Yet more Bank Charges!

Started by Archer, July 16, 2014, 14:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Does anyone have their bank take an additional fee from their account for 'Certificate of Non-Residency'? Santander has just taken another 2 x 15 Euros for this.
We gave them countless copies of our NIE docs, so what is it they need to do to earn this fee??  >:(
Note to self; 'switch to Banco Popular, next week'

TheCooler

It's taken once every 2 years. We've had to pay it.
Not sure why or Who to.It's another one of those bills , where you shrug your shoulders and shake your head in disbelief.
The non resident rental tax is another example . That tax is a jaw dropper.

SheilaW

Do you have the option to supply them with the forms when they're renewed every two years? I would have thought you had every right to complain if they haven't given that option. But isn't it easier to let them do it? You'd have to go to Puerto, fill in the forms, pay the 10â,¬ or whatever (they won't be free) and give the bank a photocopy. Must be easier to pay the bank to do it, surely.

margerita

I made an enquiry on this forum way back re 2 lots of sums deducted from my account at solbank. The amounts approx 22 and 24 euro.
I got a reply to say the Spanish police have the right to look at non residents accounts every 2 years, and for that GREAT service they charged me the above amounts. ahhh annoying.  >:(