Scottish naturists

Started by bigcountry, April 12, 2015, 13:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigcountry

Many on here ? . Im from Dumbarton and have been to Fuerte eight times now , 9 come Nov 28th 2015 . I was wondering how many Scots naturists were on this site .

paully

I think there is a few, the best known one was Falkirk Dan, but I don`t think he has been on the forum for a while..
I HATE computer thingyss

medsailor

I am Scottish, been to Fue about 8 times mostly the north end but having a week down south this time.

SheilaW

Does it really mattwr? The great thing about naturism is you really can't tell wealth, social status, job, religion or nationality. Why have Scottish naturists and Irish naturists and. . .?

notdeadfred

I'm Scottish, been to Jandia 5 years in a row, but I have to agree with SheilaW that it doesn't matter where fellow naturists come from. When I go on holiday I prefer to mix with different nationalities and mindsets, and not hang around with lots of other Scots, I get enough of that at home!

Did bigcountry have any particular reason for asking this question?

Magoo

Sheila.  A Scottish naturist must be an incredibly hardy individual.  Try walking down Union Street in the middle of January. Even with long johns & a duffel coat its touch & go. Then there is the issue of spontaneous combustion when they step out into the Fuerte sun.

My ancestors where from Ireland, so I also carry the toast gene. I can burn under a 60 Watt light bulb if I don't put on factor 50. So yes, I thing we deserve a special mention.   

mickboy

Hi I am Scottish and have been to Fuerteventura about 10 times. Was there last month when weather wasn't great believe it or not.

Looking to head somewhere in the med for a change in June so would welcome any ideas of places worth going to.

notdeadfred

mickboy,

I've mentioned it several times before on this forum, but we always alternate between Fuerteventura and Formentera in the Balearics. June will be idyllic there, and naturism common on virtually every beach.

erik_tonny

Aren't the scottisch naturists running a risc to be arrested for playing with their bagpipes? ;)

notdeadfred

Playing your bagpipes is fine, but tossing your caber can land you in hot water!

bigcountry

To Shellia and notdeadfred , no it doesnt matter , I was just wondering thats all . Been to fuerte 8 times , first three to Gorrelejo and then five , six come november to Jandia and only met two Scottish naturist couples both at Club magic life , no reason in asking other than out of interest .

mickboy

Notdeadfred I have sent you PM re Formentera

notdeadfred

Quote from: mickboy on April 19, 2015, 06:00:35 AM
Notdeadfred I have sent you PM re Formentera

and I have replied!

notdeadfred

bigcountry,

FYI, (if you want to keep count!), we only met 3 Scottish couples in total at the Fuerteventura Princess during our 2 week stay in March, 2 naturist, 1 textile.

GandA

We are a Scottish couple. We were there last May. Had a great time. Didn't meet any other Scottish couples but a few English ones.

bigcountry

Thanks for the replies , I know they are not many Scottish naturists around although Inchmurrin island is not far from my house . I cant go to it as my wife is a textile . Anyone on here been to Inchmurrin ?

falkirkdan

Falkirkdan is back!!!!!

Yes been while since last on forum but does not mean given up on Fuerty and will be back in El Cotillo in Sept for couple of weeks.   Not usual gaff El Caleton but in the village so suppose will be wearing clothes more.   
You will be surprised how many naturists there are in Scotland, with some very active clubs.   To the east is Forth Naturists with swims in Haddington 1st and 3rd Sunday evenings of the month.   To the North is Sunnybroom near Aberdeen who have their own site.   In Loch Lomond there is a site on Inchmurrin Island.   Been there two years ago with crowd of Forth friends what must have been that summer's hottest day.   We spent a while swimming in the Loch.   In Glasgow there is a swim every Sunday evening in the Arlington Baths near Charing Cross.  Each year British Naturist Association run a weekend during April/May in Dunoon at which I host the famous Burns in the Buff.   Last year I organised in July a boat trip on the Forth which attracted much attention and we were blessed with the most fantastic warm evening.
So naturism is very much alive in Scotland.  And of course we have some lovely open spaces and beaches to get the kit off.
See you all in September.
Big Country pm me if you want info on Inchmurrin.

MinRich

We'll be there 24th Sept onwards  :) Will also be in Edinburgh this coming long Weekend

falkirkdan

There from the 19th Sept staying in the village near the playpark square.
Doubt be near Edinburgh this weekend should be sailing.   Are you up for the culture?

MinRich

Min is 50 on the Sunday , doing the Tattoo and going on the Britannia etc ... Looks like it will be raining ! God its expensive though , will cost more for 3 nights/flights/eating out than we pay for 2 weeks in Fuerteventura!

falkirkdan

Quote from: MinRich on August 25, 2015, 20:55:05 PM
Min is 50 on the Sunday , doing the Tattoo and going on the Britannia etc ... Looks like it will be raining ! God its expensive though , will cost more for 3 nights/flights/eating out than we pay for 2 weeks in Fuerteventura!
Yes but she is worth it. 
Mind take waterproofs and dress warm for Tattoo.  You can take off if too warm.   Of course just go naked.

Will pm my phone no and we may be able to meet up.

arnieculane1

The aberdonion nudists will be at infinity correlgho tomorrow lunchtime

Arnie n Dawn

gibandbeak

Will be there in 6 days time  8)

Magoo

Quote from: arnieculane1 on August 26, 2015, 18:57:18 PM
The aberdonion nudists will be at infinity correlgho tomorrow lunchtime

Arnie n Dawn

I was in Aberdeen at the Altens Thistle correctional facility a few weeks ago, you don't see many nudists down Union Street.