WiFi has killed the art of conversation

Started by Can the Man, September 13, 2013, 10:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can the Man

JuanitaBanana

The Wine Bar had this on their Facebook page on the 4th Sept.

woe10

This picture was taken last week in a popular Bar in Caleta, that has WIFI. 2 ipads and 2 iphones. They never stopped all night, even when the Entertainment was on. The lady on the left just sat and watched them, she must have left hers in the apt.   

Paddster

Kids would be lost without all this modern somewhat disappointing - unbelievable

woe10

That's a good way of getting around the Forum Robot padster. By the way, how did you mange to fool the Forum Robot with that Video  ;D 

Paddster

Quote from: woe10 on September 17, 2013, 13:18:17 PM
That's a good way of getting around the Forum Robot padster. By the way, how did you mange to fool the Forum Robot with that Video  ;D 

Dunno - just copied n pasted it  ;D ;D

PHo

Proof positive - we were having a good conversation on this thread but now no posts for two weeks. Everyone must be on wifi!

woe10

I think the point's been made. Apart from banning iPhones / ipads etc, from Bars and Restaurants, what can you do. It's part of British culture now like X-Factor, Strictly Come Dancing, Celebrity Big Brother etc..  No going back.

I saw an advert on TV last night for the latest Google Tablet, where the kid had one in class, and was asking it questions, and it was coming up with the answers  :o He's just going to grow up Thick.

isleswing

The question is, how many people have been reading this thread, sat in bars etc?

Or, how many would dare admit to it????

Paddster

PHo

Nor me - I read it on a desktop at home, and I don't read it at all when in Fuerte.  When on the island, we limit out internet use to essentials, and don't have TV.  It's a brilliant break.

woe10

Quote from: PHo on October 11, 2013, 10:55:18 AM
Nor me - I read it on a desktop at home, and I don't read it at all when in Fuerte.  When on the island, we limit out internet use to essentials, and don't have TV.  It's a brilliant break.

Sounds like Bar next  door to Nestor's is the perfect place for you. No WIFI and no TV's.

Paddster

woe10

I think so. A friend of mine who goes in there posted it on my Facebook.