forward.

BK

fuerte crazy

We always use Transferwise these days.  Very easy to use and the money goes into our Solbank account usually the same day if not the next working day.  Great rates everytime so far.
FC
;D

fuerte crazy

Just got 1.41 on Transferwise ðŸ˜,,

F1REFLY999

La luciérnaga

fuerte crazy

Money hit our sol bank account this morning less than 24 hours after I did the transaction on Transferwise.  Absolutely brilliant service. Final exchange rate of 1.4160
Highly recommend  Transferwise to anyone needing to transfer money .

duggiesdad

Set up transfer at 8am yesterday @ 1.386 , in my Sabadell account @ 11.30 am same day !

F1REFLY999

Got â,¬1.40 today....bought last night....in my bank this morning  :D

If you use this link it will save you your first transfer fee  https://transferwise.com/as/66822
La luciérnaga

F1REFLY999

Market has been down this week....but just managed to get â,¬1.38 with TransferWise. :D need all the beer tokens I can get for arriving tomorrow  8)
La luciérnaga

F1REFLY999

Just got â,¬1.43 from Transferwise today  :D
La luciérnaga

F1REFLY999

â,¬1.43 again today  :D
La luciérnaga

F1REFLY999

Good to see a slight improvement in the euro....just got â,¬1.39 from tranferwise  :D
La luciérnaga

F1REFLY999

Quote from: F1REFLY999 on April 22, 2015, 17:18:56 PM
Got â,¬1.40 today....bought last night....in my bank this morning  :D

Back upto â,¬1.41 today  :D
La luciérnaga

Deso

Well reminded, I need to send some money over.  :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

F1REFLY999

Glad to be of assistance  8)
La luciérnaga

Canary dweller

Not as good as Currencyfair though