Author Topic: Thomas Cook.  (Read 1652 times)

Offline dagwood

Thomas Cook.
« on: September 20, 2017, 19:05:28 pm »
Gee whiz Thomas Cook pilots to strike. Do they not care about the travelling public. No respect for people who need to get home. My goodness how terrible.

Offline Ivemovedon

Re: Thomas Cook.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 21:04:06 pm »
Yep but TC are useless and we know they are. We don't cream our undies over them just because they are British.  ;)

Offline dagwood

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 21:36:33 pm »
Yes but they have some amount of passengers lined up on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I know they may account for a lot of the AI  clients but they all look forward to their holidays which they have saved up for all year. They also account for a lot of the employment on all the islands. 
I think useless is a word that should be used carefully. I hope their staff and customers can be accomadated.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 22:13:34 pm »
Don't know what they are like now as I stopped using them quite a number of years ago due to the uncomfortable and tight seating arrangements on their planes. Had some of the worst flights ever to Fuerteventura until I got wise and avoided them. As for Ryanair I wouldn't use them either now but I have to say they provided me with the quickest flight I ever had from Stansted to the Island. If i recall correctly it was about 3 hrs 35 mins. Never done it or anywhere near it since. Must have been a serious tail wind.

Offline fatherted

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 12:00:24 pm »

Offline hairybiker

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 19:08:31 pm »
Yep but TC are useless and we know they are. We don't cream our undies over them just because they are British.  ;)

IIRC they are actually German. Not part of TUI, like Thomason, but still German

Offline paully

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 09:26:00 am »
Their terms and conditions for the pilots are poor, they won't negotiate so this is their last resort to get poor management to the table. They are also trying to replace their pilot numbers by using cheaper, less experienced crew from wherever they can get them.. I'm sure they are very concerned for their passengers and in more ways than one..oh yes and the first pilots strike in the UK for donkeys years..2 sides to every story guys

Offline gillgooding

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 19:13:47 pm »
Pilots have called off this strike and are going to arbitration allegedly according to The Sun newspaper today

Offline Snowdrop

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 22:37:59 pm »

They are part of tui and the awful condor planes/flights

Offline hairybiker

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 09:26:56 am »

They are part of tui and the awful condor planes/flights

Wrong, but so was I

From Wikipedia

"52% of the shares in the new company were held by the German mail-order and department store company Arcandor (the former owner of Thomas Cook AG) and 48% owned by the shareholders of MyTravel Group. Arcandor filed for bankruptcy in June 2009,[2] and its shares in Thomas Cook were sold in September 2009.[3] Thomas Cook Group plc's three major shareholders as of June 2016 were Invesco (19%), Standard Life Investments Ltd (10%), and the business magnate and investor, Guo Guangchang (7.03%). The remainder of the stock floats freely"