Easyjet Summer Flights 2016

Started by fossil, September 10, 2015, 02:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fossil

Summer flights for 2016 are bookable now :)

silent_running

Seems like less flights than 2015 in Apr/May/Jun and the timings are, if you want to maximise holiday time, not good being during the day rather than early morning/late evening - so you blow a whole day travelling - no more long weekends if that continues in 2016 :-(

paully

Don`t think all flights are loaded as nothing is bookable from Liverpool after 21st May...But I agree re flight times and prices don`t look that brilliant to say oil prices have deeply declined
I HATE computer thingyss

Archer

Only 3 flights a week now from LGW. But great times for us coming back......no more 'stupid o'oclock' arrival back at Gatwick!
Out on Norwegian back on Squeezy.  ;D

silent_running

I also see BA must have sold blocks of seats... pricing return out of FUE seems a consistent £363 one way(!) from late April next year, even on Weds. Not so for ACE or LPA.

Looks more and more like getting out next year is going to be more difficult/expensive or involve a round trip via somewhere on one leg...

Archer

I'm going to start using LHR in peak times. It's more convenient for us. Quite a few flights via MAD BA/Iberia. Anyone tried these? Are the connections easy, as I believe there's a terminal change?

silent_running

Not Madrid.  Have used Vueling into BCN and then BA back to Gatters - all one terminal in BCN. Two tickets though as it is often cheaper, so beware of delays on the first leg (Vueling aren't part of Oneworld, so no automatic protection), though if very late you may get EU261 to ease things.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: archer101 on September 10, 2015, 10:28:40 AM
I'm going to start using LHR in peak times. It's more convenient for us. Quite a few flights via MAD BA/Iberia. Anyone tried these? Are the connections easy, as I believe there's a terminal change?

We used them loads of times before we moved here, so 4+ year's ago. Always on time, no terminal change at that time except once when there was a problem with a runway. It was an auto electric train connecting the 2 parts of Madrid airport so really easy. Madrid airport really nice, and easy to navigate. The planes had decent legroom and no annoying sales of scratch cards or trolleys up and down all the time. Most passengers on the LHR leg appeared to be business travellers, rarely any children. A couple of times we flew in to Gran Canaria and then on to Fue as we could get better prices/times from Madrid.

niksternoo

The prices are ridiculously high. We can fly from six airports and the cheapest is £400 before baggage and seat allocation! Will wait and hope for cheaper (but doubt it) early morn flights being put up which we prefer and see how expensive they are. But at this rate it will no doubt be pricing people out of another visit to fue :(

silent_running

..and getting higher by the day.
Having bought in Cotillo a year ago and now been over 7 times so far, we haven't yet seen a price decrease post release on EZY or BA. We've hoped for some late price decreases but have seen BA, with only 3 or 4 seats left, sell them at silly (high) prices in the last few days before the flight. I guess the same for all airlines, though more difficult to see their loadings.

So, partly given the situation in other countries, folks are willing to pay to come to Fuerteventura and getting in early (as much as 355 days ahead) is probably the best strategy at the moment, certainly for direct flights. If time is not an issue you can find some crazy routings which can be cheap. As an example, the cheapest flight we could find back after the August bank holiday was via Basel (less than £80 ea) ..but it would have taken over 18 hours!