Plus Car

Started by Keith Dean, November 26, 2015, 12:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Dean

Have you used Plus Car recently? If so, what was your experience like and where do you pick up and pay for the car ?

cldwll14

Used them in both June & September. Collect & pay for car in Airport car park, then leave in car park on return. Cars basic with a couple of scratches, but they ran well with no problems. I'm using them again next month.

F1REFLY999

Always use Plus car with no extra costs or hassle....fully recommended   ;D
La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

JasperC

Used them last week. Had used Payless for the past 8 years but when looking at costs it really is a no brainer. They were efficient albeit we were the only ones at the time getting a car. Not sure how it works when there are a few people waiting as there is no obvious queing system. The car was ok although the radio didnt work (no aerial) and on the last day the brake pads started grinding.

jonesesjourneys

Firefly/JasperC

Did Plus Car require the new DVLA 'licence information share' code?

JJ

F1REFLY999

Hi JJ ...They didn't ask for the DVLA  code  8)
La luciérnaga

jonesesjourneys

Firefly
Many thanks for that. Somehow I didn't think they would. :-P
JJ

JasperC

Nope, didn't ask me either.

jonesesjourneys

Many thanks JasperC

JJ

jonesesjourneys

Picked up my car at the Airport yesterday: got a nice Renault Clio with 23k on it for â,¬89.75 for the week. Paid cash no credit card needed.
Plus Car Rep said they were very busy and apparently had no bookings available until January 10th.
Oh and I didn't need the DVLA Code
JJ

F1REFLY999

I knew you would enjoy the trouble/hassle free experience  ;)
La luciérnaga

gattaca66

Yes, in my experience too, Pluscar are just so easy to use, hassle-free car hire.....and that's no doubt why they are so busy!

Magoo

Just booked Plus Car again for February.  They didn't have our usual Yaris choice  available, so went up a notch. Not that much difference in the price.

Got to admit that their returns procedure freaks me out a bit, but no complaints

Logitechtom

Used Plus Car on many occasions over the last three years and always had brilliant service at very good prices.  Once I had an engine problem and they sent a guy over and replaced the car without any quibbles (and I gained a little 'free' petrol!!).

First time use was a little worrying (e.g. meet in Car Park at space 351 etc..) and just walking away from an unlocked car when returning is also worrying, but never experienced any issues.

Twice I had some minor damage (1. broken wing mirror, and 2. minor scratch on rear end), which I pointed out on returning cars, but they weren't bothered in the slightest (and I had several days panicking about how much they would charge me!!!).

Overall..... Good Service, Good prices, Good support.

Tom. 

spirefolks

We are currently in Fuerte and used Pluscar on arrival. Landed 1605 drove away at 1625. Spot on service..Car fine always use them.
thanks

Keith Dean

Thanks for all your help. Looking for next month and asked if I can pay with CASH. Their reply, NO only with card. I notice someone said paid with cash, who is right?

jonesesjourneys

Keith

I used Pluscar in December 2015.
I had the cash in my hand ready and the lady organising the cars said "cash, as I haven't got any change?"
I replied "yes please" and that was that.
Didn't take a credit card for reference or anything.

If memory serves me it was the same with them in December 2014 and also with Payless in May 2015.

They didn't need the DVLA Code either.

Hope this helps.

JJ

Magoo

One thing with Plus Car.  When returning the car, don't try to enter the car park via the dedicated rental car gate. The automatic barrier works on number plate recognition and will not open for Plus Car vehicles. Enter the car park via the public entrance, obtain a ticket and leave it with the keys

paully

Used this firm for the first time last Wednesday evening and how I envied you guys who turn up have the car waiting and zoom off..we arrived late evening the airport was deserted, no one at the car hire desks but marched up to bay 531 expecting to be met...err no..that part of the park was empty and certainly no car there...I then had to make an expensive call via theUK to their mobile which rang and rang..By this time I'm hurting from the kicks I'm giving myself for not using CiCar..eventually a bored employee deigned to answer was non committal and rang off...no option but to wait  in the advancing gloom..

