Cicar & Cabrera Medina 24hr hire

Started by Studio, December 04, 2015, 19:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studio

Hi, we frequently use Cicar or Cabrera Medina. for a single day hire, picking it up at the airport, and returning it to Corralejo the following day.  It enables us to travel to our apartment and do a 'big shop'.  We have also done a days hire in Lanzarote, picking up and returning the car at Lanzarote and then returning a foot passengers on the ferry.  I have been trying to book for 24 hours in January but the website says there are no cars available, which is unusual.  I contacted both companies and they both tell me that the minimum hire is now three days, although CM will let me hire for 24 hours if I pay an additional 30 euros.  Does anyone know of any other companies that will allow 24 hours hire, picking up at the airport and returning to Corralejo?
Thanks

paully

Something odd going on with CiCar/Cabrera Medina..Their prices for summer 2016 have increased by almost 50% on last year, whilst their competitors have largely remained in line with inflation. Now they appear to be turning `short hire` business away as well..I have used them at least twice a year but won`t be next year....At this rate they will be the ones with no one at their counters and a car park full of cars..

They are a first class company but seem to have got very greedy..sadly a very Spanish trait
I HATE computer thingyss

LAshire

We do the same thing every other month as we have our own car in Fuerte and have always used Cicar.  Have just checked on the Cicar website for January and it is letting us book for just one day, picking up at the airport and returning to Corralejo port. We hope that they don't withdraw the 24h hire option as we have always found this convenient for ourselves, although it does work out approximately the same price as a taxi.

Studio

Hi, you are right, I have just put in different dates and 24hour hire is available, despite both companies telling me this is not the case.  It's odd, becaucause when I put in for 24hrs from Jan 4th it says no cars are available, but iif I put in 3 days from Jan 4th, it will let me book so they obviously do have cars available. I will go back to both and ask them to clarify.  I have asked them if the 3 day hire applies in Lanza too as we sometimes do a 24 hr hire there.  I will post their reply when I receive it. I am now wondering if it is something to do with the holiday period.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Perhaps they are trying to avoid having to come in to work on 5th & 6th Jan preferring instead the 3 Kings celebrations!

Studio

This is the response received today from Cabrera Medina;
Good morning,
We are sorry to make explanations not clearly about our policy on the Islands because the rules are a little bit different for Fuerteventura.

Now the only options to collect in Fuerteventura airport and return in Corralejo harbour and the opposite are:
1. You have to hire a car for at least 3 days.
2. You can hire a car for one day with an extra change of 30.00 EUR.

Saludos/Best Regards,

María González
AUTOS CABRERA MEDINA, S.L.

Still waiting for clarification from Cicar