Water and Electricity Connection

Started by Ernie, December 23, 2013, 19:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

Hi All,

After completing my apartment purchase on 3 December my Puerto-based lawyer is in the process of setting up my water and electricity connections. For my lawyers efforts in this regard I have already paid a flat fee of €200 taken along with other fees at the time of completion. A couple of questions ...

1) Today I have received an invoice for a little over €140 for my water connection. Does this sound right to you guys ? The apartment supply has never been used before so will have needed uncapping.

2) I suspect that my apartment doesn't have an electricity meter fitted in the apartment block electricity meter room (the block being a bank repossession from the original developer) so am expecting a hefty charge for installing one and hooking me up with electricity. Any idea what sort of figure I should expect ?

2) When I'm fully up-and-running will I be able to manage my electricity and water accounts online ? I like to be able to monitor meter readings and bill calculations quite closely so am hoping that it will bear some resemblance to the online billing I'm used to in the UK.

Very many thanks for any replies.

Ernie

SheilaW

I can only comment on your first point: our Corralejo lawyer charges 50€ per connection, explaining that the charge is necessary because a member of staff has to go down to Puerto and stand in line at each place.

Ernie

Thanks Sheila.

It is my understanding that the €200 already taken by my lawyer is their fee for making calls, sending emails and maybe even standing in line so that these utilities get connected ? I hadn't really considered whether this sum would also cover the costs imposed by the utility companies themselves. I guess I hoped it would be sufficient but it appears not, so the €140 will be the first debit from the sum I have designated "unforeseen contingency". I am sure there will be others  ::)

On the computerised billing point, it would appear that Endesa has an excellent website so I am hopeful that monitoring my electricity costs might be straightforward. I am less certain about my water supply (CAAF in El Cotillo I believe) but have found their website which has some form of login available. I've also discovered that they have an office in Corralejo which is good news. 

Ernie

emmi

For on line registration for  Endesa (and possibly your water company) you first need some details from your first paper bill, at least that was the case for me........I think if I remember you need to have either you invoice number or your customer number to put into the site.  It is not as easy as it looks, it took me several hours to get it to accept my details. I could not get the water company site to accept anything on line, so I went to my local office and they did it for me in the end.  Good luck.