cheapest internet phoneline package

Started by keithtx, April 05, 2016, 07:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithtx

Anyone know what's the cheapest? Just looking for internet really 3mb should do. Tried the wimax set-up and that did not work very well.

Thanks

Johnrgby2

I have no idea which is the cheapest,I think it might depend on where you are on the Island, everyone \i speak to has a different opinion, all I can do is tell you what i have.

I use Hablya, who use Moviestar,s hardware as do all providers on The Island,
I get internet @ 8+Mbps again depends where you are, free calls to Spanish numbers, and  5 hours of international calls per month for a cost of 43.60 monthly there are packages with out the calls, but this one suits us, I believe, but am not sure you can put it on hold for periods if you are not a resident.

SheilaW

The problem with going through anyone apart from directly with Movistar is that Movistar own the lines. Not surprisingly, they don't like having to fix lines that are being used by competitors to provide services they provide. So calls get forgotten, slips get lost, mechanics can't find your address, or go sick, or can't find the problem, or blame the problem on the competitor...

Johnrgby2

Quote from: SheilaW on April 05, 2016, 11:59:39 AM
The problem with going through anyone apart from directly with Movistar is that Movistar own the lines. Not surprisingly, they don't like having to fix lines that are being used by competitors to provide services they provide. So calls get forgotten, slips get lost, mechanics can't find your address, or go sick, or can't find the problem, or blame the problem on the competitor...

In all honesty Sheila we have not had a problem other than our download speed slowed a week or so ago I Emailed customer services, and the following day normality returned