Plus Car

Started by Devonia57, October 08, 2012, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Dean

Always used Payless, but after seeing Plus Car threads I thought I would get a price. They where cheaper than Payless. Feeling happy with the way Payless had looked after us for a number of years, the old slippers feeling, you know what I mean, I emailed Payless regarding their price. I had an email back offering the same price as Plus Car, so happy to keep with them. I am so glad I took the time to email Payless.

Can the Man

Quote from: Keith Dean on August 01, 2013, 18:08:20 PM
Always used Payless, but after seeing Plus Car threads I thought I would get a price. They where cheaper than Payless. Feeling happy with the way Payless had looked after us for a number of years, the old slippers feeling, you know what I mean, I emailed Payless regarding their price. I had an email back offering the same price as Plus Car, so happy to keep with them. I am so glad I took the time to email Payless.

Not a bad idea Keith, I might do thr same as I do feel loyal to them, but then again I want to try out plus car, see what the quality of their cars are like. :)

Keith Dean

After Easy jet let us down by not flying to Fuerteventura this June, I asked a question on the forum about fly/ferry into Corralejo from "Lanzagrottie."
I also at the same time, emailed Payless, to ask if I could pick up a car from the harbour in Corralejo. Their reply, not normally but if we had got a flight and ferry time, I had to let them know and they can arrange for a car to be there. Decided not to bother in the end, but as you say we do feel loyal to them, but also have to look after the pounds/euros.

Did try to put quote from Can the Man, but could not get it to work, next time hey!!!

Devonia57

hmmmmm I was beginning to like the Dacia :)
As said who cares it got us to where we wanted to go and in comfort

nacnud

Used Plus Car for the last 3 years and have raved about them to all asunder until I went to book today their prices have gone through the roof 149.00 for the week is a little steep, from what I have paid with them from 79 to about 109 depending on the time of year anyone else noticed this? 8)

Deso

Quote from: nacnud on August 08, 2013, 20:39:21 PM
Used Plus Car for the last 3 years and have raved about them to all asunder until I went to book today their prices have gone through the roof 149.00 for the week is a little steep, from what I have paid with them from 79 to about 109 depending on the time of year anyone else noticed this? 8)

This is because it is A. August, and B. Last minute. If you look at September, for example, the prices are back to normal.  :D

I think you will find it the same for all the companies, I just checked Payless and they want €171 for a week in a Group A car.  :o

Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Can the Man

Quote from: nacnud on August 08, 2013, 20:39:21 PM

If your a regular user, I would email them querying the price, point out your loyalty etc... silly nonsense them about everything good, how you have recomended them to others etc.... and ask if they can do something on teh price for you.

jaynek65

Having used PlusCar for the 1st time back in May, we have just re booked with them for September, and yes the prices have gone up a tad, from 114 euros in May to 123 euros for Sept, but its not really all that bad, their service is fantastic, 1 min walk out of departures and your at the car, 10 mins sorting out paperwork and payment and your on your way, fellow traveller are at this point still trying to find their coach !!

No hidden "extras" and a smooth/quick hand over at the end of the rental.

5* from us  ;D

olly36

have used plus car hire last two visits had a 7 seater in june 2012  for a week 159 euros the a free upgrade to a merc a180 i think it was nice car in sept 2012 had it for 11 nights it was cheaper than transfers lol, booked a vw transporter  for our visit in sept, 9 seater lots of room for 7 people and luggage and 2 sets of golf clubs i hope lol

potash

come on posters where is the link

Can the Man

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

potash

:( not one link now to google it will edit when I find link

Deso

Quote from: potash on October 01, 2013, 20:25:04 PM
:( not one link now to google it will edit when I find link

Hev's link works John or just google pluscar fuerteventura.  :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

lionfish

I'm now with Pluscar for the first time having used mainly Payless, with an occasional Cicar rental.
I always check prices all round before booking, but until now I have preferred to stay with the Cabrera Media threesome. In summer the Payless prices were sky high, but I got a good offer on an Astra from Cicar - same price as a group A with Payless.
When booking my current 4 week hire I decided to give Pluscar a chance as they were well cheaper. Instead of going for a basic group A car I choose a Polo - to be sure of aircon and preferably remote locking etc. - the price was just a bit less than a gotup A car with Payless, so I still saved money and got a better, more powerful car.
The whole process so far has been painless - they were there to meet us at the prescribed parking slot and they had 4 cars there altogether (recognisable because the all had the boot open!) - paid with prepaid Caxton card and the whole process, even being a new customer with them, took only about 5 minutes - very slick.
I'm happy with the car, although it does have a few more bumps and dints that the normal Payless cars I have had recently. The 1.4 engine is a definite bonus and it's also very economical.
Need to book for 5 weeks for Christmas and New Year, but will hold off at least until I get home before booking that.

