Top Car Auto Reisen Airport

Started by Fred, September 23, 2013, 16:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Does anyone know if Top Car are still operating from the airport? I have used them lots of times but I am getting no replies from my e-mails which is unusual. I have a car booked for October but do not seem to be able to book one for January.

MinRich

I booked for March a couple of days ago , also received confirmation . So i would think they are still operating from the airport , why would they stop ? I also have a car booked for October.

Fred

Thanks MinRich, that is reassuring. I hope that they will reply soon.

The White Shirt

They are still in the usual place in the airport and as efficient as ever. Took 5 mins to go through paperwork and get keys to car.
Use them every time.
From landing to disembarking, collecting cases and then the car took less than 40 mins before we were on the road.

PremierBluebird

Used to use Autoreisen 2 or 3 times a year up until 2010. My flight was delayed should have landed at 8pm but didnt arrive until 11pm. I knew the airport office closed at 11pm so rang them from Manchester airport and was assured that they would stay open until our flight landed.

Upon landing I shot off to the car hire desk leaving wife and kids to collect the luggage. Lights were off and after enquiring at the Cicar window I was told that the Autorheisen lady had just left, so much for their assurances. Cicar/payless etc stay open until the last flight/customer is dealt with not so Autoreisen. Now I had 3 tired kids and had to get up to Corraleco and find our villa late at night. Luckily the Thomas Cook rep offered us a ride on the bus up to Corraleco  and dropped us as close as possible to the villa.

The next morning I rang the hire desk at the airport and was basically told tough S*it, we close at 11pm, don't know who you spoke to but we don't stay on. Paid 50 euros for a taxi to airport had my say and they lost a good customer.

Only now use Cicar/Payless even if Autoreisen are a few quid cheaper.

isleswing

The Cicar person really missed a trick there.

If I was confronted by a rival's let-down customer, I'd have found them a car, set up a new contract and got them on their way.

Everyone feels better.

What a way to get new business.       Customer - and ambassador - for life.

You hadn't paid a deposit, so you wouldn't have been out of pocket.

I would make them wait till I'd finished my regular customers first, though.

Of course, the Spanish are so pedantic they probably wouldn't think that way.

Every single thing they do has to be done exactly by the book. Exasperating !

SheilaW

Quote from: isleswing on September 27, 2013, 11:53:22 AM
Unless 'going by the book' is what you want them to do. Sometimes they seem to be on a different page.

PremierBluebird

Quote from: isleswing on September 27, 2013, 11:53:22 AM
The Cicar person really missed a trick there.

If I was confronted by a rival's let-down customer, I'd have found them a car, set up a new contract and got them on their way.

Everyone feels better.

What a way to get new business.       Customer - and ambassador - for life.

You hadn't paid a deposit, so you wouldn't have been out of pocket.

I would make them wait till I'd finished my regular customers first, though.

Of course, the Spanish are so pedantic they probably wouldn't think that way.

You are absolutely right, in hindsight what I should have done is tell autoreisen to stick it. Lesson learned not only for me but also anyone with a latish flight with the possibility of delay reading this forum.

isleswing

in hindsight what I should have done is tell autoreisen to stick it.
You were right, at the time. It's just a shame the Cicar person wasn't more helpful.

One of the little pleasures in life is helping someone out of the mire. And oin his case, getting more business.

Full marks to the Thomas Cook rep, though. She obviously put herself out to help you, and you've been saying nice things about her ever since.

Karma[/size][/color]

Fred

Auto Reisen have still not answered our e-mails concerning our January trip. I will have it out with them when I collect my car in October. This is not a very professional way of dealing with customers.

MinRich

Emails are not always delivered to where you may have sent them due to many reasons .

If you need to book car hire for january why don't you use their online booking service ? It has worked every time for us .

Fred

I did use the online booking service and got a reservation request number. What I can't get them to do is send me a confirmation of the booking. I have never had this problem before.

MinRich

Do it again , i am sure they did send it but sometimes the confirmation goes into a spam folder , depending on what system you use to send/receive email  :)

Fred

Have checked regularly.
Going out in 2weeks so I will speak to them when I collect my car!

Trumpy

Fred,

Have you checked in your spam box of your email?