Beach pervs - Corralejo dunes

Started by janda, October 02, 2016, 21:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janda

My wife and I have just returned from yet another holiday to the wonderful beach south of the two Riu hotels in Corralejo national park.  We`re naturists and, like many others, frequent the area near to Rinaldo`s beach bar.   Every year we see the same pervs trawling the beach, walking haphazardly from stone circle to stone circle hoping to watch or join in with tourists engaging in an amorous embrace.  There are three or four main culprits; two Englishmen â€" one ageing, tall, slim and bald, the other swept back grey hair, wearing croc-like shoes and carrying a backpack containing a towel and god knows what else. One or two locals make up the rest. They are there almost every day and are intrusive, obnoxious saddos who make my wife and, almost certainly other women, most uncomfortable.  If any of you reading this post recognise yourselves please stop your most unwelcome behaviour.  You`re spoiling our holiday

KWC

We were on that same beach a few weeks ago and saw perverts with those same descriptions, walking up and down near by non stop looking inside the circles and between the dunes a bit more to the South.

One made a bee line to ours and I gestured him to f**K off.  He for some strange reason thought I meant over ye come.
I had to eventually forget the Queens English and use words that left him in no doubt he wasn't welcome near us.

This has happened to us not just on this beach but just about every other beach with the exception of El Cotillo lagoons.

fizzy lemonade

That's disappointing to hear, we were on the Grande Playas last week, mainly stayed on the last set of sunbeds south of the RUI hotels or in a stone circle within a few hundred meters, I walked on a few occasions from there beyond Reynaldos following the line of the bins there & the shoreline back but didn't notice anything untoward

Did you report it to the guys patrolling the beach in the yellow vehicles?

KWC

Quote from: fizzy lemonade on October 03, 2016, 11:44:01 AM
That's disappointing to hear, we were on the Grande Playas last week, mainly stayed on the last set of sunbeds south of the RUI hotels or in a stone circle within a few hundred meters, I walked on a few occasions from there beyond Reynaldos following the line of the bins there & the shoreline back but didn't notice anything untoward

Did you report it to the guys patrolling the beach in the yellow vehicles?

If you had been in a stone circle lower down you may well have seen the activities because you are aware of your surroundings and making sure your belongings etc are safe, therefore noticing the same men prowling about nearby on a regular basis will certainly catch your eye.
When walking you will not be seeing what other do unless you are specifically looking for this type of activity.

And yes I reported it to a life guard who said he would alert the appropriate persons, whomever that would be.

It never stopped us from enjoying the beach I may add and I will go back, just fore armed and all that.
They do give you a wide berth after a few chosen words so please don't think they pester you all day.
Just be alert and tell them to feck off and you will be fine.

fizzy lemonade

It was our first time on a CO beach so I was keeping pretty vigilant, in the stone circles, the wife was sunbathing completely flat, I tended to arrange myself so I could keep an eye on my immediate surroundings but we were both comfortable enough to allow me to go for a wander a couple of times a day, if we thought we were being hassled, I would have taken a photo of the guy with my phone, if that wasn't enough I'd have no issue getting physical if needed but luckily we had a non eventful week

MinRich

Will196

janda

As the one who started this thread I have to say that we've seen this behaviour in this area many times before over the years.  I agree with KWC in that if you tell them to go forth they usually do but it's not long before a different perv appears and you have to go through the same routine again. It's tedious and not what you what on a hard-earned and long-awaited annual holiday.  It won't stop us from visiting the same area of beach next year but I'm sure my wife is not alone in becoming pee'd off with the often continual pestering.

Johnrgby2

SheilaW

I think that getting a camera out is probably a very good idea. If loads of people do that it may just put them off for good. I'm sure they don't want to risk having their photo given to the police or publicised on the web. Not that I'd encourage anyone to actually do the latter!

hairybiker

Spotted one yesterday on the point between Flag beach and the beach going to the Tres Isles.  Wandering a bout looking into each bunker on his way south and again coming back north.

Short guy, about 5ft 6in, stocky with puffy features. Dark hair, receding front hairline. Black knee-length swim shorts and carrying a orange/yellow shirt.

Looked like a local

Banjo

I've just come back from a week in Corralejo with my wife.  We're no strangers to Corralejo, having visited 4 times in as many years. Seeing that we normally head to the area of the beach around Reynaldo's Beach Shack (sadly not open this week), we pretty much know what it's like. You don't need any prior knowledge to know that it's a little bit suspect, anyone's first visit there will tell them that. We're not naturists as such but we do like to strip off in the privacy of the stone circles. The guy described by Hairybiker above, I'm pretty sure I've seen him on at least one previous visit and on Friday just gone. They don't bother me too much to be honest, just tell them firmly to move on once  and you don't see them again. No need for any histrionics, they know the score. We did see a couple of things that we didn't like on this visit though and I doubt we'll go that far down the beach on any future visits.

