Author Topic: Sorry for the slight delay.  (Read 37089 times)

Offline chrisb

(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 22:02:17 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Cameron

my condolences to the wife chrisb. she has my utmost sympathy. LOL

How sensitive and considerate of you Cameron. If my tear ducts were working I would no doubt have shed a little tear by now [:D]

Offline Cameron

• The Watcher
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 05:51:53 am »
the thought of its making my eyes water too)

Fuerteventura Forum

(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 05:51:53 am »

Offline Oliver87

(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 09:34:56 am »
It's ok Chris I'm sure Cameron has lots of spare time on his hands to be pedantic about things. It's not his fault. Thanks im sure this visit will be as good as my last when I was younger.

Offline Cameron

• The Watcher
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 10:45:19 am »
Actually my time is very precious ( a bit like chrisby ). You should be thankful i've spent some of it advising you.

Offline Oliver87

(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 12:05:55 pm »
Camoren I was joking and having a bit of banter with u no need for the seriousness.

Offline Cameron

• The Watcher
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 12:17:55 pm »
so was i Ollie. Have a good hol.

Offline Oliver87

(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2011, 23:35:54 pm »
Thanks I will Cameron.  The place is awesome from what I remember and of I like it ill be looking to set up a business there next year.

Offline MinRich

Re:
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 10:18:04 am »
So the old forum sections dedicated to promoting the island, areas, accommodation, etc were removed ages ago, but we now have a dedicated gay section.

I'm no homophobe, but I can't really see this helping to promote the island, which I believe is the main reason for the forum?

Exactly - Look what a great and useful section it has been , to the detriment of the Forum i think .

The only reason for a Gay section would be for Sexual reasons ?

Offline bedouin

Re:
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 15:45:38 pm »
So the old forum sections dedicated to promoting the island, areas, accommodation, etc were removed ages ago, but we now have a dedicated gay section.

I'm no homophobe, but I can't really see this helping to promote the island, which I believe is the main reason for the forum?

Exactly - Look what a great and useful section it has been , to the detriment of the Forum i think .

Whilst your prejudice is obvious, you should look at bit closer at the facts.  The lesbian & gay market for tourism is huge - and lesbian/gay tourists spend much more per head on average than other tourists.  Although not unaffected by recession, the lesbian/gay community still has very high levels of disposable income, a lot of which they spend on travel.  Having a gay section on this forum undoubtedly helps to create the impression that Fuerteventura welcomes lesbian & gay tourists, and this can only boost the island's economy.

Offline KWC

• I knew deep down Scuba Diving wasn't for me
Re:
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2013, 15:55:56 pm »

Whilst your prejudice is obvious, you should look at bit closer at the facts.  The lesbian & gay market for tourism is huge - and lesbian/gay tourists spend much more per head on average than other tourists.  Although not unaffected by recession, the lesbian/gay community still has very high levels of disposable income, a lot of which they spend on travel.  Having a gay section on this forum undoubtedly helps to create the impression that Fuerteventura welcomes lesbian & gay tourists, and this can only boost the island's economy.

Thats all very well, and they would be made very welcome by all, im sure.   But not if they keep the advertising for sex/fun et al off these pages.

You Gays guys are missing the point here, its the blatant "can we meet for a bit of this and that", that is more off putting, and has no place on a public forum of this nature.

Surely you can understand that - yes?

Offline bedouin

Re:
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2013, 17:00:21 pm »
You Gays guys are missing the point here, its the blatant "can we meet for a bit of this and that", that is more off putting, and has no place on a public forum of this nature.

Just for the record, I'm not gay, I'm very happily married.  However, unlike some, I'm certainly not homophobic.  The demands to delete the "Gay" section of the forum are ludicrous; if people object to certain posts, they're at liberty to use the "Report to moderator" link to request that the post be removed or edited.

Offline MinRich

Re:
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2013, 17:20:51 pm »

Where are the statistics to prove your point about gay tourists having very high levels of disposable income ? I am not prejuduced at all , this section is not needed and will continue to say so . It attracts the wrong topics about sex and that is bad for the forum as a whole .

