Bank Charges ?

Started by Windermeregolfer, July 27, 2016, 09:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windermeregolfer

Can anyone confirm whether a couple of debits that have appeared on our bank statement are bank charges or other charges / local taxes?

They read - Comissions/Fees Peticion Certif. No Residencia   &   Non Residence Authorisat.Charge

Thanks in anticipation

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on July 27, 2016, 09:05:40 AM
Can anyone confirm whether a couple of debits that have appeared on our bank statement are bank charges or other charges / local taxes?

They read - Comissions/Fees Peticion Certif. No Residencia   &   Non Residence Authorisat.Charge

Thanks in anticipation

John
Are they circa â,¬25 if so they are quarterly fees as you are non resident, I have just been in the Bank and had mine refunded no problem.

Windermeregolfer

Thanks for reply John, appreciated.

To get them refunded do you need residency? Will owing a property with our NIE's & NIF's do? We weren't going down the residency route yet as we are not likely to spend more than 100 to 130 days a year at our villa for the foreseeable future. ONE DAY  :D

Cheers

John (me too many John's round here  ;) )

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on July 27, 2016, 10:56:24 AM
Thanks for reply John, appreciated.

To get them refunded do you need residency? Will owing a property with our NIE's & NIF's do? We weren't going down the residency route yet as we are not likely to spend more than 100 to 130 days a year at our villa for the foreseeable future. ONE DAY  :D

Cheers

John (me too many John's round here  ;) )

Yes you need a residency card for a refund.

Re Johns

When I was in my 20,s I my local pub had 4 John Williams,s two of which were married to women with the same christian names, two were big guys and two were rugby players so if some one rang to speak to one of them it was a nightmare :D

MalT

Don't even start on the Jones's😎

Windermeregolfer

John R - Thanks for info on needing Residency Card, I will now have to start the research into the pros and cons of residency if we are only visiting in the short term for up to say 130 days a year, no doubt there will be info on here about somewhere  ;)

Johnrgby2

Quote from: MalT on July 27, 2016, 14:59:33 PM
Don't even start on the Jones's😎

It has always baffled me, the claim is Jones is the most popular name in Wales, yet there is no J in the Welsh language :o

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on July 27, 2016, 15:07:32 PM
John R - Thanks for info on needing Residency Card, I will now have to start the research into the pros and cons of residency if we are only visiting in the short term for up to say 130 days a year, no doubt there will be info on here about somewhere  ;)
We have an expansion Account other than what you have which is probably a Key account, the main difference being with a Key Account you are not charged by the bank if you receive money into the account in £,s with an expansion account it is free, but you have to transfer â,¬700 into the account each month, and you are subject to having to do so whatever the exchange rate is, as we transfer money other than the mandatory â,¬700 monthly as and when we need it, it is a swings and roundabouts thing, and we are considering switching back to a Key account which is what we had originally, which will allow us to suit ourselves when we transfer it, and bite the bullet on the quarterly fees.

Windermeregolfer

I think I will have to go into the bank when over in a couple of weeks (be warned weather wise John R) to clarify this as it seems there could be 2 lots of quarterly charges for both of us?

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hi Windermeregolfer. Have a look at Janet Anscombe's site, she writes for Tenerife but the info is equally valid here in FV: http://www.janetanscombe.com/forms-formalities

Windermeregolfer

Thanks Tamara ELP - Most helpful and added to favourites for further reference.