Discounted fares.

Started by cockney, September 10, 2017, 17:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beachlife

Easy enough to prove you are not living here permanently if you are legitimate.

Provide annual P60 from UK.
Provide record of community tax from UK local authority.
Bank statements.
Proof registered with Doctor dentist are UK address.

(For last 5 years)

You can get a certificate of UK residence from the HMRC office which normally deals with your tax affairs. If you deal with more than one tax office, you need to go to the one to which you send your tax returns.

You also can get forms to claim exemption or relief from other countries' taxes from HMRC Residency at PO Box 46, Fitz Roy House, Nottingham NG2 1BD (telephone 0845 070 0040 (+ 44 0151 210 2222 if calling from outside the UK))

Being on the padron is similiar to the electoral roll. You can be on UK electoral roll but not necessary entitled to vote. Just like as a non resident on the padron you are not entitled to vote on national elections.

spitfire58

Quote from: Deso on September 14, 2017, 13:48:16 PM
Where are you flying from Ron?

Edinburgh. Sunday 13.50

Can't wait 😎😎😎

Deso

You'll be around an hour ahead of us, 15.05 from Liverpool.   ;D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

spitfire58

Quote from: Deso on September 14, 2017, 17:45:16 PM
You'll be around an hour ahead of us, 15.05 from Liverpool.   ;D

Knowing my luck, I will probably still be in a queue at the car hire desk !! Hope you have a good flight

😁😁😁

Archer

Ernie,
I didn't bother with the travel discount, as I am not full-time resident. I have had the Empadron for years. I pay my non-resident taxes and do everything legally.
Janet Anscombe, like Tamara says, is an excellent source of accurate info.

cockney

My original question has opened a real can of worms so I will take it a stage further, has anybody, actually, personaly, obtained discounted air travel from mainland Spain? What documents did you have to show for that? What discount did you obtain?

Ernie

It is indeed a big can of worms and has been so for at least the three years I have been trying to decipher it all. I am not much wiser now than I was back then.

Unsurprisingly I know of multiple people who are full time Residents here who enjoy cheap travel, and I am sure several more exist on this thread.

I also know of one couple who own an apartment in Corralejo and spend two separate sixty day periods there each year but other than that who do not visit at all. They also use the cheap ferries to Lanzarote and Gran Canaria but it is unclear to me whether they are on the Empadron, on the Registro or both. However I am certain that they are UK Residents for tax, healthcare reasons etc ...

I also own an apartment in the north of the island and spend a total of three months each year there. I have not applied for anything as I don't think I'm entitled to anything but I may well be shooting myself in the foot.

I would also be interested to hear of other people's experiences of these issues.

Ernie

mooro

My experience is  bought my residents discount ticket by showing my Travel document which was up to date and my green residents card, arrived at the port to again have to show travel doc,green card plus my passport for I.D.
At the airport bought flight tickets on line and was refused the tickets on collection at the airport because I had forgot my documents so had to pay the full price.
This tells me that if you don't have the correct docs you will not get the discount empradomiento is not enough on its own.

cockney

That seems to confirm it. Both Tamara and Mooro say that you must have the (residentia) green card as well as a Padron. I usualy spend 3 months here in the spring and another month in Autumn so I may enquire about getting a green card.