Offline MinRich

Re:
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2013, 17:26:53 pm »

Just for the record, I'm not gay, I'm very happily married.  However, unlike some, I'm certainly not homophobic.  The demands to delete the "Gay" section of the forum are ludicrous; if people object to certain posts, they're at liberty to use the "Report to moderator" link to request that the post be removed or edited.

Why are the "looking for sex" posts on the gay section then ? They are not under the quesries and questions part ? Surely they are only aimed at the gay community ? Asking for the post to be removed doesn't stop it from being posted in the first place . I am not Homophobic , i am a against distasteful threads and posts on a Holiday resort forum as this is what this forum is , not a dating site or anything similar . I only object to the distasteful bits and this should be obvious . Having asked admin to delete the other post/thread some time ago it doesn't appear to have been deleted , does it ? Why not ?

Offline bedouin

Re:
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 17:32:01 pm »
Where are the statistics to prove your point about gay tourists having very high levels of disposable income ? I am not prejuduced at all , this section is not needed and will continue to say so . It attracts the wrong topics about sex and that is bad for the forum as a whole .

Just Google gay tourism spend and you'll find loads of information.  You may not think you're prejudiced, but your posts suggest otherwise.  As I've said, if a post offends you, simply report it to the moderators.  Have you done that?

Offline bedouin

Re:
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2013, 17:41:11 pm »
I am not Homophobic , i am a against distasteful threads and posts on a Holiday resort forum as this is what this forum is , not a dating site or anything similar . I only object to the distasteful bits and this should be obvious . Having asked admin to delete the other post/thread some time ago it doesn't appear to have been deleted , does it ? Why not ?

I can't tell you why it hasn't been removed, only the moderators can answer that.  Perhaps they don't share your views.

There are all sorts of distasteful posts on public forums, if you don't like them maybe the answer is not to look at public forums.  Personally, I think it's inappropriate that there's a thread in Queries n Questions section on where to buy cannabis, but I wouldn't dream of asking for it to be removed just because I don't agree with it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 17:43:01 pm by tiger79 »

Offline MinRich

Re:
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 18:01:25 pm »
I am not Homophobic , i am a against distasteful threads and posts on a Holiday resort forum as this is what this forum is , not a dating site or anything similar . I only object to the distasteful bits and this should be obvious . Having asked admin to delete the other post/thread some time ago it doesn't appear to have been deleted , does it ? Why not ?

I can't tell you why it hasn't been removed, only the moderators can answer that.  Perhaps they don't share your views.

There are all sorts of distasteful posts on public forums, if you don't like them maybe the answer is not to look at public forums.  Personally, I think it's inappropriate that there's a thread in Queries n Questions section on where to buy cannabis, but I wouldn't dream of asking for it to be removed just because I don't agree with it.

Well the Police were importing it so there's a clue there perhaps ?

Offline bedouin

Re:
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 18:07:33 pm »
Well the Police were importing it so there's a clue there perhaps ?

That has nothing to do with the point I made, as you well know.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 18:10:16 pm by tiger79 »

Offline Holierspark

Re:
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2013, 16:04:29 pm »

Commendably liberal views tiger but just a tad up your own ar*e.

Unlike others on here who appear more interested in getting up sombody elses.

Offline bedouin

Re:
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2013, 17:52:09 pm »
Commendably liberal views tiger but just a tad up your own ar*e.

Liberal? I don't think so, I'd say my view is practical.  And isn't it interesting how people resort to personal insults when presented with common sense answers they don't like?

Offline Holierspark

Re: Sorry for the slight delay.
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2013, 18:16:08 pm »
Maybe in your eyes, but nah not common sense and certainly not practical . Just the usual trawled out homophobic accusations against those who find sexual procurement offensive on a public forum. And i might add any sexual procurement not specifically homosexual. So you miss the point completely my friend as do most of those of your ilk who try just a little too hard to be 'gay friendly' despite being 'happily married'.

And my previous post wasn't intended as an insult ....just an observation.

Offline bedouin

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2013, 18:48:34 pm »
Maybe in your eyes, but nah not common sense and certainly not practical . Just the usual trawled out homophobic accusations against those who find sexual procurement offensive on a public forum. And i might add any sexual procurement not specifically homosexual. So you miss the point completely my friend as do most of those of your ilk who try just a little too hard to be 'gay friendly' despite being 'happily married'.

