Oceanico Apartments - El Cotillo

Started by sueandrog, May 06, 2017, 13:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sueandrog

We have posted this on the general tab section also.
We have just noticed that it appears that this block has finally reopened after many years of closure, or apparent closure. There has recently been a listing on Holiday Lettings for property 8716391 and the address is listed as Cotillo Ocean Sunset. Looking at the information, cannot work out if the advertiser has the whole block or a couple of units. From the photos they look quite nicely furnished. A lot better than when we looked at them in September last year when the pool was filthy and empty, the patios had rubbish strewn and the property generally in a poor state. Not particularly cheap from the initial look, but does anyone know anything more about them? Due to their position not probably as naturist friendly as some of the other blocks nearer the beach, but another option possibly.   

jg

I seem to recall that in an earlier incarnation they were advertised for naturism.
JG

paully

Yes they were, but were rather too open and alongside a busy (ish) road, so not much privacy and quickly fell into disuse. I remember them being empty for quite a while but noticed in our recent visit that they have re opened again, would imagine they are textile this time, but very handy for good beaches
I HATE computer thingyss

MinRich

We stay at El Caleton and have passed this building many times. It has been for sale for several years and is rarely occupied. I did look inside one of the apartments which are one and two bedroomed. They are tiny and not in my opinion worth a premium. I would not pay anything above £250 a week for them, but only if there was nowhere else to stay. I have not seen the two bed apartments though. It is in a great location though and access to the lagoons by foot is an advantage.

falkirkdan

Quote from: MinRich on May 08, 2017, 07:54:17 AM
It is in a great location though and access to the lagoons by foot is an advantage.

Well being accessable to the beach would be of great benefit to you Rich in keeping down your petrol usage!!!!!
Danny

SuperDave

We will visit these apartments , believe they are For Sale. May interest us as a business venture and as they are near the beach even better.

jg

They are across the road to the lighthouse from the beach so you will have to dress to go there.  :(
JG

NandC

I stayed in these apartments in March 2011 for one week. Whilst they are very basic, the view of the sunsets were magnificent and the pool area was very good - not exposed to the road. I met a couple, Paul and Sue, from the Leicester area who I know have stayed there twice and would love to get in touch with them again. One problem Oceanico had was complaints from neighbours about the noisy generators as they are not on mains electric. Such a shame if they have been left to deteriorate.

jg

I have heard that electricity is being extended that far but, like everything else in Fuerte, it is probably only an optimistic rumour.
JG

SoCal

Quote from: jg on May 18, 2017, 14:19:46 PM
They are across the road to the lighthouse from the beach so you will have to dress to go there.  :(

Dress beyond the outskirts of El Cotillo?  Why bother? :D
Biking and beaches - total freedom

falkirkdan

We were in Cotillo at end of Sept and most of the apartments looked to be occupied lots towels hanging over balconies etc.
Power does extend out that far as El Caleton was connected to mains electric last December.

jg

Quote from: SoCal on November 12, 2017, 05:24:40 AM

Apologies for an oversight.
You need to dress to cross the road if there is a local police vehicle approaching.
I was stopped by one when about to cross the road naked.
JG

suendrob

Quote from: jg on December 03, 2017, 18:52:06 PM

You need to dress to cross the road if there is a local police vehicle approaching.

Sorry, but I find that a little difficult to believe.
I hope you noted the date, it must have been their annual visit!

Seriously though, I'd have casually waited for them to pass, out of courtesy, also avoid having that conversation.

jg

Quote from: suendrob on December 04, 2017, 11:28:58 AM

Sorry, but I find that a little difficult to believe.
I hope you noted the date, it must have been their annual visit!

Seriously though, I'd have casually waited for them to pass, out of courtesy, also avoid having that conversation.
I was waiting well back from the road for a line of cars to pass before crossing when the police car turned from the middle of the line and stopped by me. They merely asked me to put on the wrap which I keep tucked in the back of my pochette until i reached the beach.

JG

Banjo

They probably thought that you was Rolf Harris, on the run.

Easy mistake :D

paully

Quote from: Banjo on December 06, 2017, 18:23:34 PM
They probably thought that you was Rolf Harris, on the run.

Easy mistake :D

LOL  ;D ;D ;D
I HATE computer thingyss

SoCal

A good story.

While staying at Maravilla, many of us were properly not attired and our apartments or studios faced the road. On occasion, we would see the authorities approach. They never stopped.  Frankly, they appeared they couldn't have cared less. Now, if we had a dog not on a leash, well, that was different.

I once asked a policeman about clothing while driving. All that counts he said was to wear something on your feet.  Neither a shirt, nor pants/dress, was required. I suggest we take him at his word!

Biking and beaches - total freedom