All the time.Any ideas
Thanks

jimbews

Quote from: Billington on January 21, 2019, 08:24:53 AM
Hi everyone
I have satellite system using Intelsat 907,it is now showing scrambled
All the time.Any ideas
Thanks

I'd assume the BISS (encryption) codes have changed on that satellite stream https://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-907.html. I'd hope that the people that installed it will be able to install new codes.
BUT
There have always been rumours that these channels (which I believe are used as a backup system between local UK transmitters) may be dropped as internet speeds would allow networking to be used instead.
I'll be interested to hear how things work out.
Don't know if he's still active, but try messaging user ZappaRocks.
Good luck.

fourthwisemonkey

BISS codes have not changed for a long long time. Was not really worth the uplink changing them anymore as they are cracked within 30 mins. Only solution for them was to change encryption type but probably not cost effective. System should be working fine. What receiver are you using as it has been known for certain receivers to lose the biss info for no apparent reason and it may simply need re-flashing (especially if a system reset has been performed.)
1st thing to try is engineering reset (remove power for about 2 mins - not standby but actually disconnect from mains) then re-power and see what happens.
All the various boxes are fairly similar but some are better than others (and easier to re-configure if that is what is required). Cannot advise further without knowing make and model of the receiver box.

ZappaRocks

Hi all, sorry I haven't been on here for ages. The BBC sat is fine and working but has lowered it's power slightly as of late. Any dishes with any problems like rust, not precisely set in the first place or moved have either needed a tweak or even a stronger lnb in some cases.

A 1.2m is standard for this sat, larger would better but because of the weight and freight costs the prices jump up exponentially. It's unlikely to be turned off as it's used by the armed forces abroad, especially areas without internet access.
Try to educate a fool and you become one

fourthwisemonkey

Agree with zappa....1.2mtr minimum with good lnb (black ultra gives good results). Has to be spot on alignment as even when set up perfect only has about a 2-3dB margin of error.
Usually though would show no signal rather than scrambled (again depends on receiver)