Buy a property in Corralejo

Started by camala78, January 04, 2014, 07:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

camala78

Hello to everyone
We are a French couple in love Fuerteventura, its climate and its tranquility of life
We would like to acquire a property in Corralejo and we selected several sectors
-Tamaragua or capeliana
bristol-sector
-sector mercadona Street guirre near residencial parque natural and urd plane Geafond
Can you tell us more about these different areas of Corralejo, their advantages and disadvantages, as well as the quality of construction?
thank you very much
We are new to this forum
Camala 78

sorepaws

Camala,

welcome to the forum, I think the only way you will find out is to go look and research each area. I am sure if you ask the owners in each part of Corralejo what they like they will give you different answers.
Key points to think about "do you want to be in the centre of the town?" "do you want a place that has more space?" "what kind of living area do you want?" "do you want a pool or spa" "do you want a garden?"

Once you can answer these then you can create some sort of property check list.

Bottom line though Corralejo is a great place to live either in the middle of the town or on the outskirts

camala78

Thank you for your reply
It is true that we have seen pretty little houses on Tamaragua, some with pools but it is true that this equipment requires additional maintenance and maintenance costs. Besides, you know how to maintain monthly returns in your abscence of months of the year, a house (garden, swimming pool cleaning and maintenance watering ....), I know that there are companies specialized in this field
Finally, I was told that some houses had met Tamaragua sealing problems at the roof (infiltration ...) of the flat roof of the houses, and are you aware this is a problem that much has been encountered on these building? a person 'm told that she had to call a company to reseal the roof and it had cost 5000 euros.

Ivemovedon

I think you may find flat roofs seem to be a problem on the island as a whole not just tamaragua. We've tried just about everything and keep having the odd leak appearing. 5000 euros seems very expensive. What was used?. The latest we heard was a house built near us had a rubber sheeting made by firestone of tyre fame and the guy fitting it at the time said it was 100% weatherproof. (but then he would). That was a couple of years ago and not sure if it was a success or not.

bedouin

Quote from: stedge on February 02, 2014, 11:07:41 AM
The latest we heard was a house built near us had a rubber sheeting made by firestone of tyre fame and the guy fitting it at the time said it was 100% weatherproof. (but then he would). That was a couple of years ago and not sure if it was a success or not.

We have a large flat-roofed extension which I had renovated about 20 years ago with Firestone EPDM rubber.  Superb!  No leaks, no apparent deterioration (although we don't get a lot of sunshine in England).

Ivemovedon

The fitter told us at the time it had been used in other countries with good results. I wish i had got a quote then as it would have saved a lot of hassle keep recoating the roofs with various sealant products which never last more than 18 months. Its a fact the hot sun is to blame for most deterioration as it forms cracks in almost all the coatings used.

bedouin

You can buy the same stuff from pond and water-garden places, it's used as pond lining material.  Easy to fit yourself.

Ivemovedon