Electric bill?

Started by ashworth, January 30, 2017, 07:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashworth

Just paid January Electric bill 245 Euro the highest I have paid.Has the cost gone up since December?

Windermeregolfer

Yes is the simple answer on 1/1, got our bill online dated 12/1, 12 day at new rates.

There is an English version of the website to check out tariffs and get your detailed bill on line and you can also download it -

https://www.endesaclientes.com/homes/home.html?logout=true

See forum thread - http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=22582.msg543186#new

We have an online account which seems to work great, just checked it, I think we have a smart meter and our empty property has used 10Kw of electric in 15 days so when we arrive on Wednesday will be checking why and what's on.

Our last bill on January 12th was 77.40â,¬ for 63 days  where we had used 107 kWh  which included a week when we were at the property when the consumption was 58 kWh as I read the meter.

As I say I will be reviewing this over the next week whilst at the villa, however the largest part of our bill is the fixed daily charge 51.45â,¬ plus tax of the 77.40â,¬ bill which if I have it right is based on your max kW requirement.

spitfire58

Quote from: ashworth on January 30, 2017, 07:09:27 AM
Just paid January Electric bill 245 Euro the highest I have paid.Has the cost gone up since December?

Hi Ash,
Geez, you must be running everything 24/7 to get a bill that size for ONE month,lol. That is mega high. Way more than I was expecting for out there

emmi

WOW! That's frightening!  What is or was your "normal" monthly consumption?

Windermeregolfer

See my post above which I have just updated

Globetrotter

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on January 30, 2017, 09:15:00 AM
Yes is the simple answer on 1/1, got our bill online dated 12/1, 12 day at new rates.

There is an English version of the website to check out tariffs and get your detailed bill on line and you can also download it -

https://www.endesaclientes.com/homes/home.html?logout=true

See forum thread - http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=22582.msg543186#new

We have an online account which seems to work great, just checked it, I think we have a smart meter and our empty property has used 10Kw of electric in 15 days so when we arrive on Wednesday will be checking why and what's on.

Our last bill on January 12th was 77.40â,¬ for 63 days  where we had used 107 kWh  which included a week when we were at the property when the consumption was 58 kWh as I read the meter.

As I say I will be reviewing this over the next week whilst at the villa, however the largest part of our bill is the fixed daily charge 51.45â,¬ plus tax of the 77.40â,¬ bill which if I have it right is based on your max kW requirement.
Wow that is high, â,¬51.45 daily charge.

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: Globetrotter on January 30, 2017, 10:27:58 AM

I think you missed the of the 77.40â,¬ bill   So for clarity our daily charge is 1.5425â,¬ per day.

Archer

I have posted before on this subject. My understanding is that the lion's share of your bill could be your standing charge. This is determined by your potencia. Look on page 2 of your bill, or online, at the top left it says Contradada Potencia. This is this max kwatts that you can draw. High Potencia=High Bill.
Add up all your high wattage appliances, that may get used together, or use Endesa's online calculator, then sign on to your account and select a lower potencia that best matches your likely usage. High use appliances are Kettle, hob, air con and Pool heater. Bingo, your bill will go down.
Warning:do not lower it such that you draw more than your contract or your electric will go off.
It worked for me for both my properties and saved a lot.
PS: The Smart Meter gives you usage daily, monthly and compares to previous usage. You can even setup 'Empty Home Alerts' to warn you if electric is used whilst you are away (assuming you have everything turned off!). It makes it easy.

spitfire58

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on January 30, 2017, 10:57:47 AM
Quote from: Globetrotter on January 30, 2017, 10:27:58 AM

I think you missed the of the 77.40â,¬ bill   So for clarity our daily charge is 1.5425â,¬ per day.

Thanks John,
I have been trying to get an idea of the daily charge for ages, without success, lol. Can you say what your contract level is for ? Our bill "should" be mainly the contract charge as everything will be off except when we are there. As I say, been trying to gauge for ages what our "typical" monthly bill should be,
Cheers
Ron

Archer

My daily standing charges are:
@ 6.9kw potencia = 79c / day
@ 4.6kw potencia = 52c / day

Electric usage charge 15.6 and 14.5c respectively per kw hour.

