Any advice on back hair removal ???

Started by sunpics, January 21, 2014, 15:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunpics

8) Looking a for advice on which is the best way of removing silver back hair.
Is it better to have it waxed if so is it painful ?
Or get it shaved, sorting out your chest area is easy to do with the razor but not had any hair removed from my back yet. Any advice would be appreciated.
8) Cheers Sunpics

SoCal

For maximum smoothness, you want to pull out as much of each strain of hair - which means the root .  Waxing or using an epilator (a manual plucker) is the most effective, but it can be painful. I found waxing induces a sharp pain but which eventually dulls during the process. You will probably find the hairs on your lower back the most sensitive.  A waxing job costs about as much as a good epilator, however you get to keep the epilator.  An epilator takes more time. For both waxing and using an epilator the effect lasts for 3-6 weeks.

Shaving is less painful, and requires less time. But again, you have to get someone to do it for your. Maybe you can set up a tent on the beach and get people to help out in shaving your back.  :)  (If you are a Tom Sawyer type, you can even get people to pay to shave your back.  :D :D) Unfortunately, the effect lasts for less than a week.  8)  Hope that helps.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

suendrob

If I had a hairy back, which I don't, I'd use the hairclippers on shortest setting, or graders without the comb, like I do on my fat hairy belly. It leaves a nice soft feel. I do the same on my legs, to avoid those horrible little rivers in the hair showing up when you get out of the water.
The problem with shaving is that you have to keep it up all the time. Even with fine body hair you'll get sharp stubble in a couple of days.  Waxing is fine for the holiday, but it's expensive and you can get ingrown hairs in spots.

MinRich

I am very hairy (Rich not min!) and i use hair clippers , well Min does on my back . Its an art to get the hair length right , not too prickly for me is around 6-9mm but does depend on how the hair lays too . I could never get rid of it as its all over , apart from palms and soles ! So just make it managable , if you haven't got much hair then i would get it got rid off with laser treatment which is expensive and better for dark haired people . Cutting or trimming it starts a process where you then have to continue to do it regularly as cutting it makes it grow quicker , well it has with me and i have to do it every time i have my hair cut , every 6-8 weeks .

sunpics

8) Thanks Guys for the advice, I have a very  thick grey  hairy  on my back, I look like a silver back gorilla .
Last year my wife did use a hair trimmer on my back it was smooth enough at first but became very prickly after 4 or 5 days. I may try the wax treatment if it lasts longer and not to painful.
What is an espilator and how do you use it?  :o
I do chest and bits every day but that easy, been doing that for years.
8) Cheers Sunpics

SoCal

Epilator. Mechanical hair plucker.  First time is painful, subsequent times are better. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epilator

Of course the is laser hair removal treatment. Very effective, but costly.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

Riverman

Why bother? Comments on other threads imply that when on a naturist beach nobody takes any notice of how others look, so who cares if I have hairy arms and legs? Other comments say that nude sunbathing is as nature intended. Total removal of body hair is not as nature intended! Besides that my pain threshold is too low.

sunpics

8) Well Riverman it is a personal grooming thing , I am not happy at looking like the wild man from the Amazon. My thoughts on personal grooming is look clean shaven all over except for a little Brazilian.
I can not think of any thing much more gross looking than some one over weight covered in long grey or black hair all over their body. 90 % of all naturists that I have come across in Fuerteventura  have the same view. Most of us naturist have standards.  I am not saying any one that is over weight or old and wrinkly is  gross to look at, but ladies with loads of body hair and hair under arms looks so bad.
Old men with unsightly long grey body hair looks awful.  You do see just a few people that could not be bothered to remove unsightly hair from their bodies but I have no wish to look like that.
Clean all over for me and regular grooming is the order of the day.
  :-* Cheers Sunpics

Deso

Quote from: suendrob on January 21, 2014, 20:34:20 PM
If I had a hairy back, which I don't, I'd use the hairclippers on shortest setting, or graders without the comb, like I do on my fat hairy belly. It leaves a nice soft feel. I do the same on my legs, to avoid those horrible little rivers in the hair showing up when you get out of the water.
The problem with shaving is that you have to keep it up all the time. Even with fine body hair you'll get sharp stubble in a couple of days.  Waxing is fine for the holiday, but it's expensive and you can get ingrown hairs in spots.

I hope this was Rob, not Sue, posting.  ;D  ;D  ;D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

isleswing

As far as naturism is concerned, I don't think body hair actually matters. In fact, I quite like to see the occasional fully-furred woman, as it shows that she's comfortable with her body.
This, of course, is the one of the founding principles of the Naturist Movement - of getting back to nature, getting in touch with one's body.
In fact, I believe there may still be one or two Naturist Clubs that frown upon, or even ban, depilation, tattoos and piercings.

Don't be a fashion follower, make your own choice about your body, and it's presentation. And don't judge others on the free beach.

suendrob

Quote from: Deso on January 23, 2014, 22:15:00 PM
Quote from: suendrob on January 21, 2014, 20:34:20 PM

I hope this was Rob, not Sue, posting.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Definitely Rob because Sue's been smooth since the mid70s. It did remind me of a bit in Gavin & Stacey, where Nessa's in the bath and asks Stacey to do her back for her.

isleswing

Of course, in the swinging scene, in which we're involved, top to toe grooming is paramount. If you want to pull, then hair, make-up (for the girls), attention to body hair, hands and nails, appropriate dress are vital. Nobody wants to meet someone who just rolled out of the house in an old t-shirt and scruffy jeans.

The true 'naturist' won't be led by fashion. They'll have made their own choices on body hair etc. Maybe they're smooth for cleanliness, maybe they like the look, maybe they like the full natural bush. They'll just arrive at the beach, get settled and strip off, unconcerned by other people and their opinions.

And then there's - shall I call them nudists? There for the sun and air, to see and be seen. Probably for them the look is important, and why not.

Textiles as well. Actually, there's more posing potential for them. And more sress, worrying about who around them looks best. To my mind, it's much easier to relax naked.

That's why the best word for the place is 'Free Beach'. Free for everyone to enjoy.

And just to get back on topic, embrace the body you were given. So what if hair is poking past your shirt collar, or you have the full back rug? Although I do have to confess a dislike of hairy backs, taking it all off doesn't really change you. You're still obviously a hairy person - the arms, chest, head hair will just look wrong against smooth bits.

sunpics

:o :o Had it done now, pleased that I did it now, it looks amazing smooth all over for me every time.
Just ask the ladies what they prefer smooth silky skin or a black and grey bush????8) 8)  Just look at the Chipendales they are all smooth no body  hair in sight just oiled smooth skin.
8) 8) Cheers Sunpics

isleswing

Quote from: sunpics on January 31, 2014, 13:41:06 PM
Just ask the ladies what they prefer smooth silky skin or a black and grey bush????8) 8)  Just look at the Chipendales they are all smooth no body  hair in sight just oiled smooth skin.
8) 8) Cheers Sunpics

I agree. Of course, the Chippendales, and the many other troupes have a very artificial style. Their full-time job is to look completely different to the rest of us. 20s/30s, gym, depilating, sunbeds, hair styling, constantly pumping, to create the fantasy. It really doesn't work on middle-aged FBs.

Do whatever suits yourself, and enjoy going back to do it all over again in 4 weeks  :o

Magoo

Hair / no hair. It really is not an issue as far as I am concerned. However, self harming with lumps of metal really makes me cringe. How the hell anyone could mutilate themselves with a Prince Albert, is beyond me

RVEEE

I don't mind shaving my wife's hairy back and chest. The back-stubble helps her stick to the sheets, the scratchy chest is good for an itch.