Author Topic: Lawyer for house purchase  (Read 322 times)

Offline spitfire58Topic starter

Lawyer for house purchase
« on: November 03, 2014, 13:13:59 pm »
Hi All,
Hoping to be in a position to look at properties in the near future so was just wondering if any of you guys who have been through this could recommend a good english speaking lawyer or whatever is needed to make sure i am not buying "a pig in a poke" lol
Thanks in advance for all/any replies
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 16:32:41 pm by spitfire58 »

Online Jock719

Re: Lawyer for house purchase
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 16:34:47 pm »
Alicia Porven at Porven and MacAlister in the old town, Corralejo. We used Alicia, speaks great English and did everything right first time.

672 165 329 for Alicia Porven
The following users thanked this post: spitfire58

Fuerteventura Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 16:34:47 pm »

Online silent_running

• Always looking for the Sun and Fun!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 18:46:02 pm »
We're in the lucky position of being in 'mid-flow', so to speak, taking possession in a couple of weeks and looking forwards to being out every six to eight weeks..  :D :D

Following other recommendations on here we used Napoleon Gonzalez and have found him to be very diligent and easy to deal with. Often Napoleon will answer mails late into the evening when we weren't expecting a response for a while.

info@fuerteventuralawyer.com www.fuerteventuralawyer.com

No connection other than as a client of Napoleon's.

Online gattaca66

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 12:49:26 pm »
Have also heard recommendations from satisfied clients of Napoleon Gonzalez, but we used Aguado Damsell y Reguera, also based in Corralejo for our house purchase earlier this year. Found them very easy to deal with and very reliable. Our lawyer, Jacobo Aguado, spoke excellent English whilst at least two of the staff in the office must be native English speakers. It was quite a large and complex transaction from our point of view, but they handled it seamlessly.

I'm sure others are very good too, but I know how important informed recommendations are! Good luck with your plans!

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 21:14:46 pm »
Thanks for all the replies guys. Much appreciated. If it is not too cheeky a question (& i am not actually talking amounts) can i ask, in general what are the prices like. Can you work a deal with a fair minus %age off the asking price ????

Offline archer101

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 21:55:35 pm »
Napoleon works on a fixed price, so no surprises and doesn't charge more for a higher priced property like some do (who work on a % of value). He also gives a lot to help with utilities etc. Can recomend.
One thing I did learn, about the payment at Notary day - check how much your bank charges for a cheque, and make sure your funds are traceable from a uk or acceptable euro bank (money laundering checks were made by the Notary). Nationwide Isle of Man or Jersey IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, apparently!

Offline SheilaW

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 18:23:30 pm »
I'm not sure if ADR work on a fixed amount or a percentage but they told us their fees before the purchase of both our houses here got underway, and estimated the other charges very closely. They will also happily deal with getting your NIE, plus the NIF for your removals company, also phone, electricity and gas connections, registration with the community administrators, etc. The first time, we gave them the power of attorney right at the start and they saw to everything so that we just had to pick up the keys and move in.

Offline Spike On Q

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 02:18:03 am »
Napoleon - I want a gas connection, where is the gas works I'll get some coke to for the stove!

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 15:06:34 pm »
Thanks for all the replies guys. Hope to be out there in a couple of years. Roll on the day !!! If we can come up with the right property, at the right price then will think about buying reasonably soon and work it as a holiday stop for a few years first. The eventual idea is to spend the winters out there & summers (???) back in Scotland