And my previous post wasn't intended as an insult ....just an observation.

So my suggestion to report offensive posts to the moderators isn't practical?  How else would you get them removed or edited?  Will power?  A lot of people on here seem more interested in getting their post count up than in contributing sensibly to the forum.

Offline Holierspark

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2013, 19:11:46 pm »
You dont have a gay section in the first place. Thats how you get round it. I might be the only one but positive discrimination as it is trendily now called is not my style. You know.. where one gender, race or religeon is given preference over another. So no heterosexual section or bisexual section, then no gay section either. Makes sense to me. Everyone happy except for maybe a few over indulged homosexual forum members. And more to the point who in their right mind thinks there should be ANY sexual orientation section on a holiday website anyway.

Offline bedouin

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2013, 19:20:05 pm »
You dont have a gay section in the first place. Thats how you get round it. I might be the only one but positive discrimination as it is trendily now called is not my style. You know.. where one gender, race or religeon is given preference over another. So no heterosexual section or bisexual section, then no gay section either. Makes sense to me. Everyone happy except for maybe a few over indulged homosexual forum members. And more to the point who in their right mind thinks there should be ANY sexual orientation section on a holiday website anyway.

But there are "looking to meet up" posts in other sections, too, such as Queries n Questions and Naturism - presumably you'd want to ditch those sections too.  In fact, the Naturism section is surely another example of what you've called positive discrimination, isn't it?

As for whether there should be a gay section on a holiday forum, I've already highlighted the fact that gay/lesbian tourists have significantly greater spending power.  Surely therefore encouraging them to visit Fuerteventura can only be good for the island.  At the end of the day, isn't one main objective of this forum to encourage tourism?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 19:25:42 pm by tiger79 »

Offline Holierspark

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2013, 19:25:07 pm »
No naturism is or should be a pastime not sexual orientation. And most meet up posts in other sections are for a chat or a drink not a shag. Get real mate.

Offline Holierspark

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2013, 20:15:15 pm »
Oh i'm really glad you highlighted it. That makes it a compulsory viewpoint for the rest of us then. Fraid not. We could encourage paedophiles if we wanted to. Just give them their own section, i'm sure they've got plenty of money to spend on Fuerteventura. You either just don't get it or you just simply refuse to .

YOU DON'T SHOW PREFERENCE TO ONE SEXUAL ORIENTATION OVER ANOTHER. Minrich will tell you. ITS AGAINST THE LAW. (So they say)

Offline bedouin

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2013, 20:41:07 pm »
You either just don't get it or you just simply refuse to .

Perhaps I'm just not as blinkered as some...

Offline Holierspark

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2013, 20:52:54 pm »
Maybe your not. But by the same token those that don't agree with gay sexual content on sites that have nothing to do with it don't deserve to be vilified as intolerant homophobes by people such as yourself.

Offline bedouin

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2013, 21:04:02 pm »
Maybe your not. But by the same token those that don't agree with gay sexual content on sites that have nothing to do with it don't deserve to be vilified as intolerant homophobes by people such as yourself.

Now you're confusing two different issues.  The point which I keep making (and which you keep ignoring) is that if people disapprove of posts on this forum, they need to report the posts to the moderators.  If the moderators decide to take no action, the complainants can then decide whether to keep using the forum, or to abandon it.  As for homophobes, they undoubtedly exist here, just read some of the posts.

Offline KWC

• I knew deep down Scuba Diving wasn't for me
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2013, 21:48:35 pm »
One question tiger et al, forget the resistance to the gay section on here, just answer me this!

Do you think it correct that the scribes to the gay section shout tout for sex the way they have done?

Offline bedouin

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2013, 21:53:12 pm »
One question tiger et al, forget the resistance to the gay section on here, just answer me this!

Do you think it correct that the scribes to the gay section shout tout for sex the way they have done?

There are very few posts of that nature. I think they're inappropriate, and (if reported to the moderators by those who find them offensive) should be edited out.  But the problem isn't confined to the Gay section, there have been swinger and other "let's meet" posts in other sections.