mortgage "floor" clause

Started by calculator, December 22, 2016, 15:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scorpio1966

Hi all,
can anyone recommend a lawyer to deal with the mortgage clause reclaim please.
we have been to solbank in person .
wrote the letter ,got the stamp,got the understanding smile and nods but got no response.
thanks scorpio

Séan J.

BUFETE GONZALEZ SEGURA
C/ Secundino Alonso, 75 oficina 6
35600 PUERTO DEL ROSARIO
FUERTEVENTURA
Teléfono: (+34) 928 858712
Fax: (+34) 928 530287
E-mail:abogados@bufetegonzalezsegura.com
www.bufetegonzalezsegura.com

scorpio1966

Hi SJ
did you use this lawyer in connection with a floor clause claim ?
regards scorpio

Séan J.

Hi scorpio
yes we are using them.

scorpio1966

Thanks SJ
we are back next week and may get in touch with them after i have been back to solbank.
thanks scorpio

F1REFLY999

Sent an email to Sabadell customer services last week requesting an update on my claim.

Received an email this morning stating that claim process had changed and I had to return to the local office. 

I then sent an email to Martina...who sent this reply:

"I have checked your claim and it is correctly in process. We are waiting to get the offer details from the department. As soon I have any news I will let you know"

???
La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

spitfire58

In other words. They are doing anything & everything to delay any payouts, either in the hopes the law change may be contested or you will get bored & stop trying to get money they are obviously entitled to back from them (sarcasm) 😏😏

conair

Heard today from a local lawyer in corralejo that claims are being dealt with now at branch level and solbank are settling.Watch this space masssive queue in corralejo branch this morning.

scorpio1966

That all sounds promising.
we will be going into solbank next week
to try and gee things up.
if no response then a lawyer is the next step.

scorpio1966

Hi
went to see solbank this week regarding our claim.
was told we should hear something in the next month.
24 hours later we got a phone call saying could we go in
as the offer had been sorted.
went in to the branch and they kindly offered to fix my mortgage at a rate
above the floor clause rate for the duration of the mortgage.
or just remove the floor clause and thats it ( this is to help customers out as the mortgage clause is not ilegal we were told )
they were very keen to get us to sign up for the splendid offers.
so helpfull
regards craig

Villan

Thought they had moved on from that lame tactic.

scorpio1966

i have now refused there offer and now have a voicemail asking me to contact them as there is another option available.
this is getting silly.
anyone else heard anything from there banks ?

Captain Sensible

My lawyer is still in a battle with Solbank.  A gestor has worked out how much I am owed, and it is being presented to the bank. I don't think I'll have money in my pocket very soon.

recursor

Quote from: Captain Sensible on May 18, 2017, 10:54:41 AM
I don't think I'll have money in my pocket very soon.

That wins the 'realistic post of the year award'  :)

Deso

I wonder if Spanish mortgage holders are having the same problems?

I'd be interested to know.   ::)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

conair

Now been given official claim paperwork from the branch.However they are still stressing 3 months before an official response.

scorpio1966

hi con
did you get any offers to remove the clause before the official claim form ?

conair

a few months back the usual long term fixed rates above  the correct rate and sighning away any rights to reclaim.It would be interesting to know how this situation is playing out with our bank in mainland Spain and the other canary islands.

blackandwhites

We are with Solbank.Is there a way to sign a claim form without physically going into the branch,as we do not get out to Fuerteventura as often as we would like to.

Villan

I was advised by the branch they would only accept claims delivered in person.

Villan

Probably an arbitary requirement to make claiming as challenging as possible in the hope that people will not bother.

jill tie

Quote from: blackandwhites on May 23, 2017, 16:28:56 PM
We are with Solbank.Is there a way to sign a claim form without physically going into the branch,as we do not get out to Fuerteventura as often as we would like to.

I'm with Banca March and they now have an on-line form you can fill in.   Its in Spanish and doesn't translate.
Not sure if other banks have something similar.  I only found after I spoke with the branch and I was directed to it
maybe Solbank (Sabadell) have something?