Mobile Phone

Started by Logitechtom, November 23, 2016, 13:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logitechtom

Hi,

Anyone offer any advice on a mobile phone tariff? 

I'm currently with Happy Mobil.  â,¬13.95 per month with inclusive national and international calls and calls and texts to national mobiles (unlimited) with bags of data.  When I signed up, they were saying that you could "park your SIM" for up to three months at just â,¬1 per month.  Ideal for me as I'm not out in Fuerteventura that often - perhaps 12/13 weeks across the year, but mainly in the summer months.

However, now I've actually asked them to park the SIM (I'm not going to be back in Fuerteventura until March 2017), they say that facility is no longer available on my tariff!!

So, I'm looking for an alternative.  Any advice?

Alternative option: Anyone know where you can obtain a "virtual" Spanish phone number that forwards calls to a UK Mobile.

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Globetrotter

Orange Balema tarrif, pay as you go, top up â,¬10 a month, gives 1gb data, calls 20cents 59 mins duration but does have call conection fee, txts extra, the â,¬10 tops it up for 30 days at â,¬8,95 plus the extra â,¬1.05 goes to credit which doesnt expire, visit the UK no problem just dont use there as roaming charges are high, but not forced to top up every month, credit just stays there

Sabina500

Ive just bought a Movistar simcard for 10/15 Euros or whatever it was with a GB on it for internet and a cheap phone for it too, but now I am lost how it really works (not like an English Pay as You Go, though I thought it would be)
The Movistar app tells me theres 3.96Euros still on it and asks me to put more credit on it .....
but does it expire after a month?
do I have to put 10 Euros on it and then buy more internet and/or more minutes for it (my Spanish is till not good enough to get myself through the Movistar website unfortunately, apart from the fact that I don't know how it has to work basically)
anybody out there who can help
thx ever so much
:-*

Archer

We use the Orange PAYG Spanish sim. It never expires and top it up â,¬5 a time in Orange store. 6ct/min + 12ct for sms. Only useful in Spain, otherwise we use our UK sim for international @1p sms. Seems a useful option.

Sabina500

mmmh, everybody I talked to warned me of Orange, well, in England it hasn't got the best reputation either?!? so I'm stuck with this now, never mind, thank you for replying!!!

Archer

..... but you're not in the UK and the op asked about Fuerteventura  :o