Best place for newbies in Esquinzo?

Started by ppp123, September 22, 2014, 14:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ppp123

Hi,

We wondered where the best spot might be on Esquinzo to sunbathe nude for the first time? We would feel more comfortable with lots of other like minded folk rather than somewhere isolated. Is there usually a busy patch in the same place each day?

I've read if we head up the coast north, but those posts are a bit old - is that still good advice? It seems the further north you go the more remote it gets which maybe isn't right for us.

Thank you for any advice.

Also, if we travel south to Morro Jable or north to Jandia, what's the best location for us on those beaches these days please?

Thank you all.

bedouin

If you want to feel comfortable being nude, it would certainly help to be on a beach where the majority of people are naturists. The best one for you by far is the Sotavento beach, between El Salmo and Risco el Paso. It is sandy and has a gorgeous soft sandy waterline. It's predominantly naturist. Downside is that there are no sunbeds for rent, but a couple of cheap airbeds and a cheap parasol will sort you out. It's quiet, friendly, safe, mainly couples, and frankly unmissable.

El Salmo is also mainly naturist, but the beach is very rocky at the moment.

Mal Nombre has some naturists usually, and has sunbeds, but it's also impossibly rocky at the moment.

Esquinzo is mainly textile, and isn't the prettiest beach. I was there yesterday, for a brief look, and most people were dressed.

bedouin

Sotavento Beach Club is in Costa Calma - nowhere near the naturist beach!

To get to the nicest beaches, you need to go down rather bumpy unsurfaced roads, and I doubt that a taxi would happily take you. Car hire is so cheap (PlusCar) that it's worth renting, it'll give you so much more freedom and flexibility.

When are you planning to visit? I can send you more info when I get home.

Spike On Q

Head for the hotel Melia Gorriones off the main road south east of Costa Calma. - turn left along the beach passed the windsurfing centre. You can get a number 1 or 5 bus from Jandia or CC

norbertm

Playa Esmeralda maybe? Tiger79 have you been there lately?

bedouin

Quote from: norbertm on September 25, 2014, 10:55:08 AM
Playa Esmeralda maybe? Tiger79 have you been there lately?

Surely that's the one Spike suggested, next to the Melia Gorriones? We drove down to the Gorriones the other day, and can't really see the attraction of the beach there. The Sotavento beach however is stunning and predominantly naturist.

TripleH

Have been following this thread as we fancy a drive down south from Corrie next week. Found Risco el Paso on google map but not El Salmo. How do I get to this beach? Apologies if anyone thinks I am hijacking this thread

bedouin

You don't want to go to El Salmo, it's a mass of rocks at the moment. On the other hand, the next beach - Sotavento - is brilliant. Head south on FV2 to km77, go off there, signposted Mal Nombre. Scoot round the roundabout and over FV2, the take the third exit of the next roundabout, signposted El Salmo. Follow the road, it wiggles, then you go past a petrol station. Keep going, and you'll then go under FV2 and the road bends to the left. Slow down, and look for a camera sign indicating a scenic viewpoint. Pull off at the viewpoint, and continue in the same direction (northwards) on an unmade bumpy dusty track downhill. The track bends to the right, then crosses a paved footpath, then continues downhill to a little car park. Park, walk towards the sea, then turn right, walk along the beach, find a place to set up camp, get naked, enjoy!

TripleH

Thanks Tiger. I am trying to follow your route on google maps, is it the FV602 that sort of doubles back along the FV2? Then there is an island on the 602 next to km74? Where from there? I know I will see a a camera sign but I want to make sure before I start the journey. Cheers

bedouin

I think it's the 602. You'll see the petrol station from the motorway about a kilometre before you get to the Mal Nombre turnoff. Follow my directions and you can't go wrong.

TripleH

Brilliant, will let you know how we get on. Is the gravel road a good gravel road or a bad gravel road? Get a bit twitchy with hire car!

bedouin

The road is bumpy, but negotiable.  Most of the cars in the car park at the beach will be small (Polo/Clio) hire cars.

Magoo

Just got back from Esquinzo, the beach is in great condition at the moment & naturists are in good numbers.

The "Shelf" had gone from our spot under the Robinson, however, the Atlantic was starting to cut in again on our last two days.

If you are staying in Esquinzo, just walk down the footpath behind the Marina Playa Restaurant & you can strip off anywhere down there