A very pleasant lady did turn up with the booked Smart car and the paperwork was done quickly but getting the exit ticket paid was a faff as she walked off to get it, returned 5 mins later in a Fiat she had conjured up from nowhere said sorry for the delay and drove off again...5 mins later she came back and we were good to go...Sure the price was right the car excellent so maybe will use again, but they seem a  touch disorganised...might use again but only if the price is right
I HATE computer thingyss

fuerte crazy

Paully, don't let this one bad experience put you off from using Plus Car in the future as it's not their normal way of working.  Sure we may have had to wait 5 or 10 mins for them to turn up to do the paperwork but to be honest the queue at the Cicar/Payless etc desks are always long so we don't wait half as long for Plus Car as we would if we'd booked CC/PL etc. 
The cars aren't always brand spankers but who cares so long as they drive ok and get you out and about during your stay.
Plus Car every time for us !!
:D

paully

Thanks for that, no I'll try them again, I'm hooked on the Smart car... honestly it's brilliant and great fun to drive around in..very comfy and hardly uses any fuel..as long as they answer their phone quicker I'll factor in the cost of ringing them and look forward to the box of tricks..
I HATE computer thingyss

tigga1958

Hi to everyone my 1st post

I am using plus car for the 1st time, very good pick up the airport, paid with card and this is the email they sent

Thanks for your e-mail.

We confirm your booking for peugeot 208 or similar at following
dates: 14/06 to 02/08. The total price is:  587.02 Euros
(included: insurance, taxes and unlimited mileage)

An AUTOS PLUS CAR representative will be waiting at FUERTEVENTURA
Airport (in the public car park). Leaving the airport by the door opposite
the arrivals gate "A" or "B".  Pass the zebra crossing and by the
ramp or the stairs you can access to the public car park. We will meet right
at the parking space NUMBER 531 (Parking meeting point) .

We will complete the paperwork (contract) and take payment from your
credit or debit card there.

very easy and a good price for 49day car hire

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hi Tigga
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for an informative first post - hopefully the first of many....
Hope you are enjoying your holiday on our wonderful island.

tigga1958

Hello, thanks for the welcome, we have just purchased a flat in Corralejo  and we are looking forward to living here and this is a great forum to find out lots of info, thanks to you all.

KWC

Thumbs up for pluscar.

Waiting for us coming up the ramp, nice clean car and off we went after about ten minutes signing the forms and paying the fee.

But I would make sure, unlike me! that they have the required emergency equipment in the car BEFORE you drive it away.

Things like Floro Jacket or waist coat, warning triangles, also take with you a spare set of glasses if you need them to drive.
I asked if the road side equipment were in the car and he said yes - they weren't!

see this extract: EQUIPMENT
It is required that drivers carry two warning triangles, a complete set of spare bulbs, fuses and spare wheel as well as the appropriate tools to replace them. As for fuel, whilst it is against the law to carry spare fuel, drivers would be made responsible, and fined accordingly, should their cars be immobilised on the road for shortage of petrol. All drivers are required to wear a reflecting jacket of high visibility when getting off their vehicle in intercity roads.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: KWC on September 13, 2016, 15:08:20 PM
Thumbs up for pluscar.

Waiting for us coming up the ramp, nice clean car and off we went after about ten minutes signing the forms and paying the fee.

But I would make sure, unlike me! that they have the required emergency equipment in the car BEFORE you drive it away.

Things like Floro Jacket or waist coat, warning triangles, also take with you a spare set of glasses if you need them to drive.
I asked if the road side equipment were in the car and he said yes - they weren't!

see this extract: EQUIPMENT
It is required that drivers carry two warning triangles, a complete set of spare bulbs, fuses and spare wheel as well as the appropriate tools to replace them. As for fuel, whilst it is against the law to carry spare fuel, drivers would be made responsible, and fined accordingly, should their cars be immobilised on the road for shortage of petrol. All drivers are required to wear a reflecting jacket of high visibility when getting off their vehicle in intercity roads.

Whilst I realise that those plus one or two others depending on which country you are in, apply in mainland Europe I amn ot sure they all apply on this Island?