Fair FX Currency Card

Started by Voldermort, January 08, 2014, 10:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voldermort

For those with Fair FX prepaid cards todays rate is 1.1840 which is the highest I have seen it for a long time..Might be a good time to load up

Deso

Same on CaxtonFx as well.   ;D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

potash

Hi Desco they are both owed by the same company Newcastle building society. one gives you a wee better exchange rate and charges atm withdrawal caxton is free atm withdrawal. and caxton fast pay is very easy to use to send money worldwide . 

adewass

Got to agree about Fair Fx. I applied for one of their cards last month. At the time the rate was 1.194. they had an offer of £8 off when you put £500 or more on the card. I actually got €597.75 for £492, this gave me an exchange rate of 1.21. I know they charge a fee of €1.50 for each transaction, but I will probably only use an ATM about 4 times max during a 2 week period. Also it saves carrying a load of cash around on holiday.

TheCooler

The Sabadell solbank at the Atlantico centre , Caleta allows withdrawals up to €600. Cuts down on the €1.50 charge per withdrawal .

adewass

Excellent info, especially as we're staying in Caleta. Is that from the ATM or over the counter?

Deso

Caxton don't charge for cash withdrawals, I use cash machines all over Caleta.  :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

TheCooler