Peng Travel...

Started by bedouin, December 13, 2012, 18:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedouin

Anyone know whether Peng Travel has gone bust?

MinRich

Wouldn't be surprised , they were always very expensive !
Why is it that Naturist holidays are more expensive ? They should be the same as ordinary Holidays , Yes ?
The places they advertised look nice but we have never booked anything due to the prices .

For Example Monte Marina cheapest is £69 a day = £483 a week Self Catering
EL Caleton £300 a week most apartments Self Catering

SheilaW

There's nothing official - Companies House don't have them flagged as in trouble, but you're right, they do seem to have disappeared. I never booked with them as I always prefer to cut out the middle man wherever possible, but I've seen a lot of them over the years and they seemed OK. I remember feeling sorry for them many years back when there was a horrendous coach accident on the way to/from the south of France and many holidaymakers were killed. Difficult for a company to survive that sort of disaster, but they did.

jg

My understanding is that their parent company has decided to close down all its UK operations and Peng is one of them.
Nothing to do with Peng itself, just that the UK travel market as a whole is not profitable enough.
JG

falkirkdan

From the British Naturist forum and magazine.    Travelzest the parent company closed most of its uk companies which included Peng Travel Ltd.    However Peng France continue to operate offering holidays to Cap d'Agde.   www.pengfrance.com   

bedouin

Quote from: falkirkdan on December 14, 2012, 00:57:37 AM
From the British Naturist forum and magazine.    Travelzest the parent company closed most of its uk companies which included Peng Travel Ltd.    However Peng France continue to operate offering holidays to Cap d'Agde.   www.pengfrance.com

Hmmm, Travelzest paid a couple of million quid to buy Peng about 6 years ago, I doubt if they've got their money back.

Voldermort

Peng Travel France is actually still owned by the original founder Peter Engelert...That wasnt included in the deal when he sold the company to Travelzest

Magoo

The Peng website is now forwarding to this address

http://www.chalfontholidays.co.uk/

helsbelles

We asked Chalfont for a price via their website a few weeks back and never even had the courtesy of a reply.

Teejays

Probably because the owner, Bill Haynes, passed away just before Christmas .I have never booked through them but have always found them eficient and courteous if I needed advice.

helsbelles

Quote from: Teejays on January 29, 2013, 08:49:00 AM
Probably because the owner, Bill Haynes, passed away just before Christmas .I have never booked through them but have always found them eficient and courteous if I needed advice.

Unless it was a one man band and the company had no staff, we doubt it. Whatever the reason we will not be contacting them again and they have lost a potential customer.

Thong Man 007

I contacted PENG TRAVEL in November and they sent me 2012 brochure.
I asked about 2013 brochure and was told it would be available in December.
Since then I have not heard a thing and have never received the 2013 brochure.
So I don't know if they are still going.
As they was so expensive I wouldn't be surprised if the have closed down.

falkirkdan

Have you not read the rest of the topic????

Thong Man 007

Quote from: falkirkdan on February 17, 2013, 23:12:40 PM
Have you not read the rest of the topic????
WHO YOU HAVING AGO AT ?