Fado Rock Restaurant + Map

Started by Neilclarke, July 22, 2013, 13:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neilclarke

We went to Fado Rock twice during our visit to Caleta last month. This is an excellent restaurant. Great food & great service. It is one of the few restaurants I've been to that do Paella for one. Well worth a visit.

[map]?=28.399904007072678,%20-13.859864473342896=17=Fado Rock=roadmap[/map]

fifi

The first time that we were in Fado Rock we were overcharged for extra meals and drinks. I like to give places the benefit of the doubt because mistakes can be made by anyone. When the same thing happened the second time however it made me wonder. I will not return.

Paddster

I've NEVER fancied the place to be honest - heard bad things most of the time about it so won't chance it...I may be doing the place a disservice but that's my choice i suppose... :)

janpaul

Fado is great value for money! The staff are superb! The service is second to none! Mistakes are made! If you tell them they will rectify them! If for some reason the food is not up to its usual standard then complain!

Carlos & his crew cannot rectify it if you do not complain!!

Hardcore

I thought the food was amazing and certainly will be going back to Fado Rock, next time we are over.

Can the Man

We have visited Fado on a number of occassions over the last 8 years, majortity of the times they have got it right and served the correct dishes and on time, but we have had a few mishaps with incorrect food being served or lengthy delays, but as has been said before they have corrected them.

They do know how to serve a proper medium rare or rare steak, and the beef carpachio is superb.

Give it a go.  :D

dagwood

Not good the last couple of times we were there. My son ordered lamb chops on both occasions and you would think they cut them with a hatchet and fragments of bone all through them.

annalivia

Fado can be a bit  hit and miss. The food can be very good but I find it a bit too frantic for my tastes. Not a place for a relaxing evening.

dagwood

Quote from: ashworth on July 31, 2013, 21:05:22 PM
Fado is a great place to eat. Lots of options and very good value for money. The staff work hard to keep every one happy. I would say 9 out of 10 people who go love the place. The others well people just love to have a moan.
We were regulars an Fado Rock and we visit Fuerteventura about 6-8 times each year for the past 10 years and always enjoyed eating here until the last few trips. Pity it seems to have gone down hill, will give it one more try and if its back to normal then ok but if not then its adios.

Paddster

Quote from: ashworth on July 31, 2013, 21:05:22 PM
Fado is a great place to eat. Lots of options and very good value for money. The staff work hard to keep every one happy. I would say 9 out of 10 people who go love the place. The others well people just love to have a moan.

Is that not the point here ? People's opinions on bars/restaurants ? What a pathetic comment...

skin

I have been going into Fado Rock for many years but never again the last  two times I went I was over charged and my carer asked for a piece of foil to wrap some meat she had left so she could feed the cats we were charged 6 euros just for a small piece of foil as I say never again it has gone down hill very fast   :(

fatherted

I've also been using the Fado for a number of years and have noticed a downturn in quality of both food and service.On my last visit the waiter took my money and I'd to ask him 3 times for my $20+ something change. Nice ork if you can get away with it.

woe10

I don't go here and never will.  Think Wetherspoons  :'(

thevdoc

Was okay for my other companions but not impressed, personally hubby and I choose not to go there, can't put my finger on it why not but we just don't like it, food so so, our friends wanted to try it this time so we complied.

Paddster

Quote from: woe10 on August 23, 2013, 15:50:28 PM
I don't go here and never will.  Think Wetherspoons  :'(

I've never been and don't plan on going - the many reviews on here have put me off..... ;D

Harlequin

Only been a couple of times, one good one bad, don't think I'll be going back.

Can the Man

Not bothering to go this time. Service the last time (May) just wasn't up to scratch >:(

potash

We went last night for a meal one fillet steak was off the whole meal was very disappointing this is not the fado rock of old far far from it, we wont be going  back in a hurry. 2 out of 10. 

HelenR

Didn't bother here been before was shocking

Neilclarke

Just back from a week in Fuerte. Went into Fado Rock twice (Five of us) and had two great meals.
Top quality

charlatanefc

Ate here tonight with Mrs Charlatan.  She had entrecote with mushroom sauce, I had entrecot with onions.  Both steaks, totally tender, and cooked exactly as requested.  Next table had the leg of lamb.  Boy was I jealous!!!

Best meal we've had on the island in 7 years of visiting, bar nestors last time.  Off to Nestors on Monday to compare.

2 Steaks and a btl of rose, 33 euro's.  Ridiculous value, and quality.

DARCY

Have eaten in Fado Rock several times and great meal each time.  Kids were well looked after and our food was great.  Entertainment an added bonus.

Can the Man

No. 1 grandson, aged 9 wanted a steak on the stone cooked medium, and that's what he got. We had a great meal here on Wednesday night 3 adults 2 kids food and service was excellent. They also recognised us as regulars and we got our residents discount.

fatherted

Just had a meal at Fado Rock and have to say both the meals and service was 1st class, a pleasant change from my last couple of visits where the service was very poor to say the least.Credit where credit's due.