New search engine

Started by potash, March 02, 2015, 19:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potash

A new flight  search engine 

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/

silent_running

Has been around for a while and is mostly a front end to 'big brother' ITA Matrix (owned by Google since 2010) which is definitely the tool of choice for anything more than straightforward returns. Though you can't book on ITA Matrix, you can get the fare composition, booking classes and fare rules which you can then look for elsewhere...

Elite of the forum

But doesn't seem to include all airlines only scheduled ones,ive booked flights to Fort Launderdale from Gatwick  and back from Orlando to Manchester and non of these options come up

so in my eyes its garbage my rtns for 2 including meals,baggage extra legroom£775 with google £1096 thats without extras and neither flight is direct

waste of time
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

djk99

I had a look. The log-on screen determines your location and suggests various destinations which might be of interest. It determined my nearest airport was Cardiff and one of the featured destinations was Jersey. Their suggested route was - Cardiff (CWL) â€" Amsterdam (AMS) - Amsterdam (AMS) â€" London (LHR) - Layover in London LHR to LGW Change of airport - London (LGW) â€" Jersey (JER) . The return journey followed a similar route. Anyone unfamiliar with the route may be unaware that Jersey is 40 mins flying time, direct from Bristol - half an hour away. So, while it may have it's uses for big hubs served by scheduled airlines -  it has severe limitations elsewhere.