Nude Bar

Started by Thong Man 007, July 13, 2013, 08:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thong Man 007

Anybody know of a bar in CORRALEJO that I can sit and have a drink either nude or with just a g string on.
Beach bars are ok for g strings but is there anywhere else.
Does BUBBLES BAR have a dress code.
I will be out in November and would love to find a Bar were I don't have to cover up to get a drink!  !

arnieculane1

We aint seen anyone nude or in g strings at any of the beach bars on our last four visits

SheilaW

I personally would be all for being naturist in every situation where there isn't a good reason to cover up (e.g. safety, weather protection...). But strip off in any Corralejo bar and you're going to harm the entire fight for clothes-optional freedom on the beaches. You need to find yourself a naturist resort, not a town.

conniebee

Beach nudity is tolerated in Fuerteventura- although that's certainly less true than it used to be.  But that's the limit- so don't push it please.
Sounds as if you should give up on Fuerte and go to Cap d'Agde  or, like Sheila W says,  to some well-established naturist village where you can stay nude in shops, bars, restaurants etc. if that's what you like.
conniebee

arnieculane1

Try the hidden beach resort at Mexico , we went there for two weeks and never dressed for anything  24 hours a day nude .Expensive but worth every bit .

Arnie n Dawn

bedouin

Quote from: arnieculane1 on July 13, 2013, 22:49:14 PM

Try the hidden beach resort at Mexico , we went there for two weeks and never dressed for anything  24 hours a day nude .Expensive but worth every bit .

Agree! Or Caliente Caribe in the Dominican Republic, which is a bit cheaper and again is 24/7 naked. Or, nearer to home, Cap d'Agde or Vera Playa are also very free and easy - we're in VP at the moment, nude all the time, with temperatures in the 30s.

Magoo

Indoor bars are usually air conditioned, that's not the best environment for a skin lounge suit. Also, I can't see the attraction of nude dining, as the thought of spilled soup, or dropped steak knife causes me some concern.

All we need is a nice beach with warm sea & a sheltered pool area for windy days. If the pool area sells drinks, that's great. If not, I will make my own arrangements.

Being nude while swimming or relaxing on the beach / poolside, makes sense to me. Deliberately pi$$ing people off, naked rambler style does not

SoCal

Quote from: Thong Man 007 on July 13, 2013, 08:22:59 AM
Anybody know of a bar in CORRALEJO that I can sit and have a drink either nude or with just a g string on.

I can't help you with Corralejo, but here are some options.  The beach bars on the dunes south of the big hotels would serve you in a g-string. I have visited them with only a sarong on and have enjoyed plenty of beer and shrimp baked in garlic butter. (Mmmm) They are a bit grumpy, but tend to be for all customers, except for the long time patrons.

While it was on the north side of El Cotillo, the famed Torino's was supportive of near nudity at least. One of the other frequent contributors here has been served in only a g-string. For me, I showed up nude, but slipped on the light sarong before actually entering the open beach bar. They loved the fact I tried everything on the menu, would suggest types of fish etc and didn't care about my lack of traditional attire. (A large beer tab and a healthy California tip probably didn't hurt either.)  I have not had a chance to visit since they moved to the south side of El Cotillo.

Finally, I have seen nude folks, usually women, enter the indoor beach bar at Risco del Paso.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

sunpics

8) Not seen any nude bars in Corry, on the beach near the two large Rui hotels are two beach bars but  I have always covered up to enter. You do get a few funny looks when slipping your micro trunks on as you approach the bars some people not sure if they think it is daft covering up as they have seen it all or just think we should always have some garment on to cover our bits. But not wishing to offend I always put on my trunks before entering the bar.
It make sense to maybe have bars on the beach that allow full naked access as more people are naked than have any garments on, but I can not see the point on any other town location nude allowed bar. It would not bother me being the only naked person in the bar on the beach but you do get some funny looks on the beach never mind in a bar in town.

The wife loves to get dressed up in the evenings for dinner and drinks she gets all her jewels on and now with a great tan she looks so beautiful all dressed up. It is much easier for women to look and feel cool when going out all dressed up in short dress or skirt and skimpy tops, however we men have to suffer with short or trousers with dress code for hotel restaurant in the evening meals times and sports shirt.

