Bar Torino

Started by Michelle63, August 07, 2012, 16:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle63

The New Bar Torino

Hello Everyone it's Michelle here from Bar Torino. Just to give you an update of exactly where Torino is.....this year! We have opened the beach bar in Cotillo, overlooking the surf beaches at Piedra Playa. It means that to find us, you need to turn left at Impescasa supermarket head towards to cliff beaches, you will pass the round tower.  Carry on along the track you will see the unmistakable yellow 'shack'. It is a lovely spot with magnificent views and beautiful sunsets and he is enjoying being back making his Paellas and fish. We would love to see you if you are passing by and wish everyone a fantastic summer. xxxxx

Gone Fishing

That's a stone's throw from where we stay in Cotillo Michelle so you may be seeing a lot of us in November.

Gook luck with the new location.

GF

MinRich

Yes Good Luck , good location but not as good as the old one . Hope your customers flock back .

Perhaps put some photos on this thread to attract us to the new location ?

May see you in October when we're back  :)

gillgooding

Will definitely come to see your new place when we are over in September! Good luck with your new venture.  Still think it as unforgiveable what they did to you at the old place but things happen for a reason or so I'm told

Lostboys

Wishing you all the best Michelle
What are you opening hours/days - fancy popping along this weekend

Michelle63

Thanks so much for your good wishes. We are open from around 10.30am until sunset. It's about the same as the first Bar Torino. It is open everyday so hopefully we'll get to see you. Dad is going to start in September as he doesn't usually work in August. Hope to see you soon.

zedzedeleven

Quote from: gillgooding on August 07, 2012, 18:29:24 PM
Will definitely come to see your new place when we are over in September! Good luck with your new venture.  Still think it as unforgiveable what they did to you at the old place but things happen for a reason or so I'm told
Hi Gill, leave a pint in the pump for me, I will be following along in October !
Mentor to the boneheads.

gillgooding

Definitely will do ZZ, might even leave you two as it might be thirsty work getting to the new location!!  I am excited though as El Cotillo & Torinos go together like roast beef and yorkshire pudding, fine on their own but much more enjoyable when together.  Have a great holiday in October.

Mosaic

"Carry on along the track you will see the unmistakable yellow 'shack'. It is a lovely spot "

Sorry but this should read "It was a lovely spot until the unmistakable yellow shark"

Wish you well with your business but I would rather it was located elsewhere and not at the start of this beautiful section of coast which has, with the exception of the lifeguards hut, remained relatively unspoilt in the 25 years we have been visiting the island.

tindaya

Nice one Mosaic, you would rather it were somewhere else eh.
The locals here are suffering from the economic downturn and as it belongs to them must decide what is good for it.
There is much wrong with the planning of El Cotillo but a man who works hard and not a DEVELOPER is entitled within the law to open up on his own coast. They will care for it so it stays fine for your return.
25 years is a long time to wait for one nice bar to open here. Thank you.
Keep up the vigilance but pick on some of the more obvious eyesores and white elephants.

isleswing

I won't be qualified to comment on the appearance etc of the new bar for about six weeks, but, surely it will open up the area to more visitors.
I have to confess that, in the eight years we've been coming tothe Island, we've only once driven a short distance along the coast on the southern side of El Cotillo. We've hardly walked round that side of town, as there's no 'destination'. There has to be something at the end of a walk, otherwise why go there? We admire the view from the restaurants above the new harbour, but have never had the urge to visit that dead-looking beach. We will this year, and good luck to Torino for making something of it.

Mosaic

Quote from: tindaya on August 09, 2012, 14:09:38 PM
Nice one Mosaic, you would rather it were somewhere else eh.
The locals here are suffering from the economic downturn and as it belongs to them must decide what is good for it.
There is much wrong with the planning of El Cotillo but a man who works hard and not a DEVELOPER is entitled within the law to open up on his own coast. They will care for it so it stays fine for your return.
25 years is a long time to wait for one nice bar to open here. Thank you.
Keep up the vigilance but pick on some of the more obvious eyesores and white elephants.

Just as well he isn't a hard working oil developer who comes from Fuerty then.  One law....  Still an eyesore no matter who opens it up and with so many empty restaurant premisies......  And a bit of change from the safety of the lagoons for their customers to one of the most dangerous beaches on the island......

isleswing

How far along from the Toston tower is Torino's? And how close to the beach or cliff edge? I am trying to visualise the impact it might have on it's surroundings.

col328

Hi Michelle Good luck with the new bar Torino, we  were hoping that it would be back on La Concha beach as before, will be in Fuerte at the end of the month and will call  in to see you all and say hello to Bill.

Lostboys

fab - good food, prices, atmosphere - worth the trip out to the yellow shack

honkeytonk

Hello all
Great news about the new Bar Torino we may be over in Oct or Nov hopefully
(sodding airlines and their escallating fayre prices).  Will defo go and eat there hope the menu is the same as the old Bar Torino good luck to them.

Has anybody got pictures of their location and the yellow shack.
Regards
jill d

honkeytonk

Nobody got any photo's??
jill d

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

If no one else has any then perhaps Michelle could post some  :) :)
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

honkeytonk

Thank you hev (just bringing to the top to see if michelle reads)
jill d

col328

[imballotsg][/http://mail.google.com/a/sky.com/?ui=2&ik=01def9b8de&view=att&th=139caad86acbf18c&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=f_h74wqcu50&zwimg]
Call in yesterday spoke to Torino he said business is good, great location, food as good as ever, photo attached.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hi col328
Please can you reload the image - I can't see the picture? Cheers.

col328

Hi All I am on holiday in Corralejo at the present. I sent the photo from my iPhone , will try again when I return to UK

TamaraEnLaPlaya

cheers  ;D
enjoy your holiday  8)

col328

Torino's bar El Cotillo

col328

I have put two video's on Youtube of Torino's bar.

The Road To Torino's Bar

Torino's Bar

Hope you all enjoy them, and when you are in Cotillo call in, it's a great place.

falkirkdan

Looks like Torino stored the old restaurant in the back yard and has now rebuilt it here.   At first glance did think was picture of the original one on Burro (Donkey) Bay.

I hope that you all realise that driving to the new restaurant is off road and will negate your hire car term, Oh I am an old misery gutts :D

Champlain Girl

honkeytonk

Thank you Col328 excellent videos never been to that beach in all the 16 years I've been going there.  Bar looks great and the views are stunning looking forward to going soon.

Thanks again and hope you had a nice time.
jill d

col328

Hi Honkeytonk Really had a great time, weather 30-40 deg everyday, as you can see in the video we always hire a car and like to get around, especially the lagoon beaches in Cotillo just to the right of the Lighthouse they are fantastic, we have been coming to Fuerte for the last 22 years, so like yourselves we all must enjoy the place.

fuertesol

Firstly I am glad to see that Torino's has returned and I wish the business success but I have to say that the bar has now received a lot of free publicity.Other businesses who try to make people aware of their presence are swiftly removed by admin with the invitation to place a paid advert.

There are a lot of other people trying to start a new business in the area who have to pay for advertising which is difficult at the start up stage when money is short.

I would like to see some sort of offer made to new businesses e.g. two free adverts then start paying on the third or something of the sort.

I look for fairness and consistency for everyone.

I hope admin reads this and perhaps something can be done to help the new businesses.

Yours hopefully

Fuertesol