More good news

Started by dagwood, February 03, 2018, 10:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagwood

Ryanair earnings may beat targets
03/02/2018 - 06:30

By Geoff Percival

Ryanair is expected to report net profits of â,¬98m to â,¬114m and a lower-than-anticipated decline in yields when it reports third-quarter earnings on Monday.

Consensus among analysts is for net income, for the three months to the end of December, to be around â,¬101m and for post-tax profit for the year to the end of March to amount to around â,¬1.43bn.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: dagwood on February 03, 2018, 10:05:35 AM
Ryanair earnings may beat targets
03/02/2018 - 06:30

By Geoff Percival

Ryanair is expected to report net profits of â,¬98m to â,¬114m and a lower-than-anticipated decline in yields when it reports third-quarter earnings on Monday.

Consensus among analysts is for net income, for the three months to the end of December, to be around â,¬101m and for post-tax profit for the year to the end of March to amount to around â,¬1.43bn.

Dags

No one has ever suggested they are not a very profitable company, the issue is how they make their profits!

dagwood

Just wonder why people say don`t buy anything on board Ryanair when in fact food and drink (coffee/tea wraps etc)items are competitively priced when compared to the actual airport prices. I don`t know about alcohol it looks expensive on all airlines but their duty free when traveling to and from furteventura are well priced if they have any left. 1ltr spirits 14â,¬ 200 cigs 15â,¬ I think. Big savings as these items are heavily taxed in Ireland.
From a booking point of view surely your better booking with a financially strong airline like Ryanair or EazyJet.

spitfire58

Quote from: dagwood on February 03, 2018, 12:00:01 PM
Just wonder why people say don`t buy anything on board Ryanair when in fact food and drink (coffee/tea wraps etc)items are competitively priced when compared to the actual airport prices. I don`t know about alcohol it looks expensive on all airlines but their duty free when traveling to and from furteventura are well priced if they have any left. 1ltr spirits 14â,¬ 200 cigs 15â,¬ I think. Big savings as these items are heavily taxed in Ireland.
From a booking point of view surely your better booking with a financially strong airline like Ryanair or EazyJet.

They may be competitive to the airport prices but they are all a complete ripoff. I always take my own food & get a bottle after security. As for the duty free. If you have hold luggage why pay 14â,¬ when you can get perfectly good spirits for around 5â,¬ a litre on the island !!

dagwood

That`s exactly my point about ripoff prices at airports but 1liter of Jeamsom for â,¬15 as compaired to â,¬40 in the Irish supermarkets no contest. 200 b and h â,¬25 and â,¬32 in fuert. And â,¬120 in Ireland. All government duty and taxes.

Ivemovedon

If you are going to FV why on earth would you buy duty free on a plane, Ryanair or not.

spitfire58

Quote from: Ivemovedon on February 03, 2018, 14:37:53 PM
If you are going to FV why on earth would you buy duty free on a plane, Ryanair or not.

Some people are snobs & will only drink “Smirnoff” etc so I suppose for them it is still better value.
Vodka is vodka to me, the least offensive of any spirit as you can almost mask the taste with plenty of coke, lol but it does the job !! Best one I have got is the 4.85â,¬ 1litre bottle in Mercadona at El Mattoral, some Russian name like Klinkoff or something. Quite smooth & inoffensive & v good value

dagwood

Quote from: Ivemovedon on February 03, 2018, 14:37:53 PM
â,¬25 for 200 B & H  on Ryanair as against â,¬32 in Fuerteventura.  And buy a cheap btl of vodak with the seven and go mad in Caleta. Bit of a bellie but no tattoo yet.

Ivemovedon

I've always found FV prices on drink way better than duty free on planes. But then I don't bother to even look at the prices in the airline flight 'shop' these days much less buy from it. Far nicer browsing and comparing prices of the multitude of alcoholic beverages on offer in the local supermarkets and grog shops.

Is anyone still smoking these days?  ;)

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Yep! and I pay 21.75â,¬ for 200 B & H (Hiperdino).

Ivemovedon

So cheaper than Ryanair. Think dagwood needs to get his calculator out
..or pack it in.

dagwood

Quote from: Ivemovedon on February 04, 2018, 17:45:41 PM
So cheaper than Ryanair. Think dagwood needs to get his calculator out
..or pack it in.
B H GOLD  I know there are three or four other types of B AND H on the island and much cheaper than the original gold which cost appropriately â,¬32. 
By the way I did pack it in years ago.
Marlboro red is â,¬32 also

Ivemovedon

What would I know...the last time I had a cigarette you could choose from among others Guards..No 6 ..woodbines and weights.

It's a high price you pay now to kill yourself. :o