Firstly, 2 middle-aged British guys (maybe ex-pats) seem to have set up some gay knocking shop, with next to no consideration for others in the area. We were sat in a circle just to the right of Reynaldo's if you're walking down the hill from the FV1. Normally we prefer to a circle further on the beach but there none available. This circle is the nearest one to the road. Just 20 yards from this circle is an area of bushes. We noticed a tall, thin bald guy with an erection  approaching the bushes.  We had a laugh about it, it was just another peculiar going-on we had witnessed.  Then the 2 Brit guys approached, one quite stocky, the other not so. They were both nude and tanned all over, possibly false/spray on. What followed was a full-on all male threesome with 2 Brits performing sex acts on the bald guy. The bushes shielded anyone on the beach from witnessing this but anyone approaching from the dunes or either side would have walked straight into it. Subsequent visits to the area last week told us that we had in fact, taken 'their' circle, as we saw the pair set up camp in there on 2 other days.

The other incident that bothered us was another day when one of the pervs scrambled through the bushes that backed onto the circle we were in, to get a better view of us. I don't mind if they make it obvious what they're up to because like I said at the start, tell them to move on and they will. This guy was sneeky though, we didn't know he was there. It was only when I turned to get something  out of my bag that I caught him out the corner of my eye. I think this was a British guy but not sure, tall, aged around 60 with a rounded pot belly, not disimlar to that of a pregnant women. I saw him later in the week too, stalking, wearing shorts and carrying a t-shirt.

Now I like to think I'm as liberal as the next guy. I appreciate that we willingly entered an area where certain things (allegedly) go on but for me, these 2 incidents were beyond the pale. So much so that I've mustered up enough distain to search and register on this forum, plus take a GCSE to allow me to enter this first post.

Ps, can anybody tell me why Reynaldo's wasn't open? His service is a bit miserable but the food is top notch and cheaper than the place near to the hotels. I guess he's maybe taken a holiday over the quiet period?

erik_tonny

Why do you think the tan was possibly false/spray on ?

Banjo

My wife reckons it was, said it was too 'orangey' to be a natural tan. To be fair though, it wasn't the tan we took issue with.

I'm getting really good at spelling eleven backwards.

erik_tonny

Quote from: Banjo on January 23, 2017, 10:13:14 AM
My wife reckons it was, said it was too 'orangey' to be a natural tan. To be fair though, it wasn't the tan we took issue with.
You could have fooled me!

Quote from: Banjo on January 23, 2017, 10:13:14 AM
I'm getting really good at spelling eleven backwards.
??
backward backward backward backward backward backward backward backward backward backward backward ??

Banjo

You seem to have taken umbrage here. I'm not sure if you're upset because I have an issue with gay people having sex in the open or sneaking pervs but either way, you seem to be attempting to take me to task about some pretty trivial matters within my original post. Maybe you have a spray tan?

Feel free to scrutinise my grammar errors. I'll do my best but I've no doubt I'll still leave you a few to choose from.

erik_tonny

Sorry, no intent to upset you.
Just pulling your leg a bit.
:-*

Banjo

That's fine, ha. At least I'm closer to getting my quota of posts in and I soon won't have to fill in that barmy questionnaire (at least I think that's how it works).

bedouin

Quote from: Banjo on January 23, 2017, 11:18:42 AM
That's fine, ha. At least I'm closer to getting my quota of posts in and I soon won't have to fill in that barmy questionnaire (at least I think that's how it works).

Sorry, doesn't work that way.  The number of barmy questions progressively increases! :o

paully

Banjo

Ignore Spike aka Erik...He has issues and is obviously today is not a good day  :-*

back to your post, firstly welcome to the forum and I hope you`ll stay around, the banter can get a bit fierce at times but give as good as you get..The area you were in is more the `gay area` hence you saw what you saw..If you walked further towards to the two hotels where there is a disused lifeguard station then you are in the mixed area. Sure you can`t always get a circle, I agree, but we usually lie on the sand by some of the scrub bushes, never had any problems there.

However I wouldn`t walk further south towards Reynaldos, especially if on my own,for reasons now apparant..If you are coming by car leave the last hotel travelling south until you come to the rubbish bins at the side of the road. After 2 do a u turn and park up. Walkover the dunes in a straight line to a fabulous beach which is clothing optional and no problems.

Best wishes
I HATE computer thingyss

Banjo

Thank you for the welcome and the advice paully, much appreciated.