KWC

Just booked my car for the Spring Holiday starting 5th April Price 98€

Then thought seeing that was quite a good price, I'll book the August one now as well. Price for similar car and same group 458€

Wow what a difference 3-4 months make.  Think I will leave till after the new year to see if they have brought the prices down to a sensible level ::)

lionfish

I suppose the more people who use them, the prices will go up as you can't really expect them to be buying in extra cars until they are sure of a consistent trade - supply and demand.
I think everyone (else) should use Goldcar !!!!!!

Can the Man

I have used auto plus for the first time based on the recommendations from this thread.

I am very happy I did, I was really pleased with the service, I had booked a Hyundai i10 for 9 days at €101.25, was upgraded to an i20 free of charge.

We were met in the car park, not at the prescribed place, we called the guy and he told us where he was, 5 mins later we were driving away.

One comment, I normally use the Payless/CICars/Cabrera group, and the cars they use are of a more newer standard than auto plus, but in saying that the auto plus car was fine no trouble at all.

Will definitely use them again. ;) :) :)

bksk2004

I also used Plus Car for the first time last week. Apart from the change of space in the car park, all was absolutely fine. I have also booked with them for the New Year break. No better/worse than Cicar/Payless/Top Car but quite a bit cheaper.

jonesesjourneys

All

Would any of you good folk have a contact email for Plus Car that works?
The 'contact us' link on their website doesn't appear to be working and I would like to ask them a few questions.

JJ

Can the Man

Quote from: jonesesjourneys on November 04, 2013, 12:13:17 PM
All

Would any of you good folk have a contact email for Plus Car that works?
The 'contact us' link on their website doesn't appear to be working and I would like to ask them a few questions.

JJ

I replied to the email address that sent me the confirmation booking.

I did not get an answer, and when I told the guy who met me in the airport car pak, he explained that the email is an office in Lanzorote.

I can give you a phone no. if you want, this will be the mobile of the guy who meets you at the airport car park.

PM me if you want it. I dont think it is right to just post it on the thread.

keith edwards

Great Company, use them every time.

We're over on the 15th November and just noted that they have changed spaces in the car park.

Where are they now please ?

Thanks

Keith

Can the Man

Deso

Quote from: Can the Man on November 04, 2013, 16:24:23 PM

Is that to the left or right of 931, as you come up the steps to the car park?
Regards, Neil

lionfish

Left - I think the 900's are the highest of the public parking rows - probably been moved away from the other hire company's spaces.

Can the Man

Quote from: lionfish on November 04, 2013, 22:21:54 PM
Left - I think the 900's are the highest of the public parking rows - probably been moved away from the other hire company's spaces.

Correcto

jonesesjourneys

Can the Man

Thanks for that, perhaps you might know the answers to my questions anyway.
What I wanted to know was: we are considering hiring a car from Plus Car for the second week (11th to 18th December) of our forthcoming holiday.
We are staying in Corralejo and would ask if Plus Car have Offices there where we could collect the car or would we have to collect it from the Harbour in Puerto del Rosario or from the Airport?
Also, could we leave the car at the Airport at 11.00 on the morning of the 18th December prior to our flight home?

JJ   

Deso

Thanks Jeff   :D ;)
Quote from: Can the Man on November 04, 2013, 22:38:54 PM

Correcto

Perfecto  ;D
Regards, Neil

Can the Man

Quote from: jonesesjourneys on November 05, 2013, 08:10:28 AM
Can the Man

Thanks for that, perhaps you might know the answers to my questions anyway.
What I wanted to know was: we are considering hiring a car from Plus Car for the second week (11th to 18th December) of our forthcoming holiday.
We are staying in Corralejo and would ask if Plus Car have Offices there where we could collect the car or would we have to collect it from the Harbour in Puerto del Rosario or from the Airport?
Also, could we leave the car at the Airport at 11.00 on the morning of the 18th December prior to our flight home?

JJ

Hi JJ, I am sorry, but I don't know the answers to your questions, because last week was the first time I hired from Autoplus.

I suggest that you try make a booking with them online and then in the box for special requirements put your questions.

I will PM you the telephone number of the guy I contacted when I arrived and he might be able to help you.

:)

Deso

Have you tried  info@autopluscar.com  that is the mail address that your confirmations come through from and I have had replies to questions on that one.
Regards, Neil