I  whish I was Scottish and could get away with light kilt and no nickers and a white light dress shirt, that would be cool having the breeze blowing up your kilt to keep you cool. Must start practicing my Scottish accent, Ha Ha   :o Cheers Sunpics.

bedouin

I don't see why beach bars on a naturist beach shouldn't expect naked customers. We're in Vera Playa at the moment, and are naked all day, including walking to the beach, having lunch in the beach bar, buying drinks and ice creams, etc. Maybe the mainland is more relaxed.

Thong Man 007

I have used the bars next to the riu hotels, but all I do is rap a towel round me as I get to the bar, then sit at a seat facing the sun away from the bar and just let the towel hang.
When barman comes just cover up again.
But when I'm done and head back to the beach I take towel off and leave the bar, lot easier than taking budgie smugglers off or a g string.
I use to turn up at the bars in just a g string and nothing was ever said.

falkirkdan

Quote from: tiger79 on July 17, 2013, 17:59:15 PM
I don't see why beach bars on a naturist beach shouldn't expect naked customers. We're in Vera Playa at the moment, and are naked all day, including walking to the beach, having lunch in the beach bar, buying drinks and ice creams, etc. Maybe the mainland is more relaxed.
Agree about Vera Playa.   Was great fun when I was there watching the local service bus come in.   It drives right in to the heart of Vera Playa.  The locals do not even bat an eyelid at the naked folk but the tourist end up with eyes out on sticks.
Used to go to Formentera Es Calo lovely mainly naturist beach.   Quite narrow beach and had a beach bar shack.   Guy running it was an .  Folk all about it naked but he would not serve you a drink or ice cream if you were naked.  So lots like me gave him the F you sign and he lost business what an opening at the lower end of the alimentary canal through which solid waste is eliminated from the body hole.  Love the sites wording ha ha

conniebee

Quote from: tiger79 on July 17, 2013, 17:59:15 PM
I don't see why beach bars on a naturist beach shouldn't expect naked customers.
Fair enough in Vera Playa or any other established naturist resort. But the beaches in Fuerteventura aren't naturist , they're just beaches where naturisim is tolerated - although increasingly not where the mass tourism industry has struck.
conniebee

Voldermort

For those in Benalmadena, on the mainland, there is a naturist beach called `Benalnatura`just out of town.Its run by the local naturist club with warning signs on the steps down that its `arryallov` or you wont be allowed to stay  :D
  There is a bar/restaurant very well run but you have to be `nuddie` to get served..

Beach itself isnt brilliant but as a social gathering, cant be bettered

bedouin

The Friends of Benalnatura have a very effective technique for ridding the beach of anyone who isn't naked. First, they ask them very politely to remove their clothes. If that doesn't work, a couple of minutes later a small group of the Friends will surround the offender and start slow hand-clapping. This is a sign for others to join in, and in seconds there may be 50 or 60 people standing round the offender, all slow-clapping. The offender either complies or leaves - the technique always works!

notdeadfred

"
QuoteUsed to go to Formentera Es Calo lovely mainly naturist beach."

FalkirkDan, I know this beach and bar, but have to say when we've been there in recent years there weren't many naturists on the beach so I guess the bar owner was influenced by this. The other beach on Formentera that struck us as odd is the one at Des Canyers, just along from Es Pujols. This beach is always about 80/90% nude, and the guy who rents the sunbeds also has a base that he sells cold drinks from. Can't call it a bar - it's just a coolbox with a few chairs and loungers at the back of the beach (See picture)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/quinnalot/9318014228/#

But the nudists will always cover up to go get one of his drinks, despite the fact that he comes amongst them every day to collect his rent money! If he doesn't get naked to do this why should we have to cover up to get a drink?!  We take our own.

Sorry about drifting to another island - it was Dan's fault - he started it!

notdeadfred

QuoteFair enough in Vera Playa or any other established naturist resort. But the beaches in Fuerteventura aren't naturist , they're just beaches where naturisim is tolerated

Spot on Conniebee. Anyone who tries to push nudity in places where it's not welcome will only end up spoiling some of the freedoms we currently have.

falkirkdan

Sorry I did not start it was Tiger talking about Vera Playa!!!!! ;D ;D
Sorry to hear about Es Calo we will just have to go back and take over again.
Been  on the Benalmadena beach and the one thing they do is not tolerate cigarette ends.   They have ash trays for the smokers to use.  It is unusual to go on busy beach and see no cigarette ends.  Brilliant.

Yes it is folk like Thong Man so number one he is not naturist wearing a thong who give us naturists or nudist as I prefer to be called a bad name by forcing his exhibishonist ideas on other.   His lots of other posts about complex pools where he goes wearing his horrid thong.   Just not good for us.

SoCal

Quote from: falkirkdan on July 20, 2013, 01:04:35 AM
Yes it is folk like Thong Man so number one he is not naturist wearing a thong who give us naturists or nudist as I prefer to be called a bad name by forcing his exhibishonist ideas on other.   His lots of other posts about complex pools where he goes wearing his horrid thong.   Just not good for us.

While one may not agree with Thong Man's objectives, the question he poses is one several nudists have considered. So seeking a nudist based bar is a objective I have, hence the reply. 

With regards to your comments, I must agree with one of my female friends who said, "I would rather seek a full frontal nudity of a man than one covered by a thong."

I have been to Cap d'Agde and Formentera. I prefer Formentera because of it's larger geographical freedom for nudist, so I am sorry to hear Formentera is becoming more textile. However, in the end, the choice I make is: Fuerteventura - may it stay devoutly nudist! And to offend all, (because life is so very short), I will continue to be militant nudist at Fuerteventura. (Sorry Dan if that offends you, but at someone point people are willing to draw a line in the .... sand.)
Biking and beaches - total freedom

jg

Most of the beach bars will serve you wearing only a thong in my experience.
I must endorse the sentiments expressed above about needing to dress for an open air beach bar on a naturist beach. It always seems ridiculous to do so when there are naked people to be seen within feet of the tables.

I always feel frustrated by the need to take any clothing to the beach when I can walk from naked from my apartment to the sea without problems.
JG

SheilaW

It certainly would be great to have naturist bars on the beaches. I suppose the problem (not that it's a major problem) here is that none of them are officially naturist.

I lived in Holland for a while and it was great there, apart from the terribly iffy weather. They'd set up beach bars every summer, one for each section of beach, and it'd be one naturist, one textile... all along the coast. No question of taking anything with you to the naturist ones apart from cash, and a towel if you wanted to sit down. You could have an evening meal there, too. Wonderfully practical people, the Dutch. Nobody ever turned a hair when faced with naturism, even if they didn't bare all themselves. Made a smashing change from the clubs I used in the UK, hiding behind high walls as though we were perverts or something. One even banned the use of surnames, because their members were supposedly paranoid about being found out! ???

mickboy

Why is it such a big issue? There are bars on the beaches in Gran Canaria where you can have beer, lunch, snacks and if your naked no one bothers.

Most people out of courtesy sit on towels so I cant understand why Fuerteventura cant have similar  :D

jg

Quote from: mickboy on July 31, 2013, 21:43:04 PM
Why is it such a big issue? There are bars on the beaches in Gran Canaria where you can have beer, lunch, snacks and if your naked no one bothers.

Most people out of courtesy sit on towels so I cant understand why Fuerteventura cant have similar  :D
It probably only needs somebody to have the courage to start.
(Not sure I am brave enough, though.)
JG

sunpics

8) I love being naked all the time, but not sure if I would eat in a bar naked. Mmaybe I would have a drink or two but  having my wobbly bits out when eating in a bar unless all around we also naked would cause problems I think. Let us know if anyone has experience of doing this in Corry. Cheers All Sunpics

jg

I have no experience of eating naked at any Fuerteventura café or restaurant, but I have quite often eaten naked in restaurants at French naturist resorts.
I have never had any adverse reaction, even when everybody else is clothed (as often happens at those resorts).
JG

pestcatore

What kind of person wants to sit in a bar stark naked, a bloody  pervert  or exhibitionist  thats what! Or complete nutter!  Keep your silly obsessions to deserted beaches will you please!

Voldermort

Quote from: pestcatore on August 12, 2013, 18:11:20 PM
What kind of person wants to sit in a bar stark naked, a bloody  pervert  or exhibitionist  thats what! Or complete nutter!  Keep your silly obsessions to deserted beaches will you please!

Dont knock it till you`ve tried it Pescy.........you never know you might enjoy it eh  :P

SheilaW

What sort of textile pervert would want to browse the naturism forum? Keep your silly obsessions to the textile pages, please! >:(

luvfuert

well said SheilaW, I recently joined this forum for some open minded, like thinking discussions on a completely natural subject. I didn't expect it's pages to be intruded upon by a small minded bigot! Live and let live should be our mantra.

Thong Man 007

Sorry but I think you need to get a life.
What is the point of having a Nude holiday if you have to get dressed to go and have a drink in a cafe or bar.
Ok you can just put Budgie Smugglers on but would be better if you didn't have to get dressed at all.