Orange 4g en casa internet - SO SLOW

Started by Archer, October 08, 2017, 22:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

I just did another speedtest on my Orange 4g data service and discovered it had dropped to 0.44Mbps at around 10pm tonight!!
No wonder nothing works properly and Ace TV is buffering now!! Normally runs at 30Mbps.
Anyone else experiencing problems with 4g data here?

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Archer

Thanks Tamara. If you are also having Orange 4g problems, albeit intermittently, then please make a report to Orange.
My speed went down from an average 8-10Mps during the evening, and at around 10:15 dropped right out. I had trouble even measuring the speed, and then recorded a measly 0.88Mps for about 10 mins.
If anyone is also experiencing cr*p 4g service from Orange, please report it as a fault, as they seem to think it's just me!  :o

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Think it might be 4G in general as ours is through Movistar. It had been pretty good for a while but loads of buffering again recently.

esty

It is probably because you have used up your 50gb of data for the month. Using it for watching internet TV eats up the data.

Archer

Haha. No chance. We have only used about half our allowance. You can check usage easily online!
Orange, today, have now admitted they have more users than the network can cope with. So, take-it-or-leave-it.
We'll stick with it for now, as it is very fast during the day and after about 10:30. Can easily get 30Mps some days. And 50gb for â,¬30 suits us.
Thanks for comments

esty

I only mentioned it because ours slowed down and that was reason

fourthwisemonkey

Hmmm lots of congestion....just like what is happeneing on many of the movistar exchanges.....Everybody watching TV and wondereing why it all slows down....Brit TV 5pm-11pm, Spanish iptv for football etc...9pm onwards. I can barely even open a web page during the bloody soaps (9 meg during the day). Come telly time the jitter rates increase, ping times go ridiculous and dropped packets as high as 20%.

If using iptv and it buffers a bit i would not complain too loud and often to the isp´s though.....they could always start a fair usage policy or even ( not that it ever happens officially) could start bandwidth shaping.
for info bandwidth shaping is where low use/low bandwidth traffic (general internet activity) is given priority over high bandwidth usage (iptv/streaming) ie I will still get my 8 meg but if i start streaming i will get slowed down...unofficially of course. (point to note both movistar and orange are really pushing their iptv/streaming services and i wonder who will get priority, customer with adsl only who is using his own iptv/laptop/streaming service or the customer paying nearly double that for the full isp tv service?????

beachlife

My iptv service stopped working on Monday but came back to life on Tuesday.

I can only assume that Movistar were doing some work on the Monday and switched everything back to normal on Tuesday. Normal internet traffic worked such as email and general surfing, but not anything that required high bandwidth. Interestingly some other people close by had no problems, so they may have been switching people to different pipes and raising the contention ratios.