As you can see, the standing charge is pro-rated (small variation for area), so half your Potencia value and you will halve your standing charges.

spitfire58

Quote from: Archer on January 30, 2017, 19:46:20 PM
My daily standing charges are:
@ 6.9kw potencia = 79c / day
@ 4.6kw potencia = 52c / day

Electric usage charge 15.6 and 14.5c respectively per kw hour.

As you can see, the standing charge is pro-rated (small variation for area), so half your Potencia value and you will halve your standing charges.

Thanks Archer,
That is exactly what I was looking for
Cheers
Ron

blackcat

Hi

I'm trying to see if we are using too much electric, can someone give me a approx monthly Khw usage we are using about 300 Khw  a month in a one bedroom apartment. Bills are about 50 to 60 euros a month with a 5.5 potencia standing charge.

our daily usage is about 9 Khw per day but we have been told this is too high for just 2 of us.

Archer

Blackcat. Usage depends on what appliances, lights etc you use.
We use about 30kwh / month when not here and 200+kwh / month when here, but we have switched to LED lighting and do not have air cond or pool heater.
Have you looked on your online a/c and checked your usage? And we get billed for every 2 months, not monthly.

blackcat

Thanks Archer

when you say 200 khw  plus what is the average.

we have had an apartment onthe island for 12 years but only used it for holidays - but I always calculate the bills for the 2  weeks and then round up for the month.

But we always seem to use about 8 or 9 Khw per day which is 279 or 248 if you round it up to 31 days.

calculator

Your usage is way too high for a 1 bed apartment. Are u running aircon? is it really necessary? Your fridge will be your most expensive appliance (Apart from aircon/pool). Is it A+ rated minimum?

We 2 people, live here permanently in a house; no pool; no aircon; no waste!!
Gas water heating - only used for showering (washing up doesn't require hot water); gas + electric for cooking; a couple of irrigation pumps; entertainment system; a couple of desktop computers; fridgefreezer + additonal freezer.

We average about 5kw per day, with a current increase to 6,5Kw per day at moment as we switch on a heater for 2 hours in the evening to take the chill away. Heating isn't necessary for any longer than that.

Also, immense savings to be had from using the dual tariff - day/night, as the cheaper night time period runs from 22hrs to 12hrs (winter); 23hrs - 13hrs (summer).

Not just tourists and foreigners, the locals also waste a tremendous amount on electricity, having 50 lights on when 1 would suffice, etc.

blackcat

Thanks Calculator

Food for thought -  no air con or pool, and don't use a heater - but the fridge freezer was the one bought with the apartment 12 years ago so probably not very eco friendly,  also we have no gas so all cooking electric and boiler electric also, which we keep on all the time, so only saving i think we can make would be to only put boiler on when we want a shower.

cheers

Johnrgby2

We have a two bed roomed bungalow, we cook with electric, never switch the boiler off, have two fridge freezers an under counter and a larger one a separate freezer albeit a small one have two kindle,s and an ipad which are either being used or are left on charge, a desk top computer which is never switched off, a TV set that this time of year is on 6/7 hours a day, much less in the summer, but his is offset by the use of the lighting on the terraces, plus, my wife uses a food processor and or a food mixer every day, as she makes her own bread, coleslaw etc throw in two mobiles that are constantly on charge, and our bill averages out at â,¬125 bi monthly, as I have said in an earlier post this last bill was â,¬135 I was expecting it to be higher, as it is going dark earlier etc. I think that to be relatively good value.

Captain Sensible

We have all the usual indoor electrical appliances, but have no heating, air-conditioning or swimming pool, and used 196 kwh between 13 Nov-14 Dec and 222 kwh between 14 Dec - 15 Jan.  The total bills were 48.73â,¬ and 54.71â,¬.