How's things

Started by Bray1, April 30, 2012, 20:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bray1

How are things in Fuerte. I'm heading there next week but I understand that the weather isn't great at the moment. Are there many folk at the lagoon in El Cotillo and is there enough sun to put some colour in my cheeks.

caletillas

Yes Bray, weather wasn't that brilliant last half of April but we had 6 or 7 hours of sun in Cotillo every day bar one. Lagoons were pretty quiet until the locals began arriving for the May Day weekend on Friday. All should be peaceful again by the time you arrive. Have a great time!

SoCal

quote:
Originally posted by caletillas
Yes Bray, weather wasn't that brilliant last half of April but we had 6 or 7 hours of sun in Cotillo every day bar one.

Been watching the weather from afar. Temperatures (16-20 C) appear to be a tad cool or is the station in Puerto del Rosario reporting low?  At the moment, it is reporting rain early Tuesday morning. Finally, for those in the south, has the cloud cover been equally mixed?
Biking and beaches - total freedom

caletillas

Hi SoCal

Yep, those temps are taken up in la Oliva I think (?) About 3 or 4c lower than on the coast. Most days in Cotillo around 18 or 19 at 9 am with early cloud, burning back mid to late morning and temps rising to 23 to 26 by mid afternoon although we did manage a 30c one day.

SoCal

quote:
Yep, those temps are taken up in la Oliva I think (?) About 3 or 4c lower than on the coast. Most days in Cotillo around 18 or 19 at 9 am with early cloud, burning back mid to late morning and temps rising to 23 to 26 by mid afternoon although we did manage a 30c one day.

Thanks Caletillas, those numbers simply increase my desire to get on the plane now. Glad to have data from the NW side of the island.

FYI: The numbers I'm citing are from the wunderground location in Puerto del Rosario. (http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.1.60035 )

Bray1

Thanks for that folks. Can't wait to get my kit off

caletillas

quote:
Originally posted by SoCal

quote:

Thanks Caletillas, those numbers simply increase my desire to get on the plane now. Glad to have data from the NW side of the island.

FYI: The numbers I'm citing are from the wunderground location in Puerto del Rosario. (http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.1.60035 )

I wondered if you might be looking at

http://www.eltiempo.es/la-oliva.html

Flat, sandy, Cotillo on the leeward side of the mountains does have a bit of a micro-climate. I know there were spots of rain just 5 kms away in Lajares a couple of days when we didn't see any - just the black clouds along the line of the hills. There again, given a SW wind, watch out.

We drove into Puerto one day early last week and I noted the temp. difference - 22c as we left Cotillo at 11, 18c in la Matilla onthe top and 20c in Puerto.

caletillas

quote:
Originally posted by Bray1

Enjoy it [8D]

SoCal

quote:
Originally posted by Bray1

Yes - time to enjoy life. [8D]

The hardship comes in returning to the insanity of "civilization" and being forced to keep the kit on.

(8 days, 10 hours, 28 minutes - but who is counting...[;)]

SoCal

Update at El Cotillo lagos - topless is in. While there are nude women, there seems to be a greater percentage of topless women than I have seen in the past. Hence there is a smaller precentage of fulling clothed and nude women. Male nudity appears to be up. Things all change on Sunday, of course.

caletillas

Ah yes SoCal, las abuelas arrive

Hear the weather is good.

SoCal

quote:

Ah yes SoCal, las abuelas arrive

Hear the weather is good.

Yes, but today was completely overcast. That said, all the folks at 5 PM on the main northern beach were nude. There was a beautiful family of father, mother and daughter running around naked on the beach. It was so heart warming that, one couldnĀ“t stop and smile. (Brought back memories of my own kid.. who is now 17.)

caletillas

Least it wasn't 6c and raining like it was here!

And pleased that you didn't encounter Bridlife with her 'Perverts Out' placard.

Have fun!

Bray1

Just back (damn it)!!!. I totally agree with SoCal - our paths must have crossed as we were at the beach every day, doing our best to keep the ratio of nude to textile as good as possible.
I thought that the numbers in general were very low with no problem in getting some space to lie down and get some rays.
Just have to look forward to the next visit, in the Autumn I hope.