What is the beach like between the town and Rui hotels

Started by mickboy, December 03, 2014, 21:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickboy

Hi does anyone know if naturism is accepted between the end of the built up area and the rui hotels?
Have only used the beach past the hotels on previous visits but want to try somewhere new when we return in March.

Thanks

jg

I have not had any difficulty being naked on any part of this beach, although some people may find the part near the hotels and in front of the wind surfing huts a bit problematical.
I am told that it is possible to use the beach café on this part of the beach naked. I have done so in the past but this was many years ago when the beach was almost deserted and there were no other customers.
JG

helsbelles

We stayed at Gran Natura, which is the last property of the built up area, earlier in the year and walked out of the back gate onto the beach Au Natural. There were a reasonable number of naturists on the beach and we didn't have any problems either walking or sunbathing naked on the beach between the edge of town and the RUI hotels.

SheilaW

Quote from: helsbelles on December 04, 2014, 20:24:54 PM
We stayed at Gran Natura, which is the last property of the built up area, earlier in the year and walked out of the back gate onto the beach Au Natural. There were a reasonable number of naturists on the beach and we didn't have any problems either walking or sunbathing naked on the beach between the edge of town and the RUI hotels.

Ditto! Some areas are really quite naturist, others aren't but nobody seems to mind if you are.

jg

Quote from: SheilaW on December 04, 2014, 22:36:04 PM
Ditto! Some areas are really quite naturist, others aren't but nobody seems to mind if you are.
Not only that, but I have walked and swam naked in the area between the hotels which many people regard as totally textile  many times without problems.
JG

mickboy

Thanks for replying to my question and sharing info with me, I will try out the area when Im there in March and it saves the long walk from the bus stop to the dunes which is wasted sun time.

isleswing

We've looked at using that beach, but weren't too impressed by it. However, if we did use it, we'd definitely be stripping off.
In fact, wherever we've been naked, absolutely nobody's reacted at all, just accepted our presence. This is one of the joys of Fuerteventura.

Magoo

Quote from: isleswing on December 06, 2014, 15:01:38 PM
In fact, wherever we've been naked, absolutely nobody's reacted at all, just accepted our presence. This is one of the joys of Fuerteventura.

Most likely they wait until they get home & then bellyache on Tripadvisor about how the nudists have "ruined their holiday".  You see comments such as "Watch out for the nudists, especially if you have kids with you"
What the hell do they think will happen to their little darlings? 

norbertm

isleswing

Frankly, I don't think those people actually want to be happy.

TripleH

decho

Yes there's some waste ground right next to it wit access to the beach

hairybiker

I use this beach every time I go.  The area south of Flag Beach and north of the hotels is much used by surf schools (and surfers generally) and at weekends by local Kite surfers. 

The kite surfers tend to use the northern end and can be a bit of a pain as they trudge back along the beach, not being able to sail upwind or having suffered an equipment failure (e.g. brain fade or a lack of testicular fortitude)

SandR

We're heading out to Corralejo at Easter. My wife is a bit uncertain about visiting a naturist beach. I think a beach with a good mix of naturist and textile will be ideal. If she doesn't see a good number of other people nude I don't think she's likely to remove her own bikini. However if everyone is nude she might feel under pressure to conform. From the description it sounds like this beach might be a good mix. What do people who know the area think?

Also are there any areas we should steer clear of due to undesirable (sexual) activity. If my wife sees anything like that she's unlikely to be persuaded to give naturism a try again, no matter how I try to persuade her it's not all like that.

Thanks

erik_tonny

Here we go again....

Exactly which  areas we should steer clear of due to undesirable (sexual) activity ..........
Is there a special time of day when we should avoid these areas......

paully

I HATE computer thingyss

spongebob squarepants

Last time we were on this beach (Flag beach as I think it is known) it was 100% textile - not even any ladies topless - just loads of ridiculous Italians parading up and down with their Ted Baker shoulder bags. The beaches about half a mile south of the last hotel are a good mix of textile and naturist in our experience. (About 40% textile and 60% nude late last September).

SandR

Quote from: erik_tonny on February 16, 2015, 09:18:57 AM
Here we go again....

Exactly which  areas we should steer clear of due to undesirable (sexual) activity ..........
Is there a special time of day when we should avoid these areas......

What's your point? If it's a question that's been asked and answered many times I don't see it so it can't have been that recent. If this forum isn't for people with more knowledge and experience of the place to advise those with less then what is it for.

paully

The Point?..I think it might have to do with the rather precise type of questions that you have asked..Not the sort that a genuine naturist would ask tbh
I HATE computer thingyss

Deso

Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

paully

I HATE computer thingyss

Lee@Joyce

The beach after the Gran Natura upto the 2 big hotels in our experience has been fine we have used it a number of times, however we have seen a few weirdos (for want of a better term) wandering around single men fully dressed etc.
The beach after the hotels is much better we love the spot were the life guard tower is even if it is a bit of a hike over the dunes from the road.
You could always try Cottillo if you have a car the best place we have found is just out of town towards the lighthouse park up on the car park and hit the beach we've always seen a mixture of naturists and textiles here.

kaynig

We use this section every day we visit the beach, we are always nude and never had a problem, find a stone circle and chill inside or outside of it. If it shocks some textiles so be it. We dont jump on a train with out knowing its destination, shouldn't book a holiday without checking your destination.

SoCal

It has been my experience that on the beach between the town and the Rui hotels was the only beach food and drink hut that served people in the nude. This is my experience.

In fact, it has been nudism everywhere on this beach. In fact, it has been nudists engaging is sex everywhere on this beach. In fact, it was been nudists engaging in sex CONTINUOUSLY everywhere on this beach. IN FACT, HALF THE TOWN HAS SHOWED UP ENGAGING IN SEXUAL RELATIONS, CONTINUOUSLY and EVERYWHERE, increasing the population of humanity, AS STATED IN THE BIBLE and TORAH and QURAN!!! (on this beach).

IN FACT!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERY WAKING MOMENT IS SEXUAL ENGAGEMENT, REGARDLESS OF CHROMOSOMAL TYPE, IN MORE WAYS THAN HAVE BEEN DOCUMENTED ON THE INTERNET

ON

THIS

BEACH   !!!

Yes, Fuerteventura is a holy site. Hopefully you will be able to visit it some time.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

paully

So Cal, Hush UP....quiet..your not supposed to tell..we don`t want every Tom Dick or Harriet coming along to watch, do we ::)...you`ll be telling them next that late afternoon is the best time  :P
I HATE computer thingyss

JennyF

Hi SandR have tried to send you a personal message but its blocked!

SoCal

Quote from: paully on February 21, 2015, 10:07:57 AM
So Cal, Hush UP....quiet..your not supposed to tell..we don`t want every Tom Dick or Harriet coming along to watch, do we ::)...you`ll be telling them next that late afternoon is the best time  :P
I'm always astonished how quickly the videos uploaded to the most libertine of websites are quickly removed because the content is soooo shocking.

Actually, I'm usually too mellow on wine and good spirits by the late afternoon to actually participate. But I hear it is a Benny Hill of an experience for those who partake.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

Snowdrop

Both sides of the hotels have quite a number of nude sun bathers throughout the year.  You do get the odd person wondering around that you question their motives; though we have never seen any behaviour untoward.  We have never felt uncomfortable on either side of the hotels though I do wish there were a few more people that did not want white bits